Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

franzen

Guilty Gear anti reset mechanics

Hello I am new to guilty gear though I have experience in other fighters like street fighter, marvel vs capcom, king of fighters, and skull girls. I am curious about the defensive options in guilty gear (rev or rev 2) against resets, specifically this one I made with I-no here.

Any and all help from more experienced players is greatly appreciated. Thank you

2 hours ago, franzen said:

Hello I am new to guilty gear though I have experience in other fighters like street fighter, marvel vs capcom, king of fighters, and skull girls. I am curious about the defensive options in guilty gear (rev or rev 2) against resets, specifically this one I made with I-no here.

Any and all help from more experienced players is greatly appreciated. Thank you

So against air resets like that, the way to defend against them is to vary your tech window. Air techs are fully invulnerable for a short period of time but can then be beaten out by well times attacks/air grabs (as you've shown). If the opponent doesn't tech out, then you can catch them into a Black Beat combo (they could have teched but didn't). The only true way to escape that would be to perfectly time your tech so that the throw's active window would connect during the early tech window.

Having said that, I think the properties of I-no's command throw have changed slightly for Rev 2 so this might not be accurate for much longer.

22 minutes ago, MLSTRM said:

So against air resets like that, the way to defend against them is to vary your tech window. Air techs are fully invulnerable for a short period of time but can then be beaten out by well times attacks/air grabs (as you've shown). If the opponent doesn't tech out, then you can catch them into a Black Beat combo (they could have teched but didn't). The only true way to escape that would be to perfectly time your tech so that the throw's active window would connect during the early tech window.

Having said that, I think the properties of I-no's command throw have changed slightly for Rev 2 so this might not be accurate for much longer.

Thank you for the response. It might not show but the dummy is set to air tech forward immediately. But I see what you mean. If it where a person they could delay the tech so that the invincibility frames are during the throws active frames.