Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NeoStrayCat

[BB:TAG] News/Gameplay Discussion

BBTAG2.png.9efecdd95032acbdf6e0005f12bb29cc.png

"The collision is inevitable. The impact will be unavoidable."

Info so far...

-Released in JP May 26th, 2018, in the US (and Steam worldwide) on June 5th, 2018 and in EU/PAL regions June 22nd, 2018. Confirmed platforms are PS4, Switch and Steam. Playtested at various events around the world before. This will also be Arc Systems newly US branch first release.

Prices will vary physically/digitally, $20 for the DLC character bundle (Digital Deluxe is now $50 for Game+All Characters), Character Packs 1-6 are $5 each and will give you 3 characters in each pack. Character Pack 7 is $10 and will include 4 characters. (Char. Pack 7 is free if you either, in 3 outcomes, ought the DLC character bundle, the Digital Deluxe, or have bought all 6 DLC packs individually.) The game also has Dual Audio and that includes the entire roster even. (UNIST's cast's first dub and Heart Aino's as well. Also vocal languages can be set individually per character.) (For prices in other regions, check your local regional retailer.) Version 2.0 will be out on Nov. 21st 2019, with the "Special Edition" out on the same day. The 2.0 content pack is $25 and will include 9 additional DLC characters, 4 extra colors for all characters, and an additional episode mode route ("Episode Extra"). Special Edition is a physical/digital (re)release that will bundle the game and all of its DLC so far.

-The game does have various Limited Editions depending on region, though they'll differ what contents in which LE you buy, prices will vary.

-2 on 2 battle system similar to the VS series, with its own unique mechanics, of course. Notes mentioned by SKD/SuperKawaiiDesu of DL (credited) here: Part 1/Part 2/Part 3

-Characters announced from 7 different titles (Blazblue CentralFiction, Persona 4 Arena+Ultimax, Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late[st], RWBY, Arcana Heart 3: LMSS, Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, Akatsuki Blitzkampf: Asuf.Achse), 20 characters in the base roster and another 33 as DLC (53 total).

BB (Base): :RG:, :JI:, :RA:, :HZ::NL:, :AZ::TG::MK::NU:, Es. BB (DLC):  :PT: , Jubei, :HA:, Nine, :IZ:, Mai, Kurogane, :CEL:, Susano-O

P4A/U (Base): :ballYU:, :ballYO::ballCHIE:, :ballYK:. P4A/U (DLC): :ballKA2::ballAI:, :ballNA:, :ballMT::ballAK::ballLB:, :ballTD::ballEL::ballAD:  / UNIST (Base): :UNI_HY:, :UNI_LI:, :UNI_WA::UNI_GO:. UNIST (DLC):UNI_OR:, :UNI_CA::UNI_VA::UNI_YU::UNI_ME:, Mika, :UNI_SE::UNI_HE: / RWBY: Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, Yang Xiao Long, Neo Politan. (Both Blake/Yang are permanently free DLC.) / Arcana Heart: Heart Aino / Senran Kagura: Yumi / Akatsuki Blitzkampf: :UNI_AK:, Blitztank

The demo is available to try out at your region's PS Store and Nintendo E-Shop.

Character Select Screen!

DLYqrQtWsAAYiFO.jpg

DUcTLVnVoAAT_Gb?format=jpg&name=mediumBBTAG.PNG.58d1ce74566249d0f95ae937f36b8eeb.PNG

So is anyone in this forum going to the New York Comic Con? I'm sure we would all like to get some info on the game's mechanics as soon as possible and having someone with experience playing Arc System Works fighters would result in the most accurate analysis of how the game will play.

I wonder which game's system mechanics will be most dominant. If I had to guess my money would be on blazblue seeing as it is in the title. I imagine it will use the four button layout of light, medium, heavy, and drive (or its equivalent).

Personally, I hope P4A's auto-combo system returns here. It was way better implemented than BB's stylish system IMO. Did UNIEL have something similar?

6 hours ago, gamedefier said:

Personally, I hope P4A's auto-combo system returns here. It was way better implemented than BB's stylish system IMO. Did UNIEL have something similar?

Well, UNIEL does have auto-combos, but I haven't played P4A or BB:CF to compare one to another.  How are P4A's and BB's different?  One is not just spamming the same button?

2 hours ago, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

Well, UNIEL does have auto-combos, but I haven't played P4A or BB:CF to compare one to another.  How are P4A's and BB's different?  One is not just spamming the same button?

P4A and CF does have autocombos, however, in CF case, only in Stylish mode

In P4U the auto-combo system gave everyone a unique normal string (normals that could only be done in the auto-combo and no inputs exist to use them outside of it i.e. Narukami's 5AAA must be preformed by doing 5A > 5AA > 5AAA) that usually consisted of three attacks though some characters have more. Additional light attack inputs would result in a special attack (for Narukami it was his air light Raging Lion special) and after that a super if you had the meter for one (again for Narukami it was light Ziodyne). This auto combo could be used on it's own for those who don't know how to combo, but, unlike the auto-combo system of BB or even the recent Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite, this auto-combo could be used within other combos. Here is an example from P4AU with Narukami, with brackets showing where the auto combo is:

(In corner) (Fatal Counter): Heavy Raging Lion > [5A > 5AA > 5AAA > Air Light Raging Lion] > 5A > 5C > 2C > Heavy Raging Lion > Cross Slash.

I like the idea that the auto-combo is a tool for players of all skill levels rather than just a crutch for inexperienced players.

Also, no walking? Will this hurt footsies and spacing with characters who need micro-adjustment (like my boi Hakumen)? What about characters who can't run in the first place (also like my boi Hakumen)?

Just saw that this thread existed so I figured I'd let people know that I'm going to Comic Con and will be able to play the demo. I'll be sure to relay my experiences and hopefully find a way to record some footage.

Sweet, let us know of anything good how BB:TAG is when you get there Ogiga (mechanics and other stuff), and hopefully find a way to record footage somehow without breaking rules, lol. (That's if they'll allow recordings, lol.)

So here's some gameplay analysis I've done.

• Assists take half of the blue bar to use.
  • Characters slowly recover health when they’re not being used.
  • There doesn’t seem to be any form of Barrier Block since despite seeming to have a similar look, they still take chip damage.
  • You start with all 3 bars of super meter, so you can use them immediately.
  • Using an assist fills in one of the four diamonds next to the assist meter. These seem to be connected to Resonance Blaze because when it becomes available the diamonds are covered with “Lv. 4,” suggesting that the number of diamonds increase the level and presumably the higher level has an effect on Resonance Blaze (personally I think it increases its duration because it lasts quite a while).
  • Resonance Blaze seems to do at least three things. Recovers HP slowly (whether it is just the temporary HP that seems to be the same as Fighterz or not is unclear), rapidly fills the special gauge and for BlazBlue characters seems to apply the Overdrive benefits, or at least gives them access to the Overdrive versions of their supers.

Ruby mirrors fills me with regret.  Okay, it isn't nearly as annoying on repeated listening, but still.

Well, guys, info updated with notes mentioned in the first post by SKD about the game's mechanics. Also, character select screen too!

Edit/Update: Be aware the CSS rotates ala CVS 1, and selects characters by title and shares by both players (So no, its not what you think if the BB side has double the roster, lol.). Unknown what ETC would be, but maybe we'll see later.

So I got to play 20 or so matches of BBTAG and while it was very different it was a lot of fun. I will give my thoughts in more detail when I get home tonight. I also recorded about 7 fights so I’ll upload them later. Let me know if you have any questions about the game.

Well, didn't notice this until now, but the BBTAG logo got quite a change, but it looks kinda weird seeing the vertical "cross" covered up with cross already mentioned.

image.png.9dfd8afa07e592e95f725b6f9d04c8e9.png

30 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Here we have the button layout, folks.

Apparently is only dash the way to walk, or somthing like that (It says "Advance".)

Yeah. Running is the only form of movement.

So anyway I got to play a whole lot of the game today and while it was very different and difficult to adjust to, it was a lot of fun. I'll put all my thoughts together later but for now I thought I'd share two things. Here's the flyer they gave out to those who played the demo and here's all the alternate color palettes.

Additionally, I recorded about 7 minutes of gameplay footage that I'm uploading to youtube now (but it's going VERY slowly). I'll post a link when it's ready.

If any of you have any questions about the mechanics let me know.

EDIT: Also, the most important question I got an answer to. In response to whether we'll get a dub, he said "we're trying really really hard." Take that how you will.

EDIT 2: Here's the footage I recorded. None of it is actually me playing. Currently the video is only in 360p though.

21 hours ago, Kitten Burglar said:

What? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

It says double tap to dash, but people are also saying you can only run. Which is it?

That is definitely weird. I'll be sure to check this tomorrow when I go back.

EDIT: Just checked. Run is default movement and double-tapping does nothing. It seems to be a mistake.

Updated first post with some new info with confirmed systems to play on, 2018 release, and new character trailer with Weiss from RWBY. (Along with Rachel and Hazama confirmed playable.)

Hey, that's amazing! Not only Hazama is confirmed (was worried they'd only include Terumi instead), but a PC release is announced too? It's like Christmas morning! I was afraid there might be problems with BBTAG arriving to PC because of Atlus, so it's a very pleasant surprise.