Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kokurokoki

CPU Sparing: What to look for?

I'm a noob to BlazBlue, but I've picked up Hakumen and have been able to get combos consistency on a training dummy.  I've also managed to start picking up on spacing a little bit but I'm still trash in that area.

I've heard that training against a CPU is a great way to get better at the game.

So my question is, what should I be focusing on when training against a CPU?  From my limited research, spacing and hit-confirming are two of the main things to look out for.  But what else?

Spacing and hitconfirms are about all you can get from the CPU - that and more combo practice.  In theory you might also be able to learn some punishes, but a lot of the time the CPU does dumb things like mash after unsafe moves, so as often as not this doesn't give good information.

Oh, you can probably work on your anti-airing a bit too, and maybe even a little throw teching.

So just learn spacing and hit-confirm and combos, then get my ass beat in multiplayer until I learn the matchups through experience?

Okay, that's not so bad.  At least I won't feel as bad about getting my butt kicked online for the first hundred matches or so.  xD

Yeah; The CPU can't really teach you matchups beyond like, the properties of moves, because they usually won't do things remotely the same way that a human does.  Relying too much on the CPU for "how does this matchup work?" is going to result in a very skewed perception of how each character plays.

cpu sparring is useless imo. no human ever reacts the same way cpu does

you are better off just setting training mode dummy to record mode, and practice the same sequences. or just practice combos while dummy is standing/crouching/jumping. they are ok to get used to the game while playing arcade mode.

Can practice blocking overheads as CPU will often attemp either an overhead or throw when in range. This is for lv 100 though. Lesser level CPU may be too dumb to be of any real use