Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TravelerSan

Anyone been to an artist alley at a tournament?

Hi!  

So, I'm a painter and for the longest time, I've been told I have talent, but I've never felt good enough to...you know, actually sell stuff.  '-'

*ahem* Well, this year, I really started working harder on my art, and thought I'd try to sell at CEOtaku's artist alley, since I love a good Fighting game Tourney as much as art!

I just started putting together some stuff I'd want to sell, and doing the math on production costs, etc, but I'm a novice as far as all of this is concerned, and there's barely any external coverage on "fighting game artist alleys" that I can find... I've talked with a certain plushie maker online about her experience, but that was some time ago, and she's a vendor, so she only sees one side of things.

I'm just curious - has anyone here been to CEOtaku in the past, or events like it, with artists selling there? How was it? How many vendors were there, and how much did they have with them? Anything/one catch your eye while you were looking around?

I never got the chance to go there personally, and like I said, it'd be my first try at one of these, so I'd love to hear about your experience there, or elsewhere! 

Thanks for reading!