Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NeoStrayCat

[BB:TAG] News/Gameplay Discussion

I hope the game ends salling good. Though the damage is already done, I fear.

In other matters. BBTAG is going to be on EVO 2018. So BBCF is not, I imagine. Isn't BBTAG like too simple, with all the autocombos and stuff? Just having light and heavy attacks to combo with, sounds like a little too simple on my opinion. I haven't tried out myself. Maybe the assist mechanic is where the meat of the matter lays. Does someone knows if the C button can be used on combos and stuff?

Before anyone gets too excited about the guy saying the game will be dubbed, I would like to let you all know that there was an official Arc chat mod that, when asked to clarify a full dub, said "no comment at this time." The streamer also got Yang being available at launch wrong (he was apparently corrected during the break because at the end of the stream he says she would be available after launch). When I asked the chat mod to explain the discrepancy between the two statements it replied that the streamer "got too excited" but it only specifically mentioned Yang, not commenting on the dub. Now the fact that they believed there would be a dub does give me some hope that there is one being planned but I will be furious if I was given false hope, even if for only like 30 minutes.

1 hour ago, Ogiga99 said:

Before anyone gets too excited about the guy saying the game will be dubbed, I would like to let you all know that there was an official Arc chat mod that, when asked to clarify a full dub, said "no comment at this time." The streamer also got Yang being available at launch wrong (he was apparently corrected during the break because at the end of the stream he says she would be available after launch). When I asked the chat mod to explain the discrepancy between the two statements it replied that the streamer "got too excited" but it only specifically mentioned Yang, not commenting on the dub. Now the fact that they believed there would be a dub does give me some hope that there is one being planned but I will be furious if I was given false hope, even if for only like 30 minutes.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Honestly, adding a dub to this game would just be salt to the wound for me. Central Fiction is the game where a dub would've mattered to me.

22 hours ago, DarkCloud312 said:

I hope the game ends salling good. Though the damage is already done, I fear.

In other matters. BBTAG is going to be on EVO 2018. So BBCF is not, I imagine. Isn't BBTAG like too simple, with all the autocombos and stuff? Just having light and heavy attacks to combo with, sounds like a little too simple on my opinion. I haven't tried out myself. Maybe the assist mechanic is where the meat of the matter lays. Does someone knows if the C button can be used on combos and stuff?

This Evo will be more like the year of Team games, honestly. (KOF 14, DBZF, BBTAG, you name it)

I agree with you about BBTAG being too simple and a little disappointed that CF didn't make for EVO 2018 US, but what is done is done.

On 2/8/2018 at 10:04 AM, Steve-Fiction said:

Thanks for clarifying that.

Honestly, adding a dub to this game would just be salt to the wound for me. Central Fiction is the game where a dub would've mattered to me.

This is my general sentiment on the matter as well.

I could rant for hours, but to put it simply, no dub for CF would have been alright if they decided to drop the dub earlier in CP or even CS. We wouldn't have been happy about it, but at least it wouldn't feel like we are getting the rug pulled out from under us as the climax of BB and the final chapter of Raggy's story was approaching.

If they added a full dub to BBCTB without supplying a full dub to CF as a dlc patch, it'll make me feel like they intentionally dropped the dub from CF just to spite their western audience, as irrational as that may be. 

From the second ArcLive stream that just ended: There will be a press event on Thursday night where they will reveal a lot of stuff. Included in that will be the answer to whether or not the game is dubbed.

15 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

Included in that will be the answer to whether or not the game is dubbed.

Is that specifically what they said? Because if so, we just might be getting something more than just RWBY english voices, otherwise I don't think they would attract attention to it like that. But since they also refused to confirm that the entire game will be dubbed, I can't help but think about a possibility of a "partial dub" of sorts. That would probably mean:

A) Everyone but the UNIEL crowd having english voices, since UNIEL games were never dubbed. 

and/or

B) Only in-battle voices are dubbed, but the story mode is left in Japanese, which would cost ASW a lot less time and money. Kinda cheap, but honestly at this point I'd be okay with it, because it would at least mitigate the biggest crime of a sub-only version - not translating in-game interactions at all.

Pricing
Blake: FREE
Yang: FREE
Pack 1 (Platinum, Orie, Kanji): 600 yen (free for early buyers)
Pack 2 (?, ?, ?): 600 yen
Pack 3 (?, ?, ?): 600 yen
Pack 4 (?, ?, ?): 600 yen
Pack 5 (?, ?, ?): 600 yen
Pack 6 (?, ?, ?): 600 yen
All-In-One Pack: 2,400 yen

Thank you ASW. You made right on this. The pricing is fair and the full english dub is a great treat. Definitely giving them my money this time around. Please consider bringing back dubs into your IPs. To be this has a lot of perceived value and shows that you really care about the product. Go that extra mila.

1 hour ago, Ogiga99 said:

WE'RE OFFICIALLY GETTING A FULL DUB!!!!!!!!!! Also pricing listing but who gives a fuck about that?

Some of us give a fuck dude, cause we wanted to know how much it would be stateside in the first place. Since that's settled, and Dual Audio confirmed, yay! Either way, for full imagery infodump...

DWIMrwZWkAETe5A.jpg

DWIHQD4V4AAq9sR.jpg

Also calling the cast of 40 to be:

16 BB Characters:
10 UNIB
10 P4A
4 RWBY

Pretty sure for P4A looking at the whole investigation team (Yu, Yosuke, Chie, Yukiku, Kanji, Naoto, Teddie, & Rise) and probably a choice between the pool of Adachi, Sho, Marie, Elizabeth or Labrys for the final 2 slots.

Lastly, if the game does well, maybe well see even more DLC characters. Would love to see everyone come back for the biggest crossover ever. And bring in Guilty Gear >.>

On 7.2.2018. at 6:46 PM, DarkCloud312 said:

Does someone knows if the C button can be used on combos and stuff?

It can't. :cbt:/overhead and :d::cbt:/sweep are dedicated buttons that can't be in a combo, at least that's what it says in the wiki (the "Passing Link" mechanic).

Aside from :cbt:, you can combo inputs as long as you don't repeat them twice in the same combo.

It's a system like in Under Night but does anyone know how many normals each character has, since the game has dedicated buttons for a DP, overhead, etc?

(Also no love for Europe...)

Now CF dub when? :(

I don't know how I feel about a confirmed dub for CTB. On one hand, I'm ecstatic that I'll be able to hear Patrick Seitz's Ragna again, but on the other, CF was where we really needed the dub for a variety of reasons.

Well, for those mentioning EU/PAL regions, the only thing so far is since that steam is a global service, so obviously it'll easily be there for convenience, however, if you mean for consoles like PS4/Switch, then yeah, you guys have a right to be worried about. Hoping it does get an EU/PAL console release at some point, and hopefully P-Qube can do their magic if possible to bring it there.

16 hours ago, Arcus Diabolus said:

I don't know how I feel about a confirmed dub for CTB. On one hand, I'm ecstatic that I'll be able to hear Patrick Seitz's Ragna again, but on the other, CF was where we really needed the dub for a variety of reasons.

Yeah, but as of now, its a lost cause, I doubt there will be a way to have them do that at some point in the future if BBTAG sells as much as it can, but with the way its going for having the roster being split in two ways...yeah...

On 2/16/2018 at 1:27 PM, Arcus Diabolus said:

Seriously. I'm glad that CTB got a dub but it's a small comfort when CF's the one people really wanted it for.

Patrick Seitz and D.C. Douglas have confirmed that they will return in BBTAG to voice Ragna and Azrael respectively. Additionally, I sent tweets to the actors of all confirmed characters asking if they were returning and Jamieson Price liked the tweet. Cristina Vee also liked Patrick Seitz's tweet about him being Ragna. While neither of these are outright confirmation, they are a good sign.