Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hakkai_Requiem

Adding discord info into dustloop

Discord is a solid source of information but it isn't organized. There are tons of documents hanging there that would just be better suited for an organized wiki. Namely: Dustlopp Wiki
I'd like to do it myself, but lack of IRL time and overrall inexperience with the game(s) advise against me attempting to compile that info on my own. I really think that should be a group effort. It's not necessary to compile everything into the wiki. Maybe we could just link all those documents in the wiki itself. Not pretty, but that would be better than nothing.
Even if many of us are on discord, not everybody is.
Also, newcomers are not likely to look for discord: they are probably just going to look for "Blazblue Wiki" or "Guilty Gear Wiki" (or watever) on google and hop into Dustloop. They NEED the information to be more easily available.

For starters I'll link a couple good guides on Kokonoe discord. They are quite high quality and somehow organized
Everybody hanging on other character discords could put that information here too, so that more competent people can just compile it into the wiki without having to scout everywhere for information.

Skyline's Kokonoe resource sheet

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PXV231PWj8T_rTYjp_-6thnjblMk1Lf5lnnvNeshXUM/edit

Kokonoe Neutral tips and tricks
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s624/sh/f0d7825b-3650-468e-9e44-6c341c5601d9/bc29567a5e596bffb63ca67fa28f14ba

I definitely agree, i've been putting as much information from the Ky discord as I can on the wiki page so that the information is all organized. I'm not as experienced with other characters so I don't feel as comfortable compiling their information onto the wiki, but I think it'll really help players of all skill levels and encourage the growth of the community if there's accurate and readily available information for each character on the wiki.

On 2/1/2017 at 10:24 AM, StrawberryGL said:

I definitely agree, i've been putting as much information from the Ky discord as I can on the wiki page so that the information is all organized. I'm not as experienced with other characters so I don't feel as comfortable compiling their information onto the wiki, but I think it'll really help players of all skill levels and encourage the growth of the community if there's accurate and readily available information for each character on the wiki.

I second this. There is a lot of stuff that gets lost in the archives of Twitter and Discord, specially stuff with Sol that players don't know exist and miss out on good setups and highly optimized punishes.