Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

This is like the 100th time I ask about waking opponents, but...

Do opponents that are crossed over have more inv. time on wake-up? I've had way too many instances where I'd go for a crossover as oki, I see the opponent in their blocking animation, and then my attack whiffs. I've had this kinda crap happen to me a bunch of times, but now it's just getting annoying.

I must also note that everytime that has happened to me, it's beein on Axl.

This is like the 100th time I ask about waking opponents, but...

Do opponents that are crossed over have more inv. time on wake-up? I've had way too many instances where I'd go for a crossover as oki, I see the opponent in their blocking animation, and then my attack whiffs. I've had this kinda crap happen to me a bunch of times, but now it's just getting annoying.

I must also note that everytime that has happened to me, it's beein on Axl.

Could be possible, but I doubt it. If there was, it would probably be the time it takes for their character to turn around (which is like 4F if I recall), but I seriously doubt there is. Most likely you are messing up your hit boxes.

It wasn't an airthrow. Also, can someone tell me what a full guardstun combo is?

uh.. also if you stagger someone than throw them.. the combo count keeps going.

just use slayer bite dash bite to see an example.

And full guardstun combo is when you do a combo when the opponant has full guard stun..

Throwing during stagger is a legit combo though, unlike air throwing during tech which is a weird glitch thing.

Combo meter not resetting in general is just a glitch. It happens in a lot of games and in a few other places in GG, but they are obscure glitches that I don't remember.

Also, can someone tell me what a full guardstun combo is?

Full guardstun or full guardbar?

Full guardstun combo is the same as a regular combo in that it's continuous xx-stun of some sort. Regular combos are moves that connect before hitstun from the previous move ends. Guard combos are moves that connect before blockstun from the previous move ends.

How's that though? I've seen a guy do either BR, ABR or BB with Sol, FRC and air dash afterwards... Where do you fit the JI into that?

Edit: Yeah, he uses BR/ABR/BB to cross over them and then air dashes back towards them on okizeme...

Standing Jump Install is tricky, but similar to the 1-hit install. Essentially without even hitting the other person, you can cancel your jump startup into a move and get the Jump Install properties. Again, a simple example with Venom would be:

If timed properly, Venom will teleport and have Jump Install properties.

thus sol will have ji properties after 6239k frc

Edit: taken from a link a few posts back ^^

I think you mean 2369[K], unless you wanted to JI Wild throw, which you could ...

How's that though? I've seen a guy do either BR, ABR or BB with Sol, FRC and air dash afterwards... Where do you fit the JI into that?

Edit: Yeah, he uses BR/ABR/BB to cross over them and then air dashes back towards them on okizeme...

Air Bandit Revolver FRC to airdash doesn't need JI because you already jumped.

Ground BR auto-JI's for you so you can just airdash. BB probably has the same effect.

Ahh, I think I understand now, please correct me if I'm wrong... The reason you can air dash after an arial Bandit Revolver (FRC) is because you're already in an airborn state. The reason you can't air dash after a Bandit Bringer (FRC) is because even though it looks like you're airborn, you're still in a grounded state. So the only way to air dash afterwards is to install a jump into the BB so you have an arial action afterwards... Is this right?

Does this rule apply to all ground attacks with "arial" FRCs?

Does anyone ever have a problem with normals coming out (usually K) immediately following FRCs? I never had this problem until very recently, so I'm thinking it might be the stick (although that would mean it'd have to be the PCB since I replaced the buttons). But then again, maybe I picked up a bad habit somewhere along the line?

Ahh, I think I understand now, please correct me if I'm wrong... The reason you can air dash after an arial Bandit Revolver (FRC) is because you're already in an airborn state. The reason you can't air dash after a Bandit Bringer (FRC) is because even though it looks like you're airborn, you're still in a grounded state. So the only way to air dash afterwards is to install a jump into the BB so you have an arial action afterwards... Is this right?

Does this rule apply to all ground attacks with "arial" FRCs?

It's not that you are or aren't in an airborne state. When you leave the ground, certain variables can get set. When you start a normal jump, the game sets numbers that says "okay he can double jump or air dash # number of times now). Those numbers get cleared when you land on the ground or otherwise enter a neutral state (like when you don't gattling your combo).

What that means is that if you start a jump but cancel the startup into something else, those numbers got set but you didn't jump. Hence a jump install.

Certain moves have the same effect as jumping in that they set you as able to double jump or air dash when you do them. These moves are the ones that auto-jump install for you.

There is no rule as to why certain moves do or don't auto JI for you, it's just how the developers set them up.

Does anyone ever have a problem with normals coming out (usually K) immediately following FRCs? I never had this problem until very recently, so I'm thinking it might be the stick (although that would mean it'd have to be the PCB since I replaced the buttons). But then again, maybe I picked up a bad habit somewhere along the line?

Yes, it's a common problem. I don't honestly know what causes it yet but it is possible that the way input is read in Slash has changed slightly and this problem is now slightly more apparent than before.

But chances are also as good you are double tapping the normal with your finger. Either way, you can get around it by holding down the buttons when you do an FRC, and then letting them go after that. You also might find using a different set of buttons to FRC will help. I use P+K+S a lot for certain moves that give me grief (Gunflame FRC does this to me all the time).

I thought the same thing too. Till GBlood told me about how after roman cancels normals can be negative edged. The same night, while playing, I noticed this to be true.

I think that's a glitch though, because you aren't SUPPOSED to be able to negative edge normals. It might be some weird compound glitch or something, because it really doesn't make sense.

But a lot of people have noticed odd input glitches in Slash so honestly I wouldn't really put a label on what the problem is yet.

In post number #387 by Muffa, in the Video POsting Thread, there's a Zappa VS Ky match right at the bottom. In it, twice, Zappa summons Raoh after RC-ing a a previous summon. Were they both random? Or does it have something to do with RC-ing that summon? I'm just curious about it, as i don't play Zappa.

Sign in to follow this