Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedBeard

[AC] Johnny Video Links/Video Discussion

lol, FRC that's day one Johnny stuff, man. You have to be fast when you input K then pretty much tap 8 to keep your forward momentum while jumping. You can do it with a lot of characters (Sol off the top of my head). Just be quicker and you'll get your momentum.

Anybody know who this JO player is? He does some creative/sexy stuff in here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jWI_5zOraQ

Thread's been dead for a while, let's get some discussion going!

Also:

http://www.a-cho.com/ac/achomov.html

I don't know who told DC to start a round with a feint Respect, but it's not working out too well for him. Someone should tell him to quit it. Otherwise, same old DC: awesome.

the only johnny players i see in a-cho vids are bleed and dc

??? What? Bleed is never going to be on A-cho unless there is a big event. He is Kantou bro. KNOW YOUR POKEMON! And Omito JO is on there all the time, what crack you smokin' son?

??? What? Bleed is never going to be on A-cho unless there is a big event. He is Kantou bro. KNOW YOUR POKEMON! And Omito JO is on there all the time, what crack you smokin' son?

lol if anyone would know it'd be you Honnou. Does BLEED even get recorded anymore? Or has he left Johnny behind for Litchi's big boobies? I don't blame him though.

Anyway; about the link, check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jWI_5zOraQ#t=3m34s

The comeback here is so epic; he capitalized on the MI's unsafe move and that was all he needed. It looks like DC wanted to enkasu loop but couldn't link it, so he turned into a tech punish fiasco with j. D, airthrow, sj.D, etc. (Can Millia even be enkasu looped?) Either way, this combo was incredibly sexy to watch.

I mean really one can't talk if it works, but DC seems to just toss coins like he's in training mode with infinite. Its probably his "burn it down" strategy that makes it work though, because the match rarely lasts long enough for him to care about it.

It almost makes me wonder what would happen if he burned through his coins, and had his opponent still almost fresh.

Omito's still around, and still amazing. MK, Hiro, Shiroi are others that are also great. The legendary Suzume still plays according to Honou, but he just doesn't get recorded enough. Personally I still think DC is interesting to watch; he works like a improvising jazz musician.

Can Millia even be enkasu looped?

Any character in the game, even SO and OS, can be enkasu looped.

satou

People can spell it like this if they want, but the way you say it is Satu. Sa-two. Like that. I think there is another player actually named Satou pronounced Sa toe that plays testament.

his name is spelled sa to uu

i realize i mispronounce it all the time but i dont give a FUCK

Dude, it's spelled サトゥ/さとぅ, not サトウ/さとう. They are different. I don't want another kaQn thread.

since you mentioned it in the comments, would you mind touching upon the speed glitch in console ac here (where it's most noticeable, roughly how much it screws with timing, etc)?

i didn't notice anything last time i played on a cab, but then again the cab here also uses happ parts of questionable age.

(of course, the super obvious things like slowdown during superflash/level 3 mistfiners notwithstanding)

Ya, the console speed thing isn't any sort of random slowdown due to too much FXs or anything. It just runs faster. You can think of it as 1 frame being less than 1/60th of a second, or as the game running a little above 60fps, or whatever. How noticeable it is varies from person to person. It depends on how intimate you were with the game and your playstyle.

I dunno about people who have steady access to both arcade and console, maybe they (unconsciously?) develop a skill to go between the two seamlessly. But for people who mostly play on console, whether they notice it or not, the speed difference does affect their performance. At least with people in my area, I haven't seen anyone go from to the foreign platform without suffering a hit to their play.

It's like moving turbo up or down 1 notch in HDR. It's not as big of a difference as going from slowest to fastest, but the difference is there and it fundamentally changes the game and how you play it. I remember SE-R2. This was a few months after AC hit PS2. People were shouting out, "America! We can't block overheads!" I dunno about other scenes at the time, but everyone in MD/VA from the topest player to the lowest scrub could block a 5D at the least. Before AC, anyway. We all didn't know what the fuck was going on when we couldn't. We just assumed one of the AC changes was all 5D's got faster. People like to say how Japan plays so conservatively, America would play conservatively too if the version we played was the correct speed.

side note, If anyone was wondering why I stopped uploading Johnny match vids. The last Johnny match vid I uploaded, Jan 2009 I think, was when I listened to my gut and acknowledged to myself that there was something different between the vids we were watching and the game we were playing.

edit: looking at my venom combo again, sitting with 100% meter, i probably could of just killed him outright

interesting. is there any idea as to what causes this?

it almost sounds to me like it could very well be the difference in refresh rates/resolutions between playing on an arcade monitor and a tv; i do recall a certain axl player bitching about missing stuff when i hooked up console ac to a crt monitor once. do slash and #r suffer from the speed glitch as well?

at this point though, i guess it's a matter of who knows/cares. even if it's a coded-in framerate increase to compensate for potential framerate drops caused by deinterlacing, anti-aliasing, etc; it doesn't really change that it's there.

Arcade AC feels like console Slash/#R to me. The AC PS2 ports are the first ports that didn't suffer from random framerate drops. I assume that probably has something to do with the increased speed.

that announcer owns

also i'm pretty sure that's just satou using a pseudonym he's known to do that