Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

I have Stupid questions regarding Slayer! =D

Ok, Slayer is different since his normals (2K, 2S, and so on) are "links" and not "gattlings".

How do you combo them?

What is the timing for them?

Do I have to consider that "Beat" Gague with the numbers? If so, will that help me determine how fast I do the "Links"?

Thanks in advance. =)

well, i think by definition, a link is when one move combos to another but the first move fully recovered. (so compared to a gatling/special cancel, the first move didn't cancel to the second move.)

so, to combo them, you let the first one recover, then do the second one fast enough that you get the BEAT counter going. The timing depends on which ones you're talking about.

But just so you know, some of them actually ARE gatlings. if you look in the player's guide on this site (check the link in the announcements section at the top of the Foundation board) and read some of the comments in Slayer's movelists, you'll see that it says that some moves have gatling windows at specified times.

in any case, it'll take some practice before you get the timing down consistently for his gatlings and links.

hey guys, Im new here, great forum, you guy are really passionate about GG. Neway, here's my silly newb question:

can someone clarify what exactly a clean hit is as opposed to a not so clean hit? I saw this used in a lot of discussions about Sol's Grand Viper and Sidewinder, and I looked through the FAQ and encyclopedia and I didnt see any explanation at all. Its idiotic I know, and I have a fairly good idea what it means but I just want to confirm. Thx.

It's a hit property that only exists for Sidewinder, Grand Viper, and Fafnir. The quantitative properties (i.e. CL SW damage formula, and CL untechable time) are listed in the frame data:

http://www.dustloop.com/data/ac/select.html => Sol

(check the "Comments" column under SW, GV and Fafnir, and also the footnote to the damage column for SW)

It's a hit property that only exists for Sidewinder, Grand Viper, and Fafnir. The quantitative properties (i.e. CL SW damage formula, and CL untechable time) are listed in the frame data:

(check the "Comments" column under SW, GV and Fafnir, and also the footnote to the damage column for SW)

I'm not 100% sure on this but doesn't one of Faust's moves have a clean hit property when it hits. I know its a rare thing with him and I think its when he uses that overhead forcebreak.

Again not 100% sure but I heard something about this

Clean hit exists with Anji's move too. Some moves on clean hit cause bounding effect which enables Anji to combo.

Clean hit exists with Anji's move too. Some moves on clean hit cause bounding effect which enables Anji to combo.

Uh I think your thinking of something entirely diffrent. None of Anji's moves say Clean hit after it is performed

I'm not 100% sure on this but doesn't one of Faust's moves have a clean hit property when it hits. I know its a rare thing with him and I think its when he uses that overhead forcebreak.

I think that was EX Faust, in Slash. Forget which move exactly, and not sure if it carried over to AC.

Chomite: you're thinking of Counter Hit stuffs most likely.

I think that was EX Faust, in Slash. Forget which move exactly, and not sure if it carried over to AC.

Chomite: you're thinking of Counter Hit stuffs most likely.

eck! Stupid me :v: Sorry! (runs away in an embrassment)

I have a question for you guys, From the 'Singles Tournaments...' thread, I found:

Being top tier in AC means you have a lot of even matches.

This made me curious becuase I never really understood why Axl is B tier if he has almost all even match ups with other characters.

Ok cool, I got it now. THx

I never really understood why Axl is B tier if he has almost all even match ups with other characters.

Umm... the voice acting?:v:

actually I have another question, is there a limit to how many jump installs u can store before you go into the air and then use them all or is it just 1?

You're thinking of GG Slash Faust's Scalpel -> Pull -> Slap. If you perform the final qcf+P with the right timing, it does more damage, and ground bounces them. In AC, they removed the timing, and changed it so you get the Fire Slap if you hit them with a coin.

broly2012:

I think your understanding of jump install is a little off. The easiest way to think of it, is the game simply keeps track of double jump/airdash with a YES/NO (TRUE/FALSE) value. So when you jump install, the value of this variable gets set to true. Doing a jump install again won't do anything, as the variable already reads YES (setting YES to YES = no change). So repeatedly jump installing won't buy you extra airdashes or double jumps. Either you are, or aren't allowed to double jump/airdash.

You're thinking of GG Slash Faust's Scalpel -> Pull -> Slap. If you perform the final qcf+P with the right timing, it does more damage, and ground bounces them. In AC, they removed the timing, and changed it so you get the Fire Slap if you hit them with a coin.

faustslapsv5.jpg

:(

exfaustslapvq9.jpg

:eng101:

Faust has a JF on his command throw that makes it do a lot more dmg.

Don't give away those secrets, geez.

Hi, I'm pretty new to the series and there are couple things I'd like to confirm. Please answer my noob questions.

1) I've read that characters have different throw ranges. So if character A throws character B outside of character B's throw range, can character B still escape the throw?

2) Can you ever 1 frame jump forward? or is it backwards only?

3) Does the high jump require the same number of frames as the normal jump, assuming you don't FD the high jump?

4) Let's say I have a normal move that puts my opponent into 30F blockstun when blocked, and I have another entity (let's just say Dizzy's fish, and I'm just making up the numbers) that puts my opponent into 10F block stun when blocked. So... my opponent blocks my normal move and after 10F, the fish bites. Will my opponent be in 20F blockstun or only 10F blockstun because of the fish bite?

Thanks in advance.

For moves (In accent core) like when venom charges a ball and shoots it or when May uses her dolphins (Where you have to hold back then forward then the move how long do you need to hold it?

In some videos I see people do the dolphin thing fast and consecutively but when I try it, it seems I have to hold back for a long time.

Can anyone help me or give me tips? I hope that my question is understandable...

Sign in to follow this