Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedBeard

[AC] Johnny Video Links/Video Discussion

If we were to change the object of the game to racing from one edge of the stage to the other, then Chipp and Millia would be on top. And characters like Potemkin and Johnny would be at the bottom.

Have some Wave Dash, Johnny comrade, you'll finish on the podium !

On a more serious note, WD really helps make JO less "stiff" on the ground.

EtherFang, no offense meant, could you please avoid quoting a whole message, specially if it does not serve a specific purpose and/or is a long one. If quotation is needed, just keep the only few sentences you think relevant to your answer. ;)

Hey, a new JO Combo Movie ? Let's "Fulaaaiii Aweeeiii !".

Posted not long ago by Hideki, kudos go to him. Comments and technical stuff shown in CM and matches are more than welcome, specially since I can't watch videos. :v:

Thanks in advance mates.

I love the commentary ! :keke: "Oh Nooo ....suuck ........ Nooob ...":yaaay:

Question about the BLEED vids; is he playing on stick or pad? I've been trying to learn some of his techniques (specifically FD Dashing) and I can't pull it off on pad. I can't play stick (yet) so I was wondering if BLEED is on stick when he does it?

Japanese players (of whom BLEED is one) almost exclusively use stick. They have arcades all over the country with GGXXAC cabinets. Johnny's FD dashing is very easy with a stick, and ridiculously hard on a pad.

When I use to play pad, I rocked my thumb across 4 and 6 while using my other hand to counter-rock the controller, to produce a really fast 4646464646464646.... motion. And then I would get tired and not do it again for a while.

Today i was working on that with pad. It is very hard to dash like that, but it is quite easy to just do it twice (66FD66) by entering this command: 66646 and from what i see this part of dashing is used in most cases. Your opinions?

Japanese players (of whom BLEED is one) almost exclusively use stick. They have arcades all over the country with GGXXAC cabinets.

Johnny's FD dashing is very easy with a stick, and ridiculously hard on a pad.

I figured as much. I've only played AC on stick in an arcade once, and I refuse to do it again until I can get an arcade stick for my PS2. I'm a decent player on pad, but I looked ABSOLUTELY noobish on the stick. My respect to you stick players and, of course, BLEED.

Another BLEED vid question: I notice that after he catches someone with a MFL2 mid he follows up with a KJ as they are sliding across. How does he do that? When I try, it seems to whiff or I'm never close enough for it to connect.

hmmm... try doing that when u are close to mid-screen instead and u want to land the kjt > kj frc a bit late so u are in favourable position to do follow up combo (kjfrc, land, c.s aircombo blah). of course, u can also just rc the kjt>kj stuff and figure out which distance works for you. oh yea, is the ground slide thing char specific? seems like some char i can delay the timing a lot more than others. is it just cuz how their hitbox is shifting when sliding? xero: oh yea close-up tk kj in the corner also works eh? :D but wouldnt u rather land a 6h and go for a aircombo for more dmg?

I would guess he just TKs it. that is really low.

Whoa whoa hold the phone; you can TK KJ?!? Guess I still have a lot to learn about Johnny. Again I'm guessing it'll be easier to do this on a stick?

killer what kinda combo did bleed do? how far was he from the corner where the opp is sliding to? from a lot of the match vid i see him do the kjt > kjfrc combo when he land lvl2 k mid-screen.

killer what kinda combo did bleed do? how far was he from the corner where the opp is sliding to? from a lot of the match vid i see him do the kjt > kjfrc combo when he land lvl2 k mid-screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajZ53t0qy4c

2:32 BLEED hits Testament with a MFL2 mid and immediately follows up with a KJ FRC as Testament is sliding.

You know.. I still haven't quite gotten that down yet. When I try to land a KJ in a MF2(K) combo, it ends up looking like this: MF2(K)-dash-6H-JC-KJFRC-whatever. So instead of chasing the opponent with KJT after landing the MF2(K), I have to be close enough to dash in and 6H them. I'd like to add the longer range of the KJT-KJ combo to my options, but I haven't put in the practice for it yet. Here is how I think it works: Immediately after landing the MF2(K), start inputting the 421 motion for KJT. Once Johnny has finished the recovery of MF2(K), hit the S button to complete the 421S required to perform KJT. Once you're in range to hit them with KJ, usually a little bit after Johnny has begun falling during the KJT, you hit S and perform KJ, and then FRC it. From there you *could* j.S them into an aircombo, but it's far better to land first and then hit them with c.5S and jump cancel that into a better aircombo, where you have both your jump options available. If I'm wrong, I'm terribly sorry for the misinformation, and I'd encourage someone around here to set things straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajZ53t0qy4c

2:32 BLEED hits Testament with a MFL2 mid and immediately follows up with a KJ FRC as Testament is sliding.

it's kinda distance specific. if you're close enough to the corner, it shouldn't be too hard. but if you're a certain distance away you either have to do KJ really late after the transport, like right before he lands late.

it's a little difficult from max distance, but you should be able to do it no problem after a bit of practice.

Thanks guys; I'll keep practicing. Once I get better I'd like to upload some of my own matches with friends of mine. Can anyone recommend the best method for me to do so?