Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cyath

No one online?

Just picked up the game on Steam on a lark (used to play GGXX heavily) and...there is no one online. Heard that the PS4 version and the PC version are two separate beasts, which might account for it. Either that or everyone is playing SFV. 

Will most probably return the game if there is really no online community. I mean, the point is to play ranked matches right? Don't really care about the story, so...

Do you think that it will pick up if and when Revelator comes to PC?

Also, mildly unrelated note - can't get the game to run on my other monitor (TV screen) at full resolution. Anyone know of a fix? 

Just picked up the game on Steam on a lark (used to play GGXX heavily) and...there is no one online. Heard that the PS4 version and the PC version are two separate beasts, which might account for it. Either that or everyone is playing SFV. 

Will most probably return the game if there is really no online community. I mean, the point is to play ranked matches right? Don't really care about the story, so...

Do you think that it will pick up if and when Revelator comes to PC?

Also, mildly unrelated note - can't get the game to run on my other monitor (TV screen) at full resolution. Anyone know of a fix? 

Hey man, before when there was only ggx -sign- on ps4 , all the community played on PS online.

Me included.

After the PC steam version got out, half of the community went over to PC and the game was booming allot of people added eachother.

When Revelator came out for ps4 almost all the community on steam died of, but there is still people playing it, me included, but I can see on my flist when people are online, so if you wanna play you need to add ppl. 😁

Hope this have some clarity

Sent fra min HTC One M9 via Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Cyath said:

I mean, the point is to play ranked matches right?

The answer to that is actually no. The ranked died really quickly after the release because the connection filters didn't work very well (connecting you to anyone across the globe, though at least you could see the real 0-4 bar status before accepting the match) and playing matches in a Player Match rooms (usually named after the location so players of the right region can find it more easily) is about hundred times faster and the lining/spectator system works really well, too. So if you're looking for players, check the Player Match several times around the evening (and remember that full rooms don't show up on the list). For even more consistent match partners, try joining a fighting game / GG / Xrd Discord of your region to find opponents in real time.

And just like sparkanius said, loads of people (including high level players) actually moved from PS to Steam on release because the input lag was so much smaller. According to some, playing PC online with 2-3 frame delay was like playing PS offline so no one wanted to go back to PS -Sign- netplay after experiencing it. IIRC Revelator has improved either the netcode or input lag so PS online isn't that bad anymore, but still the major reason people moved to it is all the new content, six new playable characters (with balance patches) and system mechanic changes being the most obvious attraction.

I can usually find at least one room in my general area at varying times of the day, but it's definitely far less active than it was at release.

You might also have to enable UPnP in your router settings (if you haven't already) to see or even join some rooms.

Well it's not much better on PS4. I continually see no one online anywhere near Cali. This means I gotta connect to New York and fight frame drops and lag all day. Sad Times.