Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HGhaleon

Arcana Heart 4 - Confirmed in the Works

Well shit, another Arcana Heart incoming, who else might join the roster of 24 from Six Stars, lol.

Though I wished Daemon Bride had a sequel too, lol. Or even a console port for that matter. And I doubt there would be anything for another collaboration.

I had a feeling that's what the HD Heart Aino was leading to. AH is so underappreciated. Most people I know who have actually played it say good things about it.

I hope this one has better music though.

I'm more hoping for better music and better background designs. The update to Nitro+ Blasterz on Steam was a good start in the background area. <_<

Examu has been tweeting out questions on their and the director's twitter, and the latest one even has English. If you ever wanted your voice heard here's you're chance. Considering the low number of english speakers who will realistically reply to these you might have an actual influence on what they think of foreign players.

If the game sucks it might be your fault! How exciting!

https://twitter.com/takaya_coucho/status/816517013958889472

thanx for link. I hope they don't lose the homing mechanic. that would make the game a lot slower and more boring. the general idea is not that hard to learn(dash towards enemy). It's just all the little stuff that adds depth that can take awhile.

if they want to make it easier, I think some critical hearts are a little rediculous to do. timing of fiona's, akane's extreme button mashing, Saki's memorization, etc.

Isn't Homing Cancel one of (if not THE) things that make AH unique? Can't imagine a world where I have to Street Fighter my way in with Fiona.

Heck, aside from maybe what epikku said about Critical Hearts, I can't really think of anything to change. Sure, I'd like to be able to hit Sacred Punish/Slayer a bit more, but I don't want to lose the insane damage you get when you DO hit that sweet spot. Akane and Saki, sure.

When it comes down to it, when I try to get people to play AH for the first time, I like being able to say, "it's a lot more balanced/fair than other fighting games. Every character is viable...(aside from Night of Fire Elsa)" and it's still fun to play. That's probably the thing I wouldn't want to lose.

fiona with no homing=hell.

tbh asking arcana fans if they want to lose the homing feature is like asking sf fans if they want their game to play like an air dasher, and change their aesthetics. while I may actually play it if it did, current fans would probably get mad. Now if you take any game, ie blazblue, and say it's hard for beginners to use rapid cancels in combos, what should we do? abolish it. that would turn away almost every current fan if not all.

ah3lm would of been a lot more newbie friendly if it had a tutorial mode, a lot of players just tried it but have no idea what the mechanics are, and it takes forever to figure out or a lot of online reading. I've seen too many players use sf tactics online, and not even touch the homing button, and quit after 1 game to be never seen again.

Maybe they can do something like make fiona's critical do some damage if it misses, but do max damage if it hits the exact timing, instead of all or nothing. that way the critical heart can be still useful without the god timing. Akane's is completely useless, without mad button mashing skills.

Examu is looking to port Six Stars to PC from being an arcade exclusive!

Examu PR's Twitter:
https://twitter.com/examu_PR/status/842960115925897217

Team Arcana's Official Web Site announcement:
https://teamarcana.com/n/n89e04e20fe84

The crowdfunder's web page:
http://prefundia.com/projects/view/arcanaheart3_lmsss/12340/

If the crowdfunder does well, Examu may even add extra characters and content. From the

crowdfunder page:

"About The Localization and Porting
There have been English versions of the Arcana Heart series before, but even after its release

2 years ago, the latest one, “SSS” [Six Stars], is still only available in Japanese arcades.

Just as we were starting to worry that this version would not be seeing a consumer retail

version, we started receiving a lot of support from abroad on Twitter and so started looking

into the possibility of a retail version.

Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX SIX STARS!!!!!! will be ported to PC, and will be accessible to all

the fans in global gaming community.

Message to Our Fans
Please give us the opportunity to bring the latest Arcana Heart 3 into PC.

If we can get enough funding together, we are also prepared to consider the development of new

characters and bringing together stories from the earlier titles to make a collected edition

follow up." [emphasis mine]

Looks like the AH3LM Discord already knows.

As much as this is awesome and all, this should have been a Rev 2 situation instead (Paid/Free Upgrade/Update). I've already mentioned my peace over at the steam forums for something like that, all it is, is just the same game with only 1 new character/arcana, and possibly supposed balance changes. Nothing much's changed other than the title screen and the character select.

But if this version's going to have more additions on the way, then I guess it may be worthwhile.

I'm totally with you on that; that is the optimal way for a plus version. But until companies understand that as a consumer-friendly way to do things, we're either gonna have to put up with what we're getting or just let it all go. I'm willing to give Examu the benefit of the doubt this time and say that they probably have their reasons for going this route. For their sake, and the fans, I just hope the crowdfunding campaign is a success. If the Rev 2 thing goes well for ASW, and I don't see why not, I hope Examu will take heed and consider designing their future games to be extensible/modular for faster, easier, lower-cost updates. It's good business sense to spend a little more upfront to give your product some degree of future-proofing, particularly in a genre like this where later updates are almost guaranteed.

I'm planning to support them on this. I'd feel a little guilty relying on a cracked arcade port to play the latest version otherwise. I'm really curious to see what stretch goals and backer levels they propose. Worst case scenario is the campaign doesn't raise the required funds and the idea gets cancelled. If that happens, I'm not out any money in the end; I'm just left disappointed. A lot to gain and not much to lose from my POV. I would get over that small loss and hope they do better with Arcana Heart 4. In fact, I still hope they do better with 4 for the reason I mentioned in the first paragraph.

Maybe they'll consider tacking on Daemon Bride as a backer level/stretch goal? /wishful thinking

Update: Finally. Word is getting out on Anime News Network, Gematsu, and Siliconera.

Prefundia.com was down for a while. I wonder if it was a DDOS attack?

I just tried them again and was able to access the site and the SS page. You should be able to sign up now.

4 hours ago, epikku attaku said:

not sure how crowdfunding works. i thought there would be a donate button. but dont see that. it could be that prefundia is faulty

There's no way to donate to it, it's just like, sign this if you'd be willing to pay for it. If they get enough signatures, they'll do a crowdfunding campaign.

I wish they go back to the original design. The characters looked better in the first game.