Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NeoStrayCat

[BB:TAG] News/Gameplay Discussion

Well, added the Manual/Move List info to first page, its in JP obviously (and translations a plenty later), but there may be some new stuff here and there. Weiss is not playable there. But all other characters will be.

---

Next Characters announced: Noel, Chie, and Waldstein! (No RWBY reveal.)

I was rewatching Character Introduction #2 (Hazama, Rachel and Weiss) and I've noticed that Hazama uses his step dash and he doesn't have Ouroboros Meter this time around. Also, I've seen somewhere that you can use up to three/four Geoges at once with Rachel. And Weiss... well, the Ice Queen uses Glyphs for movement and projectiles (those circle things you all saw), so yeah, she will be strong

These three specifically are the most OP in my opinion... yet.

A survey about BBTAG was recently released by Arc System Works where players can offer feedback about the game. In it you can rate the difficulty and fun factor of the game's mechanics and also suggest characters for the game. One section is for suggesting BB, P4A, UNIEL, and RWBY characters while another is for characters outside of these franchises.

Here is a link to the survey: https://business.form-mailer.jp/fms/b8a3b5b877261

PLEASE MENTION INCLUDING AN ENGLISH DUB IN THIS TITLE IN THE FINAL SECTION! We may get one for the RWBY cast or even the entire roster, but I'd like to avoid the BBCF debacle this time around. I totally forgot to add it when a friend told me after I completed the survey and I felt so stupid.

Well, surprise surprise, it seems that Arc's newly US branch will publish BB:TAG overseas! This means that probably both Aksys/Atlus USA will not get involved in the localization (unless other than possible social promotion) and all work will probably be on Arc's new venture here stateside (besides a certain third party I know, that handled the later BB titles from up to CSE to CF.)

I'm a bit curious how getting into self-publishing will affect ASW as a business.  Will they only do self-published titles?  Will they still work as contractors for other companies?  Will they publish/localize other developers' games?  etc etc. 

Kinda makes me think of Gearbox.  They have their own publishing division for some of their own games and other studios' games they publish for them.  But they also still get outsourced to do dev work on other companies' games (Sega, 2K) and have some of their own IPs still published by other companies (2K.  Tho BL is co-owned I believe, but Duke is 100% owned by Gearbox, still published by 2K).

Azrael is a must to this game! Many people from different places coming to BB world and the Mad Dog won't even have a chance to hunt them? I don't think so!

Now I only need Terumi and BB characters are done for me

You forgot to say UNGA, Vulcan, lol. Anyways, the character count will keep on growing to a sizable number, and yes, don't worry about it, the other RWBY characters will appear in due time.

On 17.11.2017 at 8:55 PM, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Azrael is a must to this game! Many people from different places coming to BB world and the Mad Dog won't even have a chance to hunt them? I don't think so!

Couldn't help but feel that Azrael would be kinda dissapointed, seeing how 80% of the cast from the other 3 universes are likely to be just kids with superpowers :lol:

On 18.11.2017 at 10:42 AM, NeoStrayCat said:

Anyways, the character count will keep on growing to a sizable number, and yes, don't worry about it, the other RWBY characters will appear in due time.

Let's hope so, because I'm starting to worry our four main heroines is all we'll get.

In an ideal world, I will be able to play team Big Boys, Tager/Wald

So, my preferred character additions list goes as follows:

Tager, Naoto (Waifu Edition), and Yang

In celebration of the 10th anniversary of BlazBlue, ASW opened a special website: http://www.blazblue.jp/10th/
hero-logo.png
It contains artworks and information to nearly all major characters and will be updated with interviews of the creators and other things. There are also two contests: a fan art contest and a popularity poll.
Regarding the poll: it's possible to vote everyday for a character until 31 of January 2018. Winners will likely affect merchandise and maybe even games, like BBTAG or BBADW
http://www.blazblue.jp/10th/contest/characters/

In this last stream, they revealed the Top 10 in popularity poll currently, I only remember the Top 6: #6 Mai, #5 Noel, #4 Jin, #3 Terumi, #2 Hazama, #1 Ragna. Oh, and Es what #10 and Makoto was between

They revealed 4 Blazblue Chars: Tager, Makoto, Nu and Es, respectively.

Trailer may come soon to Youtube.

Apparently, BBCTag is anyone's game now, with some minor exceptions (Susanoo, Lambda...)

Edit: Here is the trailer:

(Holy crap it's been a long time since I've been on this site. O_O)

Makes sense that they wouldn't consider Susanoo and Lambda seeing as the former is a walking spoiler and the latter is basically a weaker version of Nu. Also doubt that Mu will make an appearance since I'm sure this game wouldn't appreciate two versions of Noel at the same time on top of its crossover f**kery. XP

We all know that RWBY characters will have dual audio, that's old news, but this doesn't confirm anything on dual audio for the other 3 series, especially UNIST. (Which was never dubbed to begin with.)

If they plan to do the same with the BB/P4A cast at one point (and if surprising, UNIST), then we'll see, now its just a pipe dream.

Welp, Blake got revealed, as DLC, along with a release date (May 31) and total number of characters, which seems to be 40. It looks like all the characters revealed after Blake will be DLC so, how many were confirmed before?

EDIT: Resolved to count it and 20 characters were already confirmed before Blake. I hope I'm wrong about the characters after her being DLC

8 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Welp, Blake got revealed, as DLC, along with a release date (May 31) and total number of characters, which seems to be 40. It looks like all the characters revealed after Blake will be DLC so, how many were confirmed before?

EDIT: Resolved to count it and 20 characters were already confirmed before Blake. I hope I'm wrong about the characters after her being DLC

All 20 of the characters from Blake onward will be DLC. There will be 6 sets of 3 characters and two stand alones (one Blake and the other likely Yang). Yes, seriously.

35 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

All 20 of the characters from Blake onward will be DLC. There will be 6 sets of 3 characters and two stand alones (one Blake and the other likely Yang). Yes, seriously.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ASW RIGHT NOW?! I mean... Half of the cast as DLC? What are you? EA? I hope they make it cheap or at least free for a period of time because this is bullshit. Or the game will be cheap as hell, because damn!

I hope, at least, they announce the rest of the cast before launch, I still rooting for Terumi to appear.

ASW is getting a lot of flak for the DLC policy in this game, even if the price for every DLC pack is low, this is not the right practice when the vast majority of the DLC characters are old sprites.

Welp, this game went from a day one buy to PlayStation Store flash sale status with this recent news. No dub either, fricking figures.

No amount of effort in recreating some sprites can justify the copious amounts of DLC from a game that still isn’t coming out for about half a year.

Worst of all is that they’re apparently withholding the DLC character info until EVO. Right, because that totally rejuvenated Central Fiction. Hope dataminers crack that wide open and force them to say sooner. 

This didn’t work years ago with SF x T and idk why ASW thinks a little recent success means they can take risks like this. Hopefully they’re just putting all this out there to see if anyone will bite, because at the current point in time I have no idea who this game is supposed to appeal to.

Mori said a “Western audience”, guess that translates to loads of DLC and eSports appeal, ugh.

I’m glad I got a co-sign from one of my favorite voice actors ever the other day (Mark Hamill), because this news would’ve probably killed my vibe.

On the bright side, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT is weeks away...

Yeah, yeah, I get what you guys are going about on this whole DLC debacle as of late, lets hope ASW change their stance on this before release, or else shit's gonna hit the fan.

So, what do we have here? Half the cast as a DLC, apparently no dub - and here I was lowkey hoping that since there's less story... Sigh. But what upsets me the most is that this list all but confirms we're only getting the titular characters from RWBY because of that 1-character DLC. Shame, really.