Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LeDelmo

Guilty Gear Rev 2 Thoughts?

So, this got announced and I am super hyped about them adding Baiken. But, I am still confused about this whole thing...

So what the heck is this going to actually be? Is this a new game or just a Update?

I hear its getting a physical release and is also being released as a Paid DLC "Like a Expansion".

So, If I have the original Revelator and buy this DLC thing does it unlock EVERYTHING the Rev 2 would come with like the all original DLC chars?

I am hopeful yet still a little annoyed. That I JUST re-bought Dizzy... I say re-bought because I did get her while she was free. But It somehow did not register as a purchase. It was on my console but not under my purchases. So Sony deleted the char off my system. "I even have a Screen shot of her on my system" But I still had to re-buy her again.

And now that this new DLC is coming out that money would have been better spent on this DLC if it indeed does come with the original DLC chars. If it doesn't but the physical copy does get them. I would again feel a little cheated by the fact the Physical copy is getting more stuff than the original...

Can anyone clear things up for me?

I believe the physical release is for people that didnt get Rev. If you did you just buy the expansion.

As for whether it comes with the old characters, I personally have not seen any info regarding that.

The dizzy situation, did you try signing into the website on a computer? The webstore occasionally shows things the console does not. I tried re-downloading a game recently after I accidentally deleted it and it wouldnt show up on my console, but I found it in my history on the website

Well thats kinda worrisome. Why would anyone want to but this Expansion when they could simply buy the disc and get everything on that?

So for me to get everything on this new disc I will have to but not only the expansion but also Kum aswell to have everything? And whats worse is that it might end up actully have been cheaper to buy the disc instead if I had not bought Dizzy again.

Also Yes I tried the computer method to restore her. I ended up having to contact Sony about it. Where they themselves said they did not see her as a purchase I made. I even showed them that Dizzy WAS on my system. A week later she was gone from my console.

Lets do the math here. So, normal game $60 + 2 DLC chars $14 + $18 DLC char colors + $3.50 Avatar heads + expansion "possibly" $20 = $115.50 total

And this new game will ether be $40-60 new with everything included.

Did I get that all right?

3 hours ago, Aegis High said:

So this new update is going to divide the Revelator community?

No, it's just an update, every console and pc is getting it for a mere $20 Upgrade, this is not splitting people up.

6 hours ago, EXWildWolf said:

No, it's just an update, every console and pc is getting it for a mere $20 Upgrade, this is not splitting people up.

Is it confirmed that the DLC is going to cost $20? And it is splitting people up, even if it's just $20, it’s a paywall and the game is not even one year old.

Is it confirmed that the DLC is going to cost $20? And it is splitting people up, even if it's just $20, it’s a pall wall and the game is not even one year old.

It's not splitting people up, just a mere $20 didn't stop people moving from SSFIV to AE.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Rev 2 costs $20 as an expansion / new game. It comes with a new story and brings arcade story cinematic to characters that released with out them. PS4 will have both Digital and Physical releases all other platforms are digital only. The Physical copy will also cost $20 (more than likely). Since it's an expansion / new game it will come with 2 new characters and all the characters already released. If you have Rev you don't have to worry about it. I'd say there's a very small chance they'd have some one pay for characters that were on Rev if you didn't have it before. As for release dates Spring is for Arcade and console release will be a little later. 

As for the cost of the game, if you don't have $20 to buy a game, you have bigger problems in life. 

The thing to realize here is that, based on how the Blazblue product line has gone, we would have had a $40-60 update disk by Spring/Summer 2017 anyway.  The mere fact that we are being offered even the opportunity to digitally upgrade our current product in addition is actually much more customer-friendly than what ASW has done in the past.  Having been a devout (if casual in skill level) fan of Blazblue since the start, I can tell you that this disc-a-year thing got real expensive real fast.

ASW's new solution might not be "good" precisely, but it may be the best they can do, considering that they need to have their artists/programmers/game designers/etc still be working on stuff, so they can, you know, get paid.  What I hope for is that this new paid expansion model works well enough that they quit selling stuff on a microtransaction basis, and instead roll all additional content into the paid expansion packs.  It's more money upfront, but it's also way more cost effective than microtransactions.

My only gripe is that us Console and Steam gamers don't get to give as much Location Test feedback as Japanese Arcade-goers do.  We usually get lumped with whatever they decide is "good" and I hardly think that's fair.

That's why those of us who CAN visit the Loketest should voice their thoughts on the changes while they have the opportunity.

Alright, alright, so not to handle straight confusion...

Rev 2 is a DLC update for all systems so far. (PS3/PS4/Steam) and physical only for PS4 (for Asia/JP regions so far, nothing yet about US/EU), and yes, reports based on JP game news sites, like Famitsu, for example, has mentioned about 2000Y, so around $20 US, if we're converting it more/less.

The DLC for Rev 2 will not unlock Haehyun/Dizzy, for the DLC pack. More than likely, the physical release will probably include everyone so far, and all additional content, but nothing's yet confirmed, its an estimated guess. Although, I don't think the physical copy will also cost $20 US, it probably be a little more, but I guess we'll also wait and see on that. I mean, yeah, the PS4 version for Rev 1 on Amazon is $20 new, but dunno if its going to last (unless its a permanent price drop), since the PS3 version has yet to drop anywhere below its MSRP, barring used copies and auction sites since people will obviously price them lower.

Other than that, If my hunch is correct, since Revelator's DLC on the PS3/PS4 is cross-buy, I hope to assume you'll get it on both systems, while the steam version is its own separate thing. But I guess we'll wait and see.

Also, from what I know, its not going to split the community/player base/etc. More than likely, it might have a version select, similar to BBCS or GGAC+R, or patch it to play online with users of Rev 1 and 2. But we'll know more of this info soon enough.

Anyone know if you have the original physical Revelator. And you decide to buy the physical release of Rev 2 will they share trophies or not?

If Rev 2's physical release gets all the DLC it sounds like the better deal considering the "Expansion will simply take up a ton of your HDD while simultaneously not offering you everything. I really feel bad for those who bought all the DLC. I myself only bought Dizzy and am still feeling a little screwed. I just got this game 2 months ago.

if this is how the expansion is going to be than I dont see why they dont offer it for $10. I mean we all DID already 'technically" buy the game already.

So why are we paying another $20? O right because Rev didnt sell well so they need to release another one asap...

I too was a BlazBlue fan and I am soo glad they finally ended the series. I for one ONLY bought the original copies. And never bought the extend versions. Which always left me feeling ripped off for supporting something from day 1. I was always asked why not just wait a year to get everything at once. 

I guess thats just not something I am used to doing.

Another question though, are Baiken and Answer going to be considered DLC chars for rev 2? And what about the usual game locked char?

If they are already in the game would that mean they are planning to release an additional 2 DLC chars?