Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedBeard

[AC] Johnny Video Links/Video Discussion

Sounds like you don't have a Nico Nico Douga account

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8551398

there's a tutorial

I still think Bleed’s mistake was the 3HS that got him more than anything, and I’m mainly referring to Slayers Damage as far as insanity goes. Him loosing the third round to me was like…”hey, it happens.” :kitty: And to be quite honest, I wasn't surprised.

The 3HS was where all the damage happened, but the KJ was the turning point. Missing that FRC made Bleed lose his battle plan and even worse, it dragged the match long enough for Slayer to get his bearings straight. When Bleed took back control, he quickly lost it. In his haste to come up with a new course of action he made the dubious decision of throwing out the 3HS. Now in the third round: Slayer, with clear eyes, easily takes the round from a cobbled Bleed and wins.

aww man i gotta wait 24hrs until my account is activated or something? 4r5, I think you should get that BLEED sbo semi-final video uploaded on youtube dude.

About picking Johnny i wanted to say that i played some matches vs Raziel (OS) and Zaelock (BA) and i was just dissapointed. I just hope its only me that im playing not good enough and dont know my char good enough than Johnny not being effective. Or i suck vs super attacking playstyles :P .

Hey, D4Nt3, I'm taking this reply to another thread.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=257457#post257457

aww man i gotta wait 24hrs until my account is activated or something?

4r5, I think you should get that BLEED sbo semi-final video uploaded on youtube dude.

Sorry, I don't got the actual file to upload anywhere. My next study break, I'll see what I can do for you. No promises though.

I like how everyone is just referring to Niga as "the slayer guy". BLEED really needed to seal the deal in round 2 and just lost it. :(

shrug, if you don't got roman characters in you're name, then you're just that guy (kinda like marn)

I like how everyone is just referring to Niga as "the slayer guy". BLEED really needed to seal the deal in round 2 and just lost it. :(

Naaah, Niga is an awesome player (actually his whole team was mad BROKEN haha), but It's just that you can't help but want a certain character/player to win sometimes. Similar to Machaboo's match vs Ogawa, but that match was a totally different story.

I feel the same way. It was just funny how he is like THE slayer cos nobody calls Ogawa "that eddie guy".

Did anyone see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9U7M4uz6X0

this amazing combo video imo? :P

I wish i could find it in high quality. Ideas?

Nice vid; I tried practicing some combos with Jump Installed Divine Blade FRC but it's pretty tough; while I can nail the FRC I can't seem to follow up after it and I end up dropping the combo. I would realy like to master it though; those are some stylish combos!

Well im working on many combos from that vid to and generally im getting very inspired from that vid. Currently practicing on MF-K lv2, coin, dash HS MCJH, 2D, Mist. I find the HS MCJH part to be hard but i need more practice on that. Also it doesnt work on everybody (second hit of 2D whiffs) for ex. Slayer. Im amazed that it works very good vs Sol/OS and lets u at the right distance for 3HS. After some training on that i will search for combos that end in MF-K lvl2 (enkasu works good here) In the "What the hell is going on" lyric part i died laughing cause i really didnt know... what the hell was going on :P

Jesus freakin' Christ that's what I like to see. I'm sorry Eddie, your top tier has just epic failed.

Jesus freakin' Christ that's what I like to see. I'm sorry Eddie, your top tier has just epic failed.

Ever notice the lv.2 k MF>coin>66 jump dash(super fast)>jkjsjd (in proper speed)>1 hit ensenga?

Can anyone do it in this house? I've tried many times and still unsuccessful. Any tricks or steps i've missed in the above?

yea, i've done it it's not all that great against eddie because the method below is easier, but it happens to be really good against lighter characters because the method below is distance specific against them. against eddie (and most other characters) just do lvl2.k MF > coin > iad > jkjpjd > 1-hit ensenga edit: also, against normal weight characters like eddie/testament/slayer if you're too far away for iad > jkjpjd > 1-hit ensenga, you can do coin > 6k > MC > iad > jkjd > 1-hit ensenga

Does anybody know what happened to Suzume? These days I tend to see more Bleed and Jonio AC vids. The few AC vids I have seen of him are...amazing. Has he retired or something?

the site where we used to see him at (anngora232 or something) hasn't updated in a long time, except once on bigooooooooohh's youtube account there were some matches from this anngora place (somehow). maybe he retired; maybe the arcade he played at a lot closed down/got rid of their GG machine and he's had to play somewhere else where they don't record. lotta arcades don't record in general, anyways, so who knows.

I find you a very experienced johnny indeed with your ji's, kj frc>db frc>jd>ensenga...your combos are all good. I'm very much similar to your fighting style in fact. More on the offense than defense =/

Just some general comments, nothing dogmatic just some personal comments:

Match 1: 1) You rely heavily on ensenga near the end of the match, even without an RC. Dangerous. 2) When you're pressured in the corner, why not use some FD blocking to repel a bit more distance, and start moving forward again?

Match 2: 1) when you have your opponent in the corner, it doesn't HAVE to be an ensenga =/ predictable man. I often repeat the same thing you do too, relying heavily on ensenga so I guess I'm not too proud of myself on this either. But yeh, I'm now learning to do more mixups when opponent's in the corner. Try staying at mid range after you've 2d the opponent. At the time they get up, they'd be guessing if it's an ensenga. Throw them a 236S lv.1. Next mind game, MC a lv.1 S, and go for the lv.1 S again! If they do fall for it, go for the ensenga the 3rd time. Well, this is no rule fixed in stone, but just an example on how mixups can make your opponent miserable, especially MC-ing. I know that ensenga>rc>ad>jkjd...racks most damage, which is why if your opponents would try blocking it as much as they can to avoid.

I find you a very experienced johnny indeed with your ji's, kj frc>db frc>jd>ensenga...your combos are all good. I'm very much similar to your fighting style in fact. More on the offense than defense =/

Just some general comments, nothing dogmatic just some personal comments:

Match 1: 1) You rely heavily on ensenga near the end of the match, even without an RC. Dangerous. 2) When you're pressured in the corner, why not use some FD blocking to repel a bit more distance, and start moving forward again?

Match 2: 1) when you have your opponent in the corner, it doesn't HAVE to be an ensenga =/ predictable man. I often repeat the same thing you do too, relying heavily on ensenga so I guess I'm not too proud of myself on this either. But yeh, I'm now learning to do more mixups when opponent's in the corner. Try staying at mid range after you've 2d the opponent. At the time they get up, they'd be guessing if it's an ensenga. Throw them a 236S lv.1. Next mind game, MC a lv.1 S, and go for the lv.1 S again! If they do fall for it, go for the ensenga the 3rd time. Well, this is no rule fixed in stone, but just an example on how mixups can make your opponent miserable, especially MC-ing. I know that ensenga>rc>ad>jkjd...racks most damage, which is why if your opponents would try blocking it as much as they can to avoid.

I take your compliment in stride thanks I appreciate the gesture. I am actually more defensive its just that I have to be more aggressive with my friend. My rushdown is a lot more "fancier" on other characters its just that with him, he BDC jumps my gaps more efficiently.

Match 1: I used Ensenga a lot period because in the matches previous to that he was blocking my lows all day. I couldn't even hit him without him messing up. You saw how often I hit him with the ensenga, its because he was primarily blocking low. He knows that if I hit him low I tend to be a lot more combo heavy also. It was predictable probably to you because you are a Johnny player and because you were looking through the fourth wall but he blocked low a lot. I was doing a lot of lows like MF S at the end of combos, 2K, and 2S so that he couldn't punish me so that's why I went high. Lastly he knows Johnny play well and he has been fighting me for years, and he knows I will do an ensenga when I have 50% tension, that is why I did it without the tension, to switch it up.

Match 2: I did those mixups, its in other videos though that we have. Actually if you watch all the videos you'll see me switch up between high and low. High worked more often so that is why I did it more often, but the other videos I have, have some really interesting high and low stuff. I might put them on later.

Very nice fights!! I saw the comments at the Slayer section also. Indeed the first vid has some problems. Ill get a recorder for tv soon, to.. get down to business :P

You have a nice Johnny. I'll have to eventually get some vids of myself too. The only thing I'll say is that he should have punished your jumpins a lot more than he was. I saw a lot of plain ol' airdashing after coins or whatnot which he should be anti-airing on reaction.

LOL!!! I know a lot of people would say that, but the only reason he didn't try to anti-air me is because he kept getting DBed on his 2S, and the whole other list of ungodly anti-airs that he owns so he became hesitant after a while about anti-airing me.