Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sindelian

BBCF 2.0 changes discussion

Hey guys, I wanna get some discussion going on the potential changes made for Rachel for the upcoming update.

As it stands now:

Rachel @HiagoXYZ  

- Standing stagger frontal hurtbox increased
- 2C: blows opponent farther away on CH
- j.B: not an overhead anymore

- j.2C: landing recovery decreased; only cancelable on hit; COMBO TIME LEVEL INCREASED

- Wind: no matter which direction you use it, it'll add to the negative penalty

- Wind: YOU CAN'T USE WIND DURING ANY KIND OF TECH; OD STARTUP OR DURING EA

- Frog: when hit by a projectile, the frog will get knocked back

- 214B: bats appear faster; they're blown up in a different way by wind; the AoE in which bats deal damage has been increased

-214B: damage increased when touched by a bat, but the max damage has been decreased; Rachel's meter won't increase when they hit

- 214B: when Rachel is damaged the move disappears (won't disappear on block)

-------------------------

Overall, I'm okay with this. It doesn't seem like her total damage output changed too much. Just that we have to work a little harder to get the advantage.

Cat chair changes might just require a different combo route so no real big deal there.

j.b not being an overhead anymore. Ouch. Big ouch. Not huge but we now have to rely more heavily on j.a

j.2c changes, I would have loved if they didn't make it non cancellable on block. Maybe having less landing recovery will allow for some classic BBCT mix ups. To be honest not a risk I'd take without surefire certainty. Increased combo time might lead to more combo routes which would be great!

Negative penalty on win in any direction. This sucks. It needs a very useful corner escape tactic. FAAAKKK

Being u able to use wind during tech.tbis hurts me the most. I USE wind during tech all the time. Incredible escape tactic is now gone. Her defense is slashed pretty bad.

Frog kickback when hit by a projectile. Alright fine.

Bat changes seem manageable. Just a slight max dmg nerf and heat gain nerf. New wind trajectory though.

A lot of it seems fair. Seems like her combo routes stayed the same maybe with some new j.2c options.