Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

ASW making a new Dragon Ball fighting game (2.5D)

I thought this was fake news for a second! Damn what a shock, this better not be broken like that Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star game they made. I have great confidence in Arcs since they made the Super Sonic Warrior series. Hopefully it'll make it to EVO one year.

I also hope Goku Black makes it in!

3 hours ago, GF9Returns said:

this better not be broken like that Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star game they made.

You take that back, Hokuto no Ken is awesome in it's own way.

My history with DBZ games is kinda rough, but, how popular were they in Mainstream?

Like, if this game is successful, will ARCSys finally get acknowledged by Mainstream FGC?

16 hours ago, Blade said:

My history with DBZ games is kinda rough, but, how popular were they in Mainstream?

Like, if this game is successful, will ARCSys finally get acknowledged by Mainstream FGC?

Popular enough I guess, the last 2 Xenoverse games sold a little over 1 million. I think this could be good for ASW if they do a good job, maybe they will get more request to make games from popular franchises, Naruto for example...... or

Darkstalkers

Dragon Ball characters and techniques with ASW touch ?

Imagine Super Sayan transformation like Xrd Sol's Dragon Install...

Imagine Perfect Cell using Cell Juniors like Xrd Jack-O's servants...

Imagine Android 16's Hell Flash, Vegeta's Final Flash, Janemba's Cosmic Illusion, Ginyu's Body Change or Piccolo's Hellzone Grenade, all made by ASW.

Damn, i want a trailer so bad...

Well, a chunk of the cast of Guilty Gear are DBZ members already, lol (May, Ky, Johnny, Bedman)

6 hours ago, Blade said:

Well, a chunk of the cast of Guilty Gear are DBZ members already, lol (May, Ky, Johnny, Bedman)

You forgot about Leo too!

The trailer was shown on Microsoft's E3 conference, out of all places

Btw, this colaboration is something that should have happened ages ago. I have no doubt that ASW will deliver.

Never would've thought we would get a DBZ section here in the forums.

And we should somehow start a hash tag along the lines of #NextTimeOnDBFZ. Or something along those lines. Someone wittier than me think of something funny and catchy.

On 2017-6-10 at 8:28 AM, jinbe said:

Dragon Ball characters and techniques with ASW touch ?

Imagine Super Sayan transformation like Xrd Sol's Dragon Install...

Imagine Perfect Cell using Cell Juniors like Xrd Jack-O's servants...

Imagine Android 16's Hell Flash, Vegeta's Final Flash, Janemba's Cosmic Illusion, Ginyu's Body Change or Piccolo's Hellzone Grenade, all made by ASW.

Damn, i want a trailer so bad...

It seems that Golden Freezer form works as a Dragon Install

The SSJ3 seems to be only for the lvl3 cinematic super.

So there's some gameplay footage popping up, just going to mention some stuff that catches my eye.

The first thing that stood out to me was that it looks like there's a dust-like mechanic that can be comboed into. I noticed a lot of the characters doing a few hits into one that launches or knocks the opponent backward, and then pursuing them after a face closeup, similar to Guilty Gear.

I'm wondering if those homing flying animations are something like homing in Arcana Heart.

Predictably, appears to be some sort of burst mechanic.

There's a few frames where something resembling faultless defense appears around the defending character.

You can go into a meter charging stance.

These players seem to be somewhat competent despite how new the game is, I'm betting on some sort of Simple Mode. And hopefully it's a mode, and not autocombos bound to the lightest button like P4A.

Frieza totally has a Dragon Install in the form of Golden Frieza, looks like SSJ2 Goku goes SSJ3 as well.

One thing that I never even knew was a good idea, the game returns to round start position after a character is KO'd and the next one is tagging in. I always thought dealing with "oki" when your next character is jumping in was annoying.

Environment destruction is sick, looks like there's some stage transitions too.

It seems to me that is the throws that lead to the dust like mechanic you mention. And that the throw breaks trigger the exchange of flurry attacks that the characters have some times.I also think that the homming mechanic is ver similar to AH.

After watching the other videos, I think you're probably right about the throws. But it looks like there's also some dynamic camera angles for key hits, like launchers or moves that knock the opponent back, and those can be followed up with a forward dash or jump. The game is looking really stylish, it's pretty cool.

Looks really good, and I see they are using Unreal 4 now. There is a lot of buzz online about the game, really happy that ASW is getting the recognition they deserve from outside the FGS. Looking forward to play the beta this summer.

That stage transition, holy shit. If someone told me that Dragon Ball would have such a strong return, I wouldn't believe it. Super is great, and now we are getting what might be the best DB game yet.

WeakFirsthandFlatfish.gif

17 hours ago, chump_fighter said:

So there's some gameplay footage popping up, just going to mention some stuff that catches my eye.

The first thing that stood out to me was that it looks like there's a dust-like mechanic that can be comboed into. I noticed a lot of the characters doing a few hits into one that launches or knocks the opponent backward, and then pursuing them after a face closeup, similar to Guilty Gear.

I'm wondering if those homing flying animations are something like homing in Arcana Heart.

Predictably, appears to be some sort of burst mechanic.

There's a few frames where something resembling faultless defense appears around the defending character.

You can go into a meter charging stance.

These players seem to be somewhat competent despite how new the game is, I'm betting on some sort of Simple Mode. And hopefully it's a mode, and not autocombos bound to the lightest button like P4A.

Frieza totally has a Dragon Install in the form of Golden Frieza, looks like SSJ2 Goku goes SSJ3 as well.

One thing that I never even knew was a good idea, the game returns to round start position after a character is KO'd and the next one is tagging in. I always thought dealing with "oki" when your next character is jumping in was annoying.

Environment destruction is sick, looks like there's some stage transitions too.

At 1:51, it appears that the teleport that costs 1 meter is used while mid attack animation. It leads me to believe that the teleport serves a similar function as roman cancel, except it moves you behind the opponent's character instead of leaving you in the same place.