Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NeoStrayCat

[Xrd - Rev] PC English Voices (Xrd - Sign Cast)

I'd much as rather make this a separate topic than putting it on the main Xrd topic so it doesn't get lost. Anyways, since the PC/Steam port of Revelator has been out for quite a while, and since no one has taken a mention lately here on Dustloop about it yet. Now you can use the Xrd - Sign's English voice cast onto the game. Credit goes to the work/users of the mod and their dedication to get things working.

Full details HERE on how to do it.

The author of the guide also plans to do English VA's to the Rev cast by fan casting (battle voices only at the moment). Although, there's a couple things that need work onto.

-Ramlethal's Intro/Outro line changes from Sign to Revelator, obviously. 

-Certain lines of vocals not in English the right way (think Millia/Zato/Venom against each other, or El's Sign intro's not working as intended.)

-Otherwise, most of all English Vocals from the Sign cast work as intended, that's also including the system voices. And yes, this works also in all modes including online. (Funny though, they have a line for "Digital Figures" since this was before Revelator came out, so...a "Sign" of something perhaps.)

-Either way, I'm not sure this belongs in the Guilty Room or Zepp, but I'd rather go with the former instead. So yeah, those whaling on the Xrd dub now can rejoice, though its better than nothing if just the Sign cast.

Either way, you may eventually need a full Japanese script translation.  Especially with new characters getting added.

On 2/13/2017 at 2:54 AM, Blade said:

Either way, you may eventually need a full Japanese script translation.  Especially with new characters getting added.

Yeah, I'm in talks with one of them, so hopefully I can attest to some of those issues. And yeah, I suppose its best to wait until Rev 2 comes out, with Baiken/Answer being added and all.

Really cool. Sadly never got Revalator on PC, but hopefully if Rev2 comes out on PC sooner than later, and if the modders are able to make it a quick transition; I'll jump on this train too.

Well, I'm not sure yet how they'll do it, I mean, its a lot of dialogue just to do battle voices, that includes intro, victory quotes, and all other in-game voice samples for matching characters. But I suppose they'll find a way.