Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baf0

Answer Discord

Why? Why do they just keep refusing to add some of the more classic characters? They even wasted a god damned vote for a character that SHOULD have been in the game anyways. I'm tired of these crappy, straighforward characters showing up. I'm really not impressed. Wow, he teleports to his cards and creates pressure. It's always flash and little substance. Most of these new characters really haven't stood out. I mean, they even went as far as only adding BAIKEN out of all the characters, before even announcing Robo Ky. Not only that, but I pretty much don't even want Robo Ky now. Or Zappa. Or Order Sol. Or A.B.A Or Anji Mito. Hum, Jack'O, and Bedman. Even then, Jack'o almost doesn't even make it for me as "technical" and I've lacked any interest in most of the other characters. Yay, Dizzy's back. But how long did that take and why did it require a god damned vote? Explain that to me. It was most likely that they would have added her anyways, but they just wanted to take advantage and make you feel like you were in power because you were gonna most likely vote Dizzy anyways.

20 hours ago, OGDizz said:

I mean, they even went as far as only adding BAIKEN out of all the characters, before even announcing Robo Ky.

Yeah, how dare they add a character that was in every game before Sign first!

On 01/02/2017 at 6:16 PM, OGDizz said:

Why? Why do they just keep refusing to add some of the more classic characters? They even wasted a god damned vote for a character that SHOULD have been in the game anyways. I'm tired of these crappy, straighforward characters showing up. I'm really not impressed. Wow, he teleports to his cards and creates pressure. It's always flash and little substance. Most of these new characters really haven't stood out. I mean, they even went as far as only adding BAIKEN out of all the characters, before even announcing Robo Ky. Not only that, but I pretty much don't even want Robo Ky now. Or Zappa. Or Order Sol. Or A.B.A Or Anji Mito. Hum, Jack'O, and Bedman. Even then, Jack'o almost doesn't even make it for me as "technical" and I've lacked any interest in most of the other characters. Yay, Dizzy's back. But how long did that take and why did it require a god damned vote? Explain that to me. It was most likely that they would have added her anyways, but they just wanted to take advantage and make you feel like you were in power because you were gonna most likely vote Dizzy anyways.

Oh, cry me a river. You're acting like an entitled little prince.

I've been waiting for Order Sol but I haven't been dumping on everything and anything that isn't him. I'm playing Sin and Raven... And it's entirely fine until I get HOS. 

Thank god ArcSys doesn't only listen to its fans indiscriminately, because people like you would ruin the GG experience. 

"Oh, boohoohoo. I want all the original cast that I didn't even play to be added back into the game."

"Boohoohoo, I don't like the new characters' designs, therefore they're trash."

Look, unless we talking Bridget here, whom no one actually plays, I'm open to creative additions. I'm hype for Answer, I want myself a mobile mixup character that isn't as frail as Chipp or as setup-based as Millia. 

In terms of returning veterans, Revelator has Johnny, Jam and Dizzy. That's 3, which is *plenty* considering it's basically equal to 50% of new additions. 

The formula goes like this: 2 brand new characters, 1 from Overture, 3 Vets. I don't see how that is unfair by any means. 

So yeah, stop crying. The voting had nothing to do with players outside Japan, so what do you care for? It generates hype, reinvigorates the series at the arcades. It's *positive*. 

The original cast I didn't even play? First of all lol. They flaunted Robo-ky in my face AND Zappa. Guess who I use to play :B (Yes. I use to play the previous installments too)

And yeah. I use to play the Yo Yo trap too. "Wow, I'm getting oversimplified characters and hapy with my life". I don't care about Johnny. Don't care about Jam. Cared about Dizzy, but what did THAT take? So lick my ass. OH and PS. Even the Japanese players think Raven is an insult to their intelligence. But who do they bring back? Baiken. Have you noticed they've been skipping all the sophisticated characters? Since when was Baiken ever hard? Jam? Johnny I could possibly admit to. Even then, he didn't have to risk getting hit because of overuse through his steam gauge and set up mats to help increase his potential damage.

Characters I used: Faust at first (cause of original cast), Anji Mito, Dizzy (THE ONLY ONE THAT EVER came back. Even then, I'm insulted that it took votes to make it happen), Order Sol, Robo Ky (I used him frequently enough), Zappa, Bridget. So, out of all the cast members I have listed you little arrogant fuck, which came back besides the ones that are easier to use? You're basically just saying "The majority rules so it good". That's pretty much what I'm hearing from you. "Majority rules. They want oversimplified characters? THEY GET!"

Just because the majority agrees that there should be more characters designed so they can "actually play the game" instead of learning it, doesn't make it positive. What a WASTE of a design some of these new characters are. And honestly? They are SOOOOOOOOOOOO simple and most often times, boring.

10 hours ago, Demented said:

Is there a combo thread anywhere for Answer?

Join the Discord and look through #Resources. Alternatively, check out the 1st post in the Gameplay discussion thread I just made.

On February 14, 2017 at 7:11 AM, OGDizz said:

'Since when was Baiken ever hard?'

ahh so TK youzansen frc IAD mixups and maximized dustloops are easy for you then? I guess Sharon was just some scrub taking advantage of an easy character in the old days lol

came to this forum hoping for some more answer videos or tech and all i find is this guy...