Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

Airdashers Anonymous (Dec 19th&20th) - FFA, Granada Hills CA

BlazBlue Continuum Shift will be coming out in November. I'm guessing late November. This could mean that we'll be running CS for the tournament. I doubt we'll get it exactly when it comes out. There's no mention of a simultaneous release in the states, which means we'll have to get it shipped overseas. In any case, be aware that BB might be Continuum Shift for this tournament.

That could possibly the most amazing and yet at the same time devastating news for attendees to AA. I know that I will try to be at FFA as much as possible in that months time (from the 11/20 release til the tourney on 12/19-20) if for nothing else than to see if I'll be switching mains and allowing my pent up hype release. Ewww... who spurted out this sticky hype puddle? Nasty... As for the tourney, I know that since I suck too much to care how well I do, I will gain infinite amusement at those using their mains like a newborn giraffe, all wobbling around awkwardly on new legs and confused from the 6 foot drop into life... head first.

....A bunch of question marks.

Learn Moon-speak =P.

If your browser doesn't show Japanese symbols you can still see the numbers. For example you might see:

2009年11月末日

[is November in 2009]

TypeX2専用ROM:268,000(税別) 

[is that it will be sold on a Taito Type X2 ROM and sold for 268,000 yen (About $3,000)]

EDIT: I'm hearing that the JP release date for arcade is 11/20, but I haven't gotten confirmation. Idk how long it would take for us to get it (or any other arcade in the US), but it would be hilarious to run a CS tournament when we've only had the game for like 5 days. I'll wing it and fill you guys in when it gets closer to the release date.

Also, chances are that the third character won't be revealed (like Nu and Haku-men) and you'll need a secret code to unlock him/her. If that's the case, that character probably won't be in the tournament. I think it took about a month before they gave the code for Haku-men.

If that happens we can just run BB:CS from the arcade cab and BB:CT from ps3 only~ Barring horrible things happening with BB:CS, this should probably be the last major to have BB:CT though.

Well, it's possible we'll get CS with enough of time to practice and instead of this being the last major for CT, it could be the first major for CS. We shall see, things are looking good behind the curtain, but I'm not going to guarantee anything.

Might make it for the 20th. :3 If I'm not dead tired after getting back from Japan, that is... @_@ Also, LOL @ this being a "major".

...Also, LOL @ this being a "major".

I agree.

Actually, I don't think you understand what a "major" or "minor" is in gaming terms.

Major: Something the size of Evo or NEC. Multiple games with huge turnouts. Evo has set the bar for SFIV majors since it had over 1000 entrants. Also, prize pots, if your prize pot is exceeding over $1000 per game then you could consider it a major. Majors also usually are very fancy and are something that everyone wants to fly out to from out of state or out of country.

Minor: Something along the lines of a regional. Turn out per games still exceeds at least double the turn out for a small biweekly tourney and people still come from out of state for it. Prize pots are still pretty high, at least over $300 per game.

The tourneys that have been thrown at FFA, Denjin, AI, etc are not along the lines of these, Denjin and AI refer to them as ranking battles but in the end you are rewarded for getting top 3 in the ranks with some sort of prize. You could call the FFA ones casual tourneys (?) since it's just something that happens every other weekend.

-Tha Hindu

Fat at Pulsr shall be the next tourney name for you Spirit Juice haha. Severin I hope your not jealous but I helped stock Paul Mitchell merchandise for one day at the factory, Booyah!!

Warming up for Hokuto, Arcana, BB and GGXXAC. Be there Sunday. Rather busy Satruday, plus I ain't got a teammate.

Sorry for the lack of response, been crazy busy. Day 1 (Sat): MB 2v2 @ 1PM EFZ @ 1PM GGXX 2v2 @ 3PM F/UC @ 3PM BB 3v3 @ 5PM TSS @ 5PM Day 2 (Sun): MB @ 1PM HnK @ 1PM GGXX @ 3PM AHf @ 3PM BB @ 5PM There will also be a separate TvC tournament on the same day (Sat) @ 5:30PM. I'll see you guys there!