Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

pretty pointless question but ive always wondered

when a new version of guilty gear hits the arcades in japan, how do they figure out the FRC timings?

Ok, I've just recently got GGXXAC for wii and Im trying to learn combos but I dont even understand them like this for Chipp, d.s©,6p,s©,2d,236s,236k,p, j.p,j.p,j.k[2],j.k[2],j.D,236p, I have no idea what that means, sorry if im wasting your time or anything..

So, recently I was picking up venom, after talking with a friend. I read that TK Mad Struggle really helps his game, but the problem is, I could never do TK Bomber. But after a few times in Training, I can TK MS 9/10 times. After that, I was like "Sweet, now I should be able to FB Bomber!" Went into Training, and TK Bomber always came out as sj.H or sj.D. Went back to venom and I did all variants of TK Mad Struggle everytime.

Is there something up to TKing Bomber? :psyduck:

Hidden

Not sure what you mean by Bomber since he has no such move. But TK'ing his FB Mad Struggle or normal Mad Struggles are just an issue of doing the input and jumping afterwards.

TK FB Mad Struggle: 236 (7/8/9)+D

TK Mad Struggle Flipkick 236 (7/8/9)+H

TK Mad Struggle: 236 (7/8/9)+S

TK Red Hail: 236236 (7/8/9)+H

TK Air Ball Formation: 214 (7/8/9)+P/K/S/H/D

Keep in mind you can buffer Stinger Aims and Carcass Ride from Mad Struggle on the way down.

I've never tested this, and I've never really had to worry about it, but can you Roman Cancel with a negative input?

Currently, I'm stuck to Pad, as my stick is still in pieces.

On top of that, if it is possible, would 2 releases and one positive work?

The reason I ask is because since I'm stuck on pad currently, Robo's 5H FRC is way too quick, but if I FD cancel something, I can just hold them down and release them all for the FRC.

As for the 2 releases and one positive, It's just curiosity.

Question about beating throws:

Why does 2P beat thows/wake-up throws and not 2K/5K? Whenever I play local Potemkins and often use 2P to beat their throws but whenever I use 5K I lose.

Question about beating throws:

Why does 2P beat thows/wake-up throws and not 2K/5K? Whenever I play local Potemkins and often use 2P to beat their throws but whenever I use 5K I lose.

You're either out of his throw range or hitting him before the animation starts (In the case of pot buster, real throws are 0F), or even just before he presses H.

So how does air throws work? On numerous occasions I've been in the air and have had someone come up after me and I end up throwing them easily... (it could just be Order-Sol and his low jump)

Be within horizontal range + Be within vertical range + Be vertically below them = airthrow

err on Hatred Edge case

"be on mid air, someone come at you, and you throw them easily"

was never hapen to me, it's easier to be on ground when i want to air throw something, on that one it's more likely i'll got beaten by stuff if i try to do air throw

Be within horizontal range + Be within vertical range + Be vertically below them = airthrow

you don't have to be below them, but with some characters, their vertical range seems to extend "up" more than "down", so it can look that way.

@hatred : we speaking OS air throw right? :v: on most case it looks like i'm always catch them(Sol, May, I-No, Johnny, Zappa, Ky, Tes, Eddie, Baiken, Jam, Chip & Pot :vbang:) whenever they try to jump in or when at the corner on tech recover :v:

Since it seems like reversal backdashes/reversals in general are important in this game, how am I suppose to time them? How big of a window do I have? Is there a notice like in Street Fighter or do I just have to have it down?

Only when you do specials/overdrives. Backdashes, throws, and normals with reversal timing won't be explicit. You'll just have to practice doing them against meaty attacks to know when you're successful.

Sign in to follow this