Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NeoStrayCat

[BB:TAG] News/Gameplay Discussion

They honestly could just reuse all the existing English dubover dialogue from P4AU and BBCP and just add on that. Be a lot cheaper for them. Hope it's all the same VAs from those games. Also, bring back Hazama from BBCS. That was the best one imo.

20 minutes ago, HGhaleon said:

They honestly could just reuse all the existing English dubover dialogue from P4AU and BBCP and just add on that. Be a lot cheaper for them. Hope it's all the same VAs from those games. Also, bring back Hazama from BBCS. That was the best one imo.

No they can't. BBTAG has new dialogue since there are unique fight intro conversations and I believe characters call out the names of assists. Plus Es has no english voice and BBTAG has moves that were introduced in CF like Ragna's Nightmare Edge and Azrael's Full Spartan. And most importantly of all, there's a story mode, which is what takes the most time to dub. If they're going to have the actors in the booth for hours and hours, they might as well re-record Ragna saying "Carnage Scissors" just to make sure the voice is consistent.

Gotta respectfully disagree with you there, HGhaleon.  Erik Davies and Spike Spencer were both great, but I've come to prefer Doug Erholtz's rendition of the character, as well as Terumi.  Though I'm admittedly a bit biased, since he already won me over as Vega in the Street Fighter games before I picked up CS1.  For what it's worth, Christina Vee (Noel and Nu) Liked Patrick's Tweet about returning as Raggy for Tag Battle and Jamieson Price (Iron Tager) also Liked a Tweet from a fan asking if he'd be coming back to scream about "His Defenses!" again, so save for Alexis Tipton potentially taking over as Platinum and Ashley Burch stepping into Rise's shoes if we get her, I'd say we can expect all of the usual suspects for BB, Persona and RWBY in Cross Tag Battle, which is FANTASTIC as far as I'm concerned!

Got a BUNCH of new things to share. First of all, Cristina Vee is back as Noel and Nu! Secondy, Famitsu released a bunch of pages about the game that details story mode, shows off more of Platinum, Orie and Kanji and gives us our first look at Yang. Chao over on the new BlazBlue wiki's discord translated the scans. I'm splitting it up under spoiler tags just to keep the post from getting too long.

Spoiler

Weekly Famitsu 03/08/2018 issue (released 2/21/2018)

pp. 22-23 The name of the battleground is "Phantom Field!"

p. 22 Summary: Episode Mode details are partially revealed!

Long paragraph to say they're introducing the revealed DLC and new info on the Episode Mode.

Story

On the stage of stories, mixing the four worlds together into a special alternate "Phantom Field." The fighters have been abruptly summoned to that world, with an unknown "voice": "If you wish to return to your world, protect the "Keystone." --In the end, is that voice telling the truth?

The entrusted keys number four.

Enemies, or friends?

The fighters bet [take a risk] in order to return to their own world, and throw themselves into the battle to steal each other's "Keystone"---.

(above Platinum): Fighters battling one after the other!!

Spoiler

p. 23

"EPISODE MODE Enjoy [an] Original Story"

Episode mode is an offline one-person mode. The story is split among the four franchises, with each episode focusing on the characters from one franchise, and expanding into an original scenario. For the fighters who have been called from all sorts of worlds, just whose voice is that!? That conclusion, for fans, absolutely can't be missed!

(in orange above Ragna and Gordeau) Expanding into a connecting combo scenario!

(pic on right with Ragna and Episode Mode menu)

Episode Mode / Save Data

Continue: Move on to the next chapter

You do not have any saved data.

Prologue

Episode: BlazBlue

Episode: P4U

Episode: Under Night In Birth

Episode: RWBY

(on right, blue bar over Ragna:) Episode: BlazBlue (completion 0%)

(caption) ^ Each episode can be saved and loaded at any time. Rest assured if you wish to see other scenarios while in the middle of one story.

(Ragna and Gordeau picture) Episode BLAZBLUE -2- Chapter

Gordeau: What. So you don't understand yet. Right here, right now, those from other worlds are as a crowd completely confused......

(Ragna and Chie picture) Episode BLAZBLUE -3- Chapter

Chie: By any chance, have you seen? A girl with black hair, and a red cardigan.

(caption) Suddenly, Chie's meeting with Ragna. Even as a high school student, although martial arts is Chie's specialty, she's overwhelmed?

Spoiler

p. 23 lower half

"All sorts of thoughts intersect; the location of the battleground will be!?"

(picture with Makoto/Tager and cut-ins of Yu/Yosuke)

Makoto: Acchya--...This reaction. Seems like we've hit the bingo.

(caption) <- The combination of Makoto and Tager. Yu and Yosuke have teamed up, and mean to fight!?

(picture with Hyde/Blake) Episode UNDER NIGHT IN BIRTH -3- Chapter

Blake: [You] already know what I want to say, but I have a reason I must quickly return to my own world.

(caption) -> For a certain goal, Blake says she must return to her own world. What sorts of actions will she take?

RWBY

(in orange) To each their own, this dramatic adventure is sketched out!

(picture with Weiss and Ruby) Episode RWBY -1- Chapter

Weiss: Ah, I somehow managed. Let us show [them] Team RWBY's combination!

(caption) -> Although they've fought in the past, now they form the perfect tag team!

(on bottom) The next page introduces the new characters!!

Spoiler

pp. 24 - 25

"The new visitors who have gathered, surpassing time and space"

p. 24

(picture with Kanji gameplay)

(caption) -> Kanji, fighting with the power of one's heart, "Persona." From "P4U," (P4A for us) this high firepower throw remains robust in the main work!

(orange on right) Right here, right now, The Bloodcurdling Beefcake Emperor, Moronji Tatsumi Kanji

Voice: Seki, Tomokazu

(picture with Platinum gameplay)

(orange on top) Innocent magical girl

(caption) ^ She fights with the Nox Nyctores "Arma Rebaore: Muchorin" as her weapon. Appearing as fancy illusions, but with the attack power of an adult's embarrassment. Platinum the Trinity

Voice: Yuuki, Aoi

(On the bottom bar) "Further Enjoy Teams with the Enriching Play Mode"

Aside from the Episode Mode that's been introduced on the previous page, the title will also have many other modes. To those who haven't quite touched fighting games before, if you use the Tactics Mode and Training Mode, you can learn how to play. For the others, there are many modes where you can battle with others. Play the different modes and enjoy the game!!

(bottom bar, image on left) "Tactics Mode"

(caption) ^ A mode which will give you a lecture on various techniques. Those new to fighting games should check out this mode first.

(bottom bar, image on right) "Training Mode"

(caption) ^ While allowing the gauge to be always full and so on, this is a place where you can try out any situation you like. Aim higher, towards your ideal.

Spoiler

p. 25

Orie

Voice: Hayami, Saori

(picture with Orie gameplay)

(orange on top) "For the sake of one's own justice, wield Ruler!!"

(caption) <- With speed and her weapon's reach, she excels. Use freely the designated weapon "Ruler" and dance beautifully!!

Yang Xiao Long

Voice: Koshimizu, Ami

(picture with team RWBY)

(caption) -> In the original work, wielding gloves with firearms within them, she is a fighter specializing in close combat. How will it be in this title!?

(pink box on left with Blake) "Yang and Blake are free downloads."

The characters introduced this time, Platinum, Kanji, Orie, were announced last week as purchasable content. Although they were previously planned to be paid DLC, don't forget to make plans [reserve in advance?]! As of now, Yang, as well as the already-announced Blake, will be delivered free of charge.

(under Blake) Blake Belladonna

(Bottom black bar)

(Left-most picture) "Survival Mode"

(caption) ^ Fight against the computer to test your own strength and limits in a mode where you fight against all sorts of opponents.

(Middle picture) "Gallery Mode"

(caption) ^ With pictures of each character and such, you can zoom and shrink to see them. You can also see movies you've already seen before.

(Rightmost picture) "Replay Theater"

Character 1: All

Character 2: All

(too fuzzy): All

(too fuzzy): All

001 VS Mode

002 VS Mode

(caption) ^ Online battles and so on that have been recorded can be replayed in this mode. Watch for patterns in matches with your friends, and reflect upon the battle.

(along the bottom)

Collab title (1) "BlazBlue"

Arc System Works' popular series. It expands upon each character's specialization, the unique abilities of their "Drive."

Collab title (2) "Persona 4 Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena" (Persona 4 Arena)

A fighting game (version) of a popular RPG made with the strongest combination, Atlus x Arc. Charming action gathered around the power of one's own Persona.

Collab title (3) "Under Night In Birth"

Painting the story of those holding a power known as "EXS." Includes a special system that can turn the tide of battle in an instant.

Collab title (4) "RWBY"

An animated work from America in full 3DCG. A girl who admires heroes, Ruby Rose is the center of the action that unfolds.

EDIT: Not sure why half of it is strikthroughed. I can't seem to get rid of it. Sorry.

EDIT 2: David Vincent is back as Jin!

Well, all good news for role reprisals, lol. And some good info shared lately, either way, another ArcLive US Stream with D-Piddy with guest VampyBitMe today/tonight at 5 PST. Do/Don't expect much of the same old stuff we've already heard, but hopefully more accurate info would be great.

From what it looks like, we won't be getting story mode portraits like we've been getting in BB up til now, which is fine I guess. Its not nearly as necessary as the dub, but it would help with context or comedic stuff. 

EDIT: Scratch that, in one of the screen shots, Ragna's expression is different. So the base character portraits are getting expression tweaks, at the very least.

I already see people talking about the lack of an Arcade Mode.

My guess is the Episode Mode could be this game's Arcade Mode.  Sorta how Blazblue's Arcade Mode is with the story elements.

Well, for those interested and in the Cali area, or wishing to fly there and test it out, BBTAG's gonna be playable at this year's Anime Ascension! I know I'm going, cause I waiting to see if they were gonna have this playable or not.

Since it is, expect anything to test around and such from myself, and possibly others.

30 minutes ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Aegis, Carmine, and Jubei for second DLC pack.

I didn't expect a single one of these in the next pack. Pretty cool choices I think.

8 hours ago, Steve-Fiction said:

I didn't expect a single one of these in the next pack. Pretty cool choices I think.

I had Carmine being one of the 40, possibly being revealed today on a bet I had w/ a buddy.  I also thought Jubei had a strong chance to be in the 40, but definitely didn't see him getting revealed this early. 

Aigis?  Wouldn't have guessed at all that she'd be in the 40.  Really surprised a non-Investigation Team character got revealed this early/at all.

Yeah, unexpected, but that's how it is, anyways, the game has also now been announced for EU/PAL regions none other by the usual publisher P-Qube. All but beyond a "Summer 2018" release timeframe, however, if its anything like previous ASW releases, probably within the same week as the NA/US version. As UNIEL was released same day for NA/EU.

Well, anyways, besides that, not only is BBTAG going to be playable at Anime Ascension in California, 2 other locations across the US will have it on the same weekend (March 31st-April 1st). Anime Boston in Boston, Mass. and Sakura-Con in Seattle, Washington. For the EU crowd, it will be playable at Bavaria Burst in Munich next weekend (March 23rd-25th).

Anyways, BBurst2 has already passed, this weeks events are live, I'll be down at A.A., and getting as much notes on the game as I can. More to follow...

I'm super excited about Naoto.  She seemed like a given if we expected ASW to have all of the investigation team in the game, but after Aigis was announced, I guess all bets were off.  I liked Vatista announced as well, tho I don't plan to play her.  Hakumen is cool, i figured he was a shoe-in.  

Welp, haven't went back down to this in a while, either way, lots has happened since then, and to the posts above, the beta has now since ended. And is now a demo depending how you got it.

Will add the additional info in the first post. BBTAG is getting close.

Seeing as there still isn't any character forums for BBTAG and that this the most relevant thread for this info, I'll post this right here (though mods are free to delete this if game play analysis doesn't belong in a news thread). Just some stuff I found about the P4 cast while playing the beta.

Yu Narukami's revolver action (or P combo as they called it in P4A) is surprisingly similar to what he had in P4AU. He can cancel 4A (old 5A) to 2A and back (or vice versa) and still continue on.

EX: 4A > 2A > 4AAA > Light Zio.

He can then move on to his old heavy chain of 2B to 5A (old 5B) to 5AA (old 5C). The difference now is that the heavy loop is like his light loop so 5A can go to 2B and back (or vice versa) but now if you try 5AA to 2B to 5AA again, only the 5A will come out. It appears Narukami is restricted to one 5AA per string like his 5AAA (old 2C).

EX: 5A > 2B > 5AAA > Heavy Swift Strike.                        EX: IAD j.5AA > 4A > 2A > 4AA > 5A > 2B > 5AAA > Heavy Swift Strike. (Assists can extend this, Resonance Blaze allows for Super ender)

As far as I can tell, the only changes to his revolver action is that 4AAA (his old last auto combo normal P4A or his Shadow's last auto combo normal in P4AU) is now placed within the same chamber as his 5BB (old 5DD) (old 2D was also in the same chamber but is no longer usable as a normal, only as an assist, which is his back assist, or 4P), his 5AA is now in the same chamber as his 5AAA, and that 2C (his old 2AB) is now the last normal in his string (couldn't be used once he began using persona normals and could only cancel into 2D).

TL;DR: The revolver actions of Persona characters is largely the same as it was in P4AU, only now they can still do sweep after doing their last auto combo normal and sweep is the very last normal you can cancel into in a single string. Minor changes exist between characters but this holds true for the most part.

I was mad excited when the game was announced, then super skeptical when playing it, No Tao, and the Blazblue cast were like someone rearranged my entire house, but Ruby/Weiss cured my skepticism, then Chie's HERCULEAN, sold the game to me.

For anyone interested in the Persona 4 cast, I just finished tips and trick videos for Chie and Yukiko for BB Cross Tag.  I wasn't sure where else to put this so if theres a better place or a thread shows up in the future feel free to move this or remove it:

I may do more if I can find the time, next would be Ruby/Weiss
Critique is welcome Id like to up my video editing game.

Hope you guys enjoy the game during official release.

DLC packs 2 & 3 are coming June 19th, announced via Arc System Works USA's stream at Wednesday Night Fights.

DLC Pack 2: Jubei, Aigis, Carmine

DLC Pack 3: Hakumen, Naoto Shirogane, Vatista

As a PC player, I didn't have the month head start, so I kinda based my team off streams and vids.  But now, starting to re-think my team.  I'll probably stick w/ Chie+Hyde til 6/19.  I was already really looking forward to Vatista and Naoto and will try them out.  Both look really nice based off what little I've seen.

But anyway, how are you guys feeling about your teams?  Did you make any changes?  Any disappointments?  Pleasant surprises?