Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NeoStrayCat

[BB:TAG] News/Gameplay Discussion

I don't know why ASW put ES in that game. One appearance in CF and she became important as much as "main chars". Has she been that popular or what? (Maybe she is necessary for hmm „plot”)

19 hours ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

This didn’t work years ago with SF x T and idk why ASW thinks a little recent success means they can take risks like this. Hopefully they’re just putting all this out there to see if anyone will bite, because at the current point in time I have no idea who this game is supposed to appeal to.

It would be work if CAPCOM stopped ruining own games. SF x T was another and worse Street Fighter IV (which isn't a great game for me but it's a personal matter of taste). I think that would be rather to get a „Namco X Capcom”.

IMO it looks for me much more like a promotion for rest of ASW games (which they publish) than a risk/an experiment plus they probably have a financial support from RWBY producers (I can't find any other reasonably argument about RWBY). Moreover the trailer is the second most viewing (after GG Xrd SIGN) on YT so people are quite interested in. Unfortunately UNIEL being a Melty Blood's legacy isn't that popular like it should be so I am happy that I will get an „official” occasion to beat Jin's ass with Gordeau's scythe. BB alawys had a good story so I guess they will prepare something special even if it's a crossover.

About "20+ char" as a DLC.. That  "politics" has become pretty common in japanese game industry recently e.g Final Fantasy VII Remake is going to be published as a „four episodes” because „the game is too big” (what a bulls**t. I won't be surprise if Vincent or Yuffie become DLC adds too). I say "OK” (even if all sprites might get only small improvement) if price for all sets won't become higher/same as whole game. Otherwise it won't be a good deal.

PS. It will be nice year -> Guilty Gear Begin, BB: TAG, BB ADW and finally(!) BBCF Material Collection...

On 1/13/2018 at 10:11 AM, kosmos badgirl said:

ASW is getting a lot of flak for the DLC policy in this game, even if the price for every DLC pack is low, this is not the right practice when the vast majority of the DLC characters are old sprites.

I have to agree here. With the fact that the majority of the BlazBlue cast have sprites that come from a game that's 10 years old, the price ASW is charging for the DLC packs is unjustifiable, especially for sprites that are extremely dated by today's standards (for example, look at Morrigan from Darkstalkers, she has had the same set of sprites for every 2D game she was in, but one of the few rare cases where she had new sprites was in Cross Edge because it was by a different developer), as well as after what happened with Street Fighter x Tekken back in 2012.

As for the apparent lack of a dub, aren't the RWBY characters getting English voices, though? I could have sworn so since the game was announced.

RWBY characters are confirmed to have dual audio, and this has been true since the Weiss trailer in both English/Japanese. Don't expect the other 3 series to be the same unless otherwise noted, not only that, the DLC debacle as of late.

Just plain sad how this game is going down. This probably what the pricing is going to look like and it's gonna be the ugliest yet:

Base Game: $40
First and 2nd DLC RWBY Character - $7.99 each (first dlc free if you preorder the base game)
DLC Character Packs (6 of them) - $19.99 each (or pay $99.99 for the complete DLC bundle pack) 

So we are looking at around $40 + $8 x 2 + $20 x 6 for a total of $176.00 which is fucking insane.

Probably the Collector's Edition with DLC Bundle will be $149.99 with preorder (still outrageous).

Only way this shit is gonna work is if the base game is $40 and the complete DLC pack (season pass) for all 20 DLC characters is $29.99 for a total of $70 which would be reasonable. Anything beyond that is not cool as 80% of the game's source material is all reused sprites, music and background.

Really dropping the ball ASW. First you do the DLC shit with DBZ and now this. You really want to become the new Capcom don't you?

Honestly, I don't mind 20 base characters and I don't mind 20 DLC characters.  But Blake and Yang as DLC is nearly unforgivable.  They're titular characters from the franchise that's in the cross-over. 

I feel like this was rushed for some reason...to be a community event at EVO2018?  I'm really confused why they did this, it has to be more than just "how can we maximize revenue from DLC"...  I'd be more forgiving if 14-16 of the 20 DLC characters were NOT BB characters, but that's obviously not likely.

16 minutes ago, HGhaleon said:

Just plain sad how this game is going down. This probably what the pricing is going to look like and it's gonna be the ugliest yet:

First and 2nd DLC RWBY Character - $7.99 each (first dlc free if you preorder the base game)
DLC Character Packs (6 of them) - $19.99 each (or pay $99.99 for the complete DLC bundle pack) 

So we are looking at around $40 + $8 x 2 + $20 x 6 for a total of $176.00 which is fucking insane.

Probably the Collector's Edition with DLC Bundle will be $149.99 with preorder (still outrageous).

Only way this shit is gonna work is if the base game is $40 and the complete DLC pack (season pass) for all 20 DLC characters is $29.99 for a total of $70 which would be reasonable. Anything beyond that is not cool as 80% of the game's source material is all reused sprites, music and background.

Really dropping the ball ASW. First you do the DLC shit with DBZ and now this. You really want to become the new Capcom don't you?

What DLC shit w/ DBFZ?  $40 for 8 characters is a pretty standard $5/character rate.  And it's Namco's decision anyway, not ASW's.  

But re: your pricing, why do you think it's $8/character?  You even pointed out DBFZ's "shit", which is just $5/character.  So what makes you think it'll be $8 for BBCTB?  Just b/c of Jubei in CF?  GGXrdREV's DLC characters were just $5.  Not sure if Team Red/Blue decide for their respective games or if a central figure at ASW decides the prices, but Jubei may be the exception to the rule.  Wasn't he like the most hyped new character in BB history, so they knew they could charge a premium?  Plus, I'm sure ASW maybe learns from this backlash and tries to pull a solid for the fans.  

10 hours ago, HGhaleon said:

I highly doubt it'll be priced like that. Why would anyone even buy the game and DLC bundle for $140 (or are you saying $99? even then) if you can buy the Special Edition for $80 that includes ALL DLC and some physical bonus items? So that means that all the DLC + artbook + the special item depending on console ver = $40. So my guess is all the DLC will cost at MAX $30 but I have feeling (and with the backlash they are getting) it may be $20. Which would bring the total cost to $60 (or maybe $70 if it does end up being a $30 dlc pack).

If it turns out to be $60 then this whole thing doesn't really make a difference except it's actually a bit of an advantage for someone who wants a low entry cost or doesn't care about majority of the DLC so they save a little (and the DLC characters won't be in the story mode but I don't think anyone gives a crap about that right now). Anyway, I'm a bit surprised in the way how ArcSys announced this news but I think we should calm down a bit and see more conformations on the pricing.

EDIT: Thinking more about it and looking up Nintendo Switch Storage Pouches being priced at about $10-15 on Amazon, I'm leaning more towards that it'll be $20-25 for all DLC and not up to $30*. But we will see.

This news is a huge slap in the face to all four fan-bases. I don't see why they're trying to rush the game out this way. They should just wait until the entire roster is complete and then release the game with all 40 characters, at full price if need be.

On 1/15/2018 at 2:43 AM, HGhaleon said:

These numbers are hopelessly, stupidly out of touch with reality. The limited edition (which comes with all the DLC) is around $90. Considering the limited edition also comes with an art book, I would estimate all of the DLC to cost somewhere between $20-30. That's still exorbitant considering most likely 18 of those characters will not be new assets and the base roster is far too small but it is not on the same planet as what you are suggesting. I really hope you haven't posted this around anywhere else because you are not helping by spreading such nonsense. Yes what Arc is doing is REALLY shitty but please try and look at things in a remotely realistic manner.

Letting this DLC problem aside, for now, because I hate too what ASW did, some time ago I saw some rumors, not those about character leak and all, but one thing caught my attention: Astral Heat. Will we have something like this in BBTAG? I know they've made something like Overdrive already, but I was curious about AH.

On 1/17/2018 at 5:55 AM, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Letting this DLC problem aside, for now, because I hate too what ASW did, some time ago I saw some rumors, not those about character leak and all, but one thing caught my attention: Astral Heat. Will we have something like this in BBTAG? I know they've made something like Overdrive already, but I was curious about AH.

We're not sure, considering match ending finishers have yet to be implemented or if they're going to be at all. I mean, sheesh, even DB Fighterz have specific Intro and KO scenes. While it has nothing to do with BB:TAG, at least that game has a lot of work going into it.

22 hours ago, NeoStrayCat said:

We're not sure, considering match ending finishers have yet to be implemented or if they're going to be at all. I mean, sheesh, even DB Fighterz have specific Intro and KO scenes. While it has nothing to do with BB:TAG, at least that game has a lot of work going into it.

If I'm not wrong, I recall people saying the last trailer has a part with a special intro between Yu and Yosuke, so it is likely there will be something like that. NOT as the level of DBZF because HOLY DAMN, Easter Eggs and References almost everywhere.

I refuse to pass judgement on this game until I see price tags. If the game releases at $40 and the total of dlc runs about $40, though ideally $20, I'd say that I'd be willing to drop $80 on another BB title, and I'm by no means made of money.

In fact, I'd appreciate it if they released the game that way. That way, I could buy the game for cheap and be able to play with some of my favorite characters, and then be able to pick and choose who else I want as I get the money to do so. 

It would, to me, switch from the initially perceived greedy cash grab to a economically friendly fanservice title. 

I still feel as though Blake and Yang should have been included into the main cast, but hey.

Look guys, don't get me wrong, I'm all up for BB:TAG, just not in the direction ASW is going for. And will probably check it out eventually, just not probably on day one, unless ASW turns back on the bullshit DLC debacle, though I doubt it.

Let's just hope that at Evo Japan, they turn back on the bullshit, though as I said, I doubt they'll change.

8 hours ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Look guys, don't get me wrong, I'm all up for BB:TAG, just not in the direction ASW is going for. And will probably check it out eventually, just not probably on day one, unless ASW turns back on the bullshit DLC debacle, though I doubt it.

Let's just hope that at Evo Japan, they turn back on the bullshit, though as I said, I doubt they'll change.

The main problem is that most of the people were scared away by the huge amount of DLC, most of them are RWBY fans because the main characters are separated by paywall.

They HAVE to do something about it, or else BB:TAG won't sell well.

New article on Gematsu: https://gematsu.com/2018/01/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-producer-discusses-lack-arcade-version-dlc-pricing

Seems DLC with either (based on translation)

1) DLC will be as much $30-40 for the bundle pack

or 

2) Game and DLC will probably be around $70-80 total (he said not much more than the price of a full game) if you purchase together.

This is better news but hoping for something along the lines of $60 total for everything then it would be reasonable (this is me being generous as 80% of the game being rehash)

Another question as well is has anyone figured out what the extra characters/silhouettes are in the latest trailer? 

So basically my initial hope has been more or less confirmed. I still need to see those price tags though before I hop back on the hype train and try to convince anyone that we all jumped to conclusions. 

They could have avoided this entire fallout by simply giving us 25 characters, including the 4 RWBY characters and not mentioned the DLC characters in the first place. Telling us that there was going to be 20 at launch and another 20 in DLC was just bad marketing, and honestly I won't really feel bad for them if CTB doesn't sell well because of it. That was just a stupid, entirely not thought out move on their part. 

In other words, a whole bunch of BS Mori is feeding though the ringer. Either way, I'll rather wait on the actual US prices before I decide to check it out, but yeah. Also, I've no clue on the Sils, Ghaleon, lol. Regardless, the game's already end up being Capcom Fighting Jam/Evo territory with SFxTekken DLC character fiasco, case in point...

ASW Fighting Jam/Evo seems to be shaping up real nicely, lol.

On 25/1/2018 at 8:16 PM, JustaMaskedFreak said:

BRACE YOURSELVES!

GET YOUR BODIES READY FOR THIS!

On 25/1/2018 at 8:44 PM, kosmos badgirl said:

Great.

Does anyone know what is this about?, it's pass evo japan and I don't know if someone on arc system works have say something or what. In other matters here is the complete list of moves for this game is someone want to see it. list of moves from the build until raichel and hazama. Also the official web side for the game on japanese is you want to check it out. BLAZBLUE TAG.

Here are some of the moves lists for the characters on BBTAG for the build in evo japan. It's a little different for the last build. And looks like the game is not going to be full price. Someone for arc system works says that the game will be just a tinny more expensive than full price if you buy it with the season pass included. So the big scandal is like over,  I hope. I will buy it at least. And I hope it gets over all this problems.

References: https://twitter.com/isukagg

img1.jpg

img2.jpg

img3.jpg

img4.jpg

So...from a recent interview lately for BB:TAG, it seems its being done as a rush job. So...yeah. Despite the DLC Debacle and work being done on the whole game to probably get it ready before Evo 2018, which now has been announced as part of the lineup, although, however, in good news...

Blake and Yang are free DLC, lol. Details unknown if they are up for a limited time or forever free. The 18 other characters are still behind a paywall though.

Blake.jpg.9ada314f24e5bc7b4cebbc3d92bd6da1.jpgYang.jpg.7edde66100b0cd801bdbdbee4b7c6d00.jpg