Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

Cactus Guy:

That's a Dead Angle Attack (abbreviated DAA). Guilty Gear's version of Street fighter's alpha counter. DAA's are performed by blocking a move, then pressing forward + any 2 non dust buttons. To do a slashback, don't tap forwards. Make sure you're holding back or downback, before pressing S and HS. As for what a slashback is, it's basicially a parry from Streetfighter 3, CvS2, etc, except you can do it in blockstun (think red parry).

from what I've read: hold start during the versus screen (i.e. after selecting character and stage).. completely forgot about that.. never tested it tough..

Kobayashi:

It was just a rumor, the person who initially posted it found it wasn't true after further testing. Some of the new voice sets sound very similar to the old voice sets for certain moves. So no, you can't get the old voices. Really too bad. On the other hand, I do enjoy Smoker's cough Potemkin very much.

Im sure theres a good charace no one will know wtf im talking about,but im to lazy to test it so just in case.... When you do the jump cancle that keeps your momentum, does that hit not count towards the tech buffer? I dont recall ever noticeing this before... but ive seem to find some instances where unless I do that kind of cancle some combos do not work bizarely enough... That is unless each time im doing this there is something else of factor... IN XX there was a way to change how much tech buffer moves added to you to say... So not like that kinda thing doesnt exsist.. but still.. *scratchs chin*

The slight pause in game action when a move hits or a move is blocked. Some moves have greater hitstop then others, like most people's 6HS and Eddie's Little Ed's P attack . And others have no hitstop at all, like Johnny's Level 3 Mist Finers and Venom's Dark Angle.

xxx

Here's a stupid question I'm too lazy to figure out myself. When A.B.A is in "power mode", does the damage she takes from dishing out attacks stay constant, or does it vary if a hit was blocked or from the power of the attack or something?

1) Hitting in the middle of an attack's active frames. A common example would be during oki (your opponent's wakeup) you stick out an attack over top of them in such a way that they wakeup in to your attack's active frames and are forced to either reversal or to block.

2) Dunno.

I do have a couple questions that I need answered please.

When you jump, not 1F but normal jump and your character starts their crouch animation before they leave the ground. How many frames does it take to leave the ground?

How many frames does it take before you can Air dash? It's height specific I believe so if so, NM.

When you Instant block,what is the buffer window in frames that it will still accept the IB. example Slashbacking is a lot stricter than IB, I believe IB is a huge window, just like Parry in 3S. What about slashback? How many buffer frames. BY buffer frames I mean, frames before the actual connection of the move away you input the block/slashback and it still counts for a IB/slashback.

Does anyone other than Sol or Ky have "hidden" moves? IE Super dragon install, ground lightning, etc etc.

Does anyone other than Sol or Ky have "hidden" moves? IE Super dragon install, ground lightning, etc etc.

I think what's documented so far is:

Sol: Super Dragon install

Ky: Lightning thing

Chipp: Wall jump

Dizzy: IK but worse

Jam: Retarded super

As far as secret moves go.

I do have a couple questions that I need answered please.

When you jump, not 1F but normal jump and your character starts their crouch animation before they leave the ground. How many frames does it take to leave the ground?

It's not the same for every character, if I recall correctly. For some it's something like 3 frames before the character is in the air, for others (Like Johnny and Robo-Ky especially, I think) it's more.

How many frames does it take before you can Air dash? It's height specific I believe so if so, NM.
Yeah, there's a minimum height, I'm almost certain of it.

I remember now. It's all 3 frames except Johnny, Robo-Ky, Axl, and maybe Pot. There might be a couple more. Those are all 4 frame jumpers. Thanks for such a quick response.

Any ideas on this?

When you Instant block,what is the buffer window in frames that it will still accept the IB. example Slashbacking is a lot stricter than IB, I believe IB is a huge window, just like Parry in 3S. What about slashback? How many buffer frames. BY buffer frames I mean, frames before the actual connection of the move away you input the block/slashback and it still counts for a IB/slashback.

What is the difference between Anji's butterfly and FB butterfly? I couldn't find anything in the Anji forums, and I didn't want to look stupid and ask there.

FB Butterfly is an overhead and might move faster, dono, also has multiple hits. Normal butterfly is a mid.

Sign in to follow this