Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Cheesesteak

New player, need help deciding on main

New player, need help deciding on main  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like best?

• Dizzy
    • Haehyun
    • Jam
    • Ramlethal

Hey all, 

So GGXrdREV2 is my first ever GG game and I got it just a week ago and after clearing the Arcades for all 25 characters, going through some of Story Mode, and doing some dabbling in the Dojo, it's time I decide on who I actually want to play!

So long story short, I'm making this decision purely off the character themselves as characters - their story, personality, flavor, etc.  I have no real preference in style, as I've played zoners, grapplers, rushdowners, etc.  Learning curve MAY be a factor, but I'm going to dedicate a lot of time to this, so I won't mind.  I haven't really dedicated time learning a fighter since Mortal Kombat X.  In fact, the majority of my FG history is NRS, Namco, and Smash.  This'll be the first time I embrace a 2D anime/Japanese fighting game.  

So anyway, for a variety of reasons, I've narrowed it down to Dizzy, Haehyun, Jam, and Ramlethal.
dizzy.png.ffd2c1a63167215ef602e090de1224 haehyun.png.8b9ccc7ed8cdfa7661b1313da21a jam_xrd.png.772214e464e407edf0c38847f3a3 ramlethal.png.8d41e452435d87745a0df4d1cb 

So my question may not quite be "who do you recommend", but rather just "who do you like" out of the 4 above?  You can vote based on however you want - background, play style, difficulty, representation in the community, even just as a recommendation, etc.    

Thanks for any and all input!

(also, why does Dizzy not have an updated sprite for the Xrd character forums list?  :cry:)  

edit:
I should say style/mechanics DO matter in the sense that I ruled out Jack-O' due to her sweep being 3H instead of 2D like everyone else(?).  I didn't want that throwing me off in case I had a co-main/pocket/sub characters.

I like Haehyun for a number of reasons. For one, I like badass old dudes as well as big characters, and Haehyun happens to be both. I like that the gameplay is simple but with twists. The kickloops are the most fun I've ever had with difficult combos, and the oki is a lot of fun to pull off.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:57 AM, Steve-Fiction said:

I like Haehyun for a number of reasons. For one, I like badass old dudes as well as big characters, and Haehyun happens to be both. I like that the gameplay is simple but with twists. The kickloops are the most fun I've ever had with difficult combos, and the oki is a lot of fun to pull off.

well, you may be pleased to hear I've decided on Haehyun :thumbu:

...and Ramlethal.  I'll co-main them eventually, but those are the 2 I've settled on.  I figured since I'm new to the GG series, I'd pick characters who are new to the GG series as well, appearing first in the Xrd line (since I did watch all the SIGN Arcade and Story Mode vids at least!). 

On 29.8.2017 at 6:35 PM, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

well, you may be pleased to hear I've decided on Haehyun :thumbu:

...and Ramlethal.  I'll co-main them eventually, but those are the 2 I've settled on.  I figured since I'm new to the GG series, I'd pick characters who are new to the GG series as well, appearing first in the Xrd line (since I did watch all the SIGN Arcade and Story Mode vids at least!). 

Heyyy, that's rad. Hope you'll have fun with it.