Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[XrdR2] Baiken Gameplay Discussion

This is the Baiken Gameplay discussion thread where all things concerning gameplay can be discussed (including stuff from videos you see in the video thread!). Be sure to be respectful of one another and to follow the site rules.

Thought I'd go ahead and get this started. We learned a lot about Xrd Baiken in the loctest last weekend. I'm going to start pulling stuff from her discord to here so people can more easily find it and I'll start setting up her Dustloop wiki page this weekend,

For now though, these impressions from Kuni and Kedako on Xrd Baiken translated by Greatfernman should give you guys most of the info

Kuni's impressions - https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/70528b26-da66-4f20-ae5b-11f88bc1ee45/413b5112e8b6c22033ac8d76646ecd42
Kedako's Impressions - https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/ed43a2be-c21b-43c9-8d8a-572d07d108d4/ac10e44c69ff5f6a2d7fd113356fb9f7

So from what it sounds like, Azami is basically a counter that can be done in blockstun? It seems like it should be more difficult, but relatively just as effective as her old guard cancels.

Anti-air Kabari sounds fun.

Really glad that Suzuran works how it did in +R.

The new Tsurane Sanzu Watashi looks badass.

I'll certainly be walking forward to build meter as much as I can. 

Overall she seems like she should be pretty fun. Does anyone have any footage of guard cancel Azami?

Hello there. This is my first post on the boards and I was trying to get better @ GG and Baiken in particular. My question though is how do you do the air dash after j.d? Is a timing thing or are my inputs wrong? (Just double tapping 6 after). For reference i'm on advanced trial 7. I know the dust loops are important to her combos and just want to be consistent with them. I've done it a couple of times, usually late, but I wanted input from more experienced players. Thanks in advance.

It's just your timing. There's almost a full second between the j.D input and the 66 input (40f, plus hitstop). If the dash doesn't come out, then you did it too early. If the dash comes out but they recover too quickly, you did it too late.