Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

6236 will be read as either 623 or 236, depending on the character. I know with Johnny, a 6236 is read in as 623.

Or has this changed since Slash, and they've standardized it so that a 6236 is a 623 across all characters?

Or has this changed since Slash, and they've standardized it so that a 6236 is a 623 across all characters?

Yep. It was returned to the #Reload-style input, where 6236 will always give you a 623 move, regardless of if you have a 236 move as well. The only game where this wasn't the case was Slash.

Teyah// I always turn input mode on when I practice so I can see it. I input 6236...

One thing I discovered is that though if you want to use 623 move with 6236 input, you need to do it really fast. I think you are right 4r5, for some characters I think 6236 input timing is a little bit more forgiving than others. Anji's On(623 H) is pretty easy to pull off even with 6236 command but I sometimes get fujin(236 H).

where is a good place to buy accent core for ps2 and is their an american version out yet?

http://dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=181457#post181457

I play with faust and eddie in xx2 they high in the tier list?

Eddie is the best character both X2 and AC (and #R, for that matter).

Faust is high tier in X2 and mid/upper tier in AC.

Faust is a lot easier to learn than Eddie.

Is it possible to get a CH throw? I ask this because I've seen combo vids of Sol getting an air throw then landing a clean hit fafnir. So I tried to replicate this and I found out that if the throw is a CH Sol can land fafnir.

Is it possible to get a CH throw? I ask this because I've seen combo vids of Sol getting an air throw then landing a clean hit fafnir. So I tried to replicate this and I found out that if the throw is a CH Sol can land fafnir.

haven't tried it myself, but i think i know the combo vid you're talking about, and it was a really low air throw, if that helps.

Chars like Jam and Robo-Ky can get CH throws, if they flash the guard bar.

That's because landing CH throws would require someone actually picking Johnny in the first place, and noone is dumb enough to do that.

What's the effective method to mash out of dizzy/stagger in GG?

Is it button based? Stick based? Mix of both?

Always wondered about this.

i'm convinced that some button input helps, but i think most people say it's just stick input.

Button input helps with things like Sol's GV, but not with mashing out of stagger.

Also: Keep in mind that while two opposite diagonals (919191919 or 737373737) is probably the most efficient way to get out quickly, it will often be more advantageous to get an input for a move or ensure that you're blocking than to get out as fast as humanly possible.

No, stick and buttons mash helps to get out of stagger and faint. Stick alone isn't that great to escape stagger but if you mash buttons as well you get out faster. I tested it. Slayer sometimes will put me into stagger with his 5HS or air OD and I'll mash out before he can land another hit. In short: mash both buttons and directions to get out faster.

No, stick and buttons mash helps to get out of stagger and faint. Stick alone isn't that great to escape stagger but if you mash buttons as well you get out faster. I tested it. Slayer sometimes will put me into stagger with his 5HS or air OD and I'll mash out before he can land another hit. In short: mash both buttons and directions to get out faster.

Um, by what means did you test this?

Every reliable source as well as my and most other players' experience seems to indicate otherwise.

Since the visual difference between most characters' stagger and neutral animations isn't that significant, perhaps it was simply easier to notice when you got out of stagger due to something coming out immediately afterwards.

If I'm not mistaken, buttons help for getting out of dizzy, but not stagger.

Actually, I haven't heard much about getting out of dizzy/faint state, so that could be true.

To test it just program the CPU to do a move that causes stagger like Sol's 6HS. The try to mash out just using the pad or stick then try it again but use the pad/stick and the buttons as well. Find out which method gets the job faster.

Anyway I have a question on button layout:

as in the Eddie forums earlier and I noticed that Teyah said if you play Eddie on pad take advantage of the shoulder buttons. The layout was listed as this:

P= X

K= []

S = ^

HS = R1

D = R2

Does anyone else here use that layout? Is it better for gatlings? Another player at where I go to college play Potemkin and Jam and whenever he plays on pad he uses that layout.

The layout was listed as this:

P= X

K= []

S = ^

HS = R1

D = R2

Curious...

One quick question: is it possible to grab during airdash?

whose airdash? you can grab people out of their airdashes; you can't grab during your own (i think...).

Sign in to follow this