Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LawShadow

Potemkin's 6k loop feedback

Hello all,

This is not necessary about how to do the 6k loop....

Coming from a pad player pretty much all my fighting life and recently made the switch to fightstick (Hori Fightstick mini 4) will soon upgrade to Madcatz TE2.

Anyway sometimes i have issues in particular pressing 6k after HFB unless i really pay attention and force the stick to 6k this of cource takes valuable time...Its like the stick does not register my forward + k even though i press it albeit in a fast tap fashion.

Compared to my gamepad i dont have that issue as often. So maybe the stick on the Hori Fightstick Mini 4 has a large "throw" could this be the issue? I tend not to jack the stick with force to forward + k i would like a gentle fast tap forward.

Is this what some people complain about the "throw" in sticks some have it more then others hence i did some research and the Seimitsu LS-40-01 seems like a good choice for its short throw.

What is your take? Or am i doing it wrong and just keep practicing?

What joysticks (JLF, Hayabusa, Seimitsu) do you guys like when playing Potemkin and why?

Im sorry if this thread is kind of a hybrid ie potemkin 6k and joystick choice hope you don't mind.

Thanks in advance

Wow no one replied....

Anyway after a sickening 1.5 month of practice with frustration cursing...I tried to follow the guidelines but no real progress it's like doing the same stuff over and over again and expecting progress isn't the way. I tried to be faster and faster at times I would do two 6k's in a combo (2D, RC, 6k, HFB) once per hour....this is comming from someone who made the switch from pad to stick. On a pad I could do four to five 6k's in a combo pretty consistent. But I kept stubborn using the stick. Now as of yesterday finally I have success as to where to look at and how to do it which works for me however the tricky part is 6k after HFB.

Anyway this might help others who practising Potemkin's 6k loop:

Once you do 6k, HFB as fast as possible your window of breaking is seen visually by his stretched arm like a "wing" when he does his 6k the window for maintaining this stretched arm is SHORT a couple of frames leniency this is your cue to HFB once his stretched arm lowers by such it's no longer stretched your window is gone and thus you can't combo into 6k. Sure 6k comes out but you get "break grey combo" I realised this after observing 6k loop videos indepth time and time again. Try to break as fast as possible when you see his stretched arm. This helped me tremendously and I now can do it so much more often it's like day and night difference before this insight I had. Before I had no cues no clues to work with except sheer speed which failed me so many times. Now I have visual clues which I can work with to finally improve with progression instead of decline. I hope my findings may be of help for future players attempting the 6k loop. 

8 hours ago, ZoKHiZ said:

sorry, this place is not that active anymore it seems,  seems like most ppl moved on to discord servers.    If you need more help with anything, you might wanna get in there too https://discord.gg/010msuSsL8UqaWYQV

Hello, yeah been noticing that no replies at all....

Update:

Simply put total FAILURE!!

Now im degrading more and more i cant even connect the first 6k which is presumably the easiest....2 months now of serious practicing (on average 3 hours or more a day) i mean i should be harvesting some decent progress but it isnt..even visual looking at his arm wont do me any good at all. This combo is ridiculous how come the slowest piece of character needs to have the godlike lightning speed reactions of all characters in GG xrd?? Beats me....wow. The game is pretty much ruined for me sure i can play Potemkin with regular combos but knowing this 6k loop is there nagging you all the time in your mind telling all GOOD potemkin players should atleast do 2 or 3 x 6k in a loop. Basically getting the feeling your just a decent potemkin. Decent is not what i aim for. My boxer on SSF4 was top tier mastered all his 1 frame combo ie EX upper loop combo. I also mastered Raoh up to a degree in Hokuto no Ken easily did 65 to 100 hit combo manualy also with lots of 1 framers...this fat @ss is giving me nothing but headache...

Il have a look at your link as a last resort and ask questions there hopefully i get some very much needed help.