Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

Airdashers Anonymous (Dec 19th&20th) - FFA, Granada Hills CA

Airdashers Anonymous:

A fighting game tournament designed to help cure your addiction. You can only recieve help once you admit that you have a problem.

Hi, my name is Id_asz, and I play airdasher fighting games.

Seriously, though, this is going to be a big tournament. It will be held at FFA (Family Fun Arcade) where we've been doing bi-weeklies for BB, GG and MB for quite some time. The date Dec 19&20th is on a weekend right after Finals (for most colleges) and during Winter Break, so it's the perfect time for us to hold a huge tournament!

Here's the setting:

We'll have 8 fighting games, and 3 Teams over the course of 2 days.

Family Fun Arcade

10363 Balboa Blvd.

Granada Hills, CA

(818) 360-0419

December 19th & 20th (Sat & Sun)

Day 1:

BlazBlue 3v3 Teams ($3 per entrant, [so $9 per team])

Guilty Gear XX Λ Core 2v2 Teams ($1 per entrant)

Melty Blood Actress Again 2v2 Teams ($1 per entrant)

Eternal Fighter ZERO ($1 to enter)

Fate/Unlimited Codes ($1 to enter)

Twinkle Star Sprites ($1 to enter)

Day 2:

1 match between players; Double Elim bracket.

BlazBlue Singles ($5 to enter)

Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Singles ($3 to enter)

Melty Blood Actress Again Singles ($3 to enter)

Hokuto no Ken ($1 to enter)

Arcana Heart FULL! ($1 to enter)

The times for each game isn't decided yet, but they'll be figured out soon. I'll update this post when we do.

We'll also be holding exhibitions and casuals for each game for those of you who don't know how to play some of these and are interested. I'll personally be teaching players how to play TSS :eng101:. The most important thing to remember is to bring your own stick! The only games you can count on not having to use your stick will probably be GG and TSS, everything else will need your stick! Games will be on PS2, PS3 and PC so keep that in mind. I only have one stick to lend out, and I'll need it for myself when I play, so try not to count on other people.

Let me go over the rules and info:

BlazBlue: [Possibly Continuum Shift]

BB 3v3 Teams (Day 1): $3 per person

BB Singles (Day 2): $5 per person

Singles:

2/3 matches, Double Elim.

Character changing allowed on loss

There will be a second station on a PS3, that station will be set to arcade style (So no AH's or Bang Install music!)

Infinites are allowed, but not game-breaking glitches (I'm looking at you Rachel!)

Teams:

Pokemon Style (Winner stays, next opponent from that team comes up)

Double Blind selection available on request (and highly encouraged).

You must stick to one character through the whole Team tournament.

No same characters on the same team (So no Nu/Nu/Arakune).

Teams Time: ?:??

Singles Time: ?:??

Guilty Gear XX Λ Core:

GG 2v2 Teams (Day 1): $1 per person

GG Singles (Day 2): $3 per person

Singles:

2/3 Matches; Double Elim

Character changing allowed on loss.

This will take place on the arcade machine within the arcade.

The machine has PS2 ports for those of you who want to play using PS2 controllers (Setup is: □ = Punch; X = Kick; △ = Slash; O = HSlash; R1 = Dust)

Teams:

You must stick to one character through the whole Team tournament.

No same characters on the same team (So no Baiken/Baiken).

Melty Blood: Actress Again:

MB 2v2 Teams (Day 1): $1 per person

MB Singles (Day 2): $3 per person

Singles:

2/3 Matches; Double Elim

Character changing allowed on loss; however, you can change moon styles at any time.

This will be on a PS2

Original Mode, Console exclusive characters (Besides Archtype: Earth) are allowed.

Teams:

You must stick to one character through the whole Team tournament (But you can change moon styles).

No same characters on the same team (even moon styles) (So no C-Ciel/H-Ciel).

Hokuto no Ken [aka Fist of the North Star]:

HnK Singles (Day 2): $1 per person

2/3 Matches; Double Elim

This might take place on arcade, but don't count on it. It will most likely be on PS2.

Infinites are allowed, but game-breaking glitches are not.

Time: ?:??

Casuals and exhibitions will take place before and after the tournament.

Arcana Heart FULL:

AH Singles (Day 2): $1 per person

2/3 Matches; Double Elim

This will be on PS2.

This is AH1, not AH2. AH2's PS2 port is horribly laggy and woefully different from the arcade version.

Eternal Fighter ZERO:

EFZ Singles (Day 1): $1 per person

2/3 matches; Double Elim

This will be on PC

Version 4.0.2

Fate/Unlimited Codes:

F/UC Singles (Day 1): $1 per person

2/3 matches; Double Elim

This will be on PS2

Console exclusive characters are allowed.

Glitches/infinites are allowed, just not game-breaking glitches.

Time ?:??

Casuals and exhibitions will take place before and after the tournament. I think Soniti volunteered to show people how to play.

Twinkle Star Sprites:

TSS Singles (Day 1): $1 per person

2/3 Matches; Double Elim

This will be on the arcade machine, so now console exclusive character (Marin, I think her name is).

Boss characters are allowed (Dark Ran, Sprites, Mevious and Memory).

Time ?:??

Casuals and exhibitions will take place before and after the tournament. I'll be glad to show people how to play this.

-----------------------------------------------------

I have no idea how many people will enter X game. So as a general guide, here's how some things will be played out.

If there are 5 or less people, the tournament will be run Round Robin style.

Pot Split will be (not set in stone):

5 or less people: Winner take all

6-9 people: 75/25%

10-40 people: 70/20/10%

41+ people: 65/20/10/5%

I don't play all these game (I play most of them, though), so if I missed anything in the rules (probably in F/UC and HnK) please let me know so i can correct it.

--------------------------------

Sorry for the lack of response, been crazy busy.

Day 1 (Sat):

MB 2v2 @ 1PM

EFZ @ 1PM

GGXX 2v2 @ 3PM

F/UC @ 3PM

BB 3v3 @ 5PM

TSS @ 5PM

Day 2 (Sun):

MB @ 1PM

HnK @ 1PM

GGXX @ 3PM

AHf @ 3PM

BB @ 5PM

There will also be a separate TvC tournament on the same day (Sat) @ 5:30PM.

I'll see you guys there!

--------------------------------------

Mirrored on Meltybread and Shoryuken:

http://www.meltybread.com/forums/tournaments-and-events/airdasher's-anonymous-(dec-19-20th)-ffa-granada-hills-ca/

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=213682

Terms and Questions I've gotten throughout the posts in the thread: Game Breaking Glitches: Any glitch that severely breaks the game to the point that it is not playable. This means making a character invisible, making them fly off the stage completely, becoming invincible, crashing the game, etc. Regular glitches are allowed as long as they don't fall into the "game breaking" category. If you have a question about a certain glitch, ask it and I'll post it here as an example. Pokemon Style Teams: One person from each team fight each other. The loser gets off and the next teammate replaces him, the winner stays to fight the next team member. EX: Team A1 v Team B1 = B1 Wins Team A2 v Team B1 = B1 Wins Team A3 v Team B1 = A3 Wins Team A3 v Team B2 = B2 Wins Team B Wins Double Blind Selection: This means that neither player (or team) knows who the other player will pick, but it has been decided ahead of time. One player will tell a tournament organizer who they will play as, and the organizer will write it down. The other player will choose their character first, then the player who chose theirs ahead of time will choose their pre-selected character. This is to prevent someone from watching and waiting to see who their opponent picks so they can pick a character based on their opponent's character. In teams selections, this can be even more important. In our teams matches only the first players will be double blinded, when someone loses, that team can replace that player with whoever they want left in their team.

I don't play all these game (I play most of them, though), so if I missed anything in the rules (probably in F/UC and HnK) please let me know so i can correct it.

Actually no, the console-only characters in F/UC are (slightly) less broken than the arcade ones, and infinites aren't practical anyway. No special rules are needed AFAIK.

For BlazBlue, no Rachel freezing glitch if you play on the arcade cab. They took it out for console afaik.

General rule for any game is no game-breaking (freezing) glitches.

GET HYPE FOR AN AFFORDABLE MAJOR! This is gonna be huge

Actually no, the console-only characters in F/UC are (slightly) less broken than the arcade ones, and infinites aren't practical anyway. No special rules are needed AFAIK.

For BlazBlue, no Rachel freezing glitch if you play on the arcade cab. They took it out for console afaik.

General rule for any game is no game-breaking (freezing) glitches.

GET HYPE FOR AN AFFORDABLE MAJOR! This is gonna be huge

Thanks, updated original post.

I figure game-breaking glitches aren't allowed went without saying for most games, but I added it to F/UC and BB. Someone told me about a legal glitch in F/UC with Rider having to do with changing camera angles so that you can't tell what side to block from. That sort of thing is allowed. Something that makes someone invincible or crashes the game, etc. are not allowed and will be counted as a loss for the person who enabled it.

Sounds like we have a hell of a storm coming up. Maybe this time around we'll have more than 4 competitors for TSS. I'm looking forward to GG TEAMS more than possibly healthy. HYPE!!!

Hell ya, can't wait to go. I'll try to be there both days, if not I'll be there for the 20th for all the Singles. You can count me in for Singles Blazblue and Guilty Gear, maybe on Melty. If I do show on the 19th and there are other lone wolfs out there I will take a spot on any team that will have me. As for the rest, I've played Hnk, TSS, and Arcana Heart briefly but not Fate or Eternal Zero. But hey, when has being good at a game prevented me from playing, amiright? Quick Question for Clarification: $1 tournament brackets will be on quarter play if on an arcade still or will that be different for this big event?

Anyone wanna team up with me for BlazBlue Teams? I play a decent Carl. If not, I'll definitely be there for singles.

i need to step up my BlazBLue game, as for GG teams? oh damn am i excited for that, with Nol on my side, we bring out the merciless in each other.

I need a GG partner and a team for BB. A third person who is relatively good. Not trying to be a jerk but I want to do good and so far it is IkeTakeda and Me. Both team tourneys I have come second with my team so I would like to hopefully take the next one.

Tinkler & Linker > Realy Till

Nonja Monja > Tinker & Linker > Really Till

But forserious, T&L are ranked #1 in the Twinkle Star Sprites tier listing.

Anyone wanna team up with me for BlazBlue Teams?

I play a decent Carl.

If not, I'll definitely be there for singles.

^^^ This guy lies. He's a fucking incredible Carl. You should be lucky to have him on your team!

Nonja Monja > Tinker & Linker > Really Till

But forserious, T&L are ranked #1 in the Twinkle Star Sprites tier listing.

If I had to make my own Cali Tier list for TSS, it would probably be:

S Tier: Tinker & Linker

A Tier: Mackey & Pentell, Nanja Monja, Mevious

B Tier: Sprites, Memory, Griffon, Really Till

C Tier: Arthur Schmitt, Load/Dark Ran, Kim

D Tier: Yan Yanyan

There are certain factors you have to think about for each character, for example, Memory is decently fast, and has a great Boss attack, but her charge shot is terrible. While Arthur Schmitt has a poor special, a pretty good Boss and the best speed in the game. I know a few good Mackey & Pentell players (Cid and Tom), they have one of the best specials in the game.

I started out maining Arthur, now I play Nonja Monja and secondary Mevious.

But, Hasuko (aka Kemi) would be able to come up with a better tier list. If there's one person I think I'll lose to in TSS more than anyone else, it's her. She might show up, she missed the last TSS tournament because of a wedding she had to go to, but I'll be messaging her and Arlieth (aka Tom) to see if they could enter. That's when you'll see really high level play, stuff I haven't seen on youtube yet.

I'll have to look into some of that stuff. I'm still playing the game like any other shooter with "don't get hit" and "kill everything" being my major objectives."

You play Really Till, right? She's a decent character, she's pretty much the most exactly average character you can get (which isn't a bad thing). Your first goal should be learning combos. When the mobs come down and you shoot specific ones all the others will explode and cause a chain reaction. The bigger the chain reaction, the more normals you send to your opponent's side. If you kill enemies with a charge shot (Really Till has a pretty good charge) then whatever you killed with the charge won't cause a chain reaction. With Really Till, however, if the mob to cause the chain is in the front, you can still charge shot attack it. What I do is count all my shots. Look at the mobs color and size and don't shoot it any extra times (or you'll end up shooting what's behind it and not get a perfect on your combo) Red = 1 Yellow = 2 Green = 3 Blue = 4 Purple = 5 Remember, the goal in the game isn't to "kill everything on your screen", it's to "kill the opponent next to you". Sometimes a decent tactic is just to dodge better than your opponent can. Intermediate tactics are where you spam your opponent's side with everything you can. More expert tactics are pacing (Stuff you won't find on youtube), which I don't feel like teaching, it can get annoying and technical. If you want to get better, get the game for MAME or practice more at FFA. Like any fighting game, the only way to get better at TSS is to practice. EDIT - Right now ranked in California the best players are: 1. Hasuko [T&L] 2. Arlieth [M&P] 3. Id [NM] That was decided in a couple West Toast tournaments all too long ago. I think Tom (Arlieth) retired from TSS, if so then I'll be #2. We got to the final round of the final match every tournament we've been in together, lol. Hopefully AA will show some new faces who should be up to par with myself and Hasuko. I love it when I have some great competition I have to worry about (I'm talking about you Sid, if you're reading this)!

I'll have to look into some of that stuff. I'm still playing the game like any other shooter with "don't get hit" and "kill everything" being my major objectives.

Thats usually my strategy in most games :sweatdrop:

Zong you should team with Ike and I and if Ike does not go we will find someone else.

I'm down. So I take it it's 3v3. Sounds good.