Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spud

Tekken 6

I guess for everyone new to Tekken, Tekken's combo counter will count not-combos.

I guess for everyone new to Tekken, Tekken's combo counter will count not-combos.

I always found that incredibly strange for Tekken and never really questioned why its like that.

But yea most of Tekken's stuff has holes in it anyway, just usually hard to catch those holes once its started.

I always found that incredibly strange for Tekken and never really questioned why its like that.

But yea most of Tekken's stuff has holes in it anyway, just usually hard to catch those holes once its started.

Not reeeeaally. Most of the moves are super telegraphed anyways, so if you stand back juuust enough, you're sure to catch someone, then that can lead to B! combos, which leads to legit big damage.

I suppose. Rage mode is just kinda moronic imo. Seems to be a trend in fighting games, letting the losing person have some epic comeback via some other mechanic that rewards you for getting punched in the mouth repeatedly. In which that 1 big combo they may get off that might normally do a large chunk of your health now ends up killing you. Its nitpicking but I am kind of getting tired of the companies giving people a extra "boost" (SF Ultras, Tekken Rage mode, even BB heat gain when near death though that isn't as bad but still applies) for sucking so hard. Only thing to do now is practice, practice, practice. Raven changed a little bit since I picked him up in Tekken 5. I like him a bit better in 6 and I have yet to come across another Raven player in both ranked and player matches yet O_o

Tekken 6 analysis after 1 day of playing:

Offline mode is good, complaints of Azazel (sp?) being cheap is largely unfounded and honestly had more trouble with Jin in arcade mode.

Online mode is mixed bag. When it isn't lagging, its ok, but when it does lag (which is often) is UGH!!!! I'll have lag happen with full green bar connections =/. Which rather sucks with Raven since some of his inputs have to be spot on to cancel some of his kicks into a high/low mix up or when I try to input a move that requires 2 buttons to continue w/e string I'm in and it reads only 1 button, and I get squarely punched in the mouth for it.

Also on the 10 hit combos, if you catch someone and go all the way with it, they are really high damaging. But it seems like there are "holes" in some of these combos (which makes them not really combos) and offline I can get to the 8th or 9th hit consistently with Raven. Online I can barely make it to the 4th =/

IIRC, the top-tier in this game is Lars. Also, Dragunov is upper-mid now. :kitty:

Also, the best way to know if your combos are actually legit is to go into Training and turn on the "Stand To Block" option. The CPU will eat your first hit and then block after any holes.

After ~15 hours of practice (mainly on PSP DR), I've finally mastered all of King's chain grabs. Sort of.

Now, I've just got to find a way to make sure they don't get broken. :gonk:

=/ Mexican Magma Driver combos are useless since you can mash 1 and get away with just 2 grabs being done.

Rolling Death Cradle suffers from much of the same. All that effort, and all they do is mash to escape.

Go for the obscene combos that he has that end early but give you escapes like 1+2. There's one chain in MMD that ends in Samurai Rock, USE IT. Nobody who is mashing will escape it.

Best chain grab he has probably is ultimate tackle, leg stretch, Ultimate STF. Very easy to do(not online...) and does a good amount of damage. They can't do anything drastic to you unless you punch before hand and they reversal it until they are on top.

I am not getting Tekken 6 till Christmas, although I did borrow it for the weekend. Hopefully the lag will be gone when I get it. _____ BB main: :RA::JI: Sub: :NO:

So is the lag like playing kof12 online? I just bought it on friday and while I own t5DR on the ps3 I didn't give it alot of playtime. Haven't had much playtime with it and most of the time spent on it was against my friends who are pretty good at Tekken. Thinking about maining Raven and/or Lili.

Awesome, won the gamestop Tekken 6 tournament thing, got a free shirt. Though I might as well have been playing babies. The 3 other people that showed up were a joke. D:

=/ Mexican Magma Driver combos are useless since you can mash 1 and get away with just 2 grabs being done.

I can't test it right now, but do the grabs which have more than one command change breaks when you change inputs? If so, my King just got about 10x scarier. If not, I just wasted a lot of time in Training mode...

Also, this:

Posted Image

I got it the day it came out :3 maining Lili~ <3 I love her. But ughh x-x my Xbox won't read the disk (or any of my other games) so I'm probably just going to buy a new 360 :/ I've only gotten to play the game a couple times since it came out Dx sad panda but when I played online it was terribly laggy....

So is the lag like playing kof12 online? I just bought it on friday and while I own t5DR on the ps3 I didn't give it alot of playtime. Haven't had much playtime with it and most of the time spent on it was against my friends who are pretty good at Tekken. Thinking about maining Raven and/or Lili.

Nowhere near like KoF12 lag. So you can breathe that sigh of relief. SNK set the bar REALLY low for netcodes with that

As far as Raven goes, he has an extremely good high/low game but he tends to get out ranged by quite a few characters and some of his stand alone lows are fairly slow.

game is awesome, having a blast with is but dying horribly on nightmare train and I refuse to use anyone else besides Lili to complete it D:

My only gripe with this game is that they changed the voice actors on some of the characters :mad: Bryan doesn't sound as psycho as he used to be, and I can't believe they took out the laugh on his square (1) taunt :vbang: And yoshi's new voice is so soft a can't even hear it over the background. Other than that, the game is damn awesome.

My only gripe with this game is that they changed the voice actors on some of the characters :mad:

Bryan doesn't sound as psycho as he used to be, and I can't believe they took out the laugh on his square (1) taunt :vbang:

And yoshi's new voice is so soft a can't even hear it over the background.

Other than that, the game is damn awesome.

My interest in Bryan died when I used his new WS2, f_b2. The awesome laugh is gone... :gonk:

I'm sad, I haven't been able to touch my 360 since the day Tekken 6 came out. :(

EDIT:

I can't test it right now, but do the grabs which have more than one command change breaks when you change inputs? If so, my King just got about 10x scarier. If not, I just wasted a lot of time in Training mode...

I just found out that they do change the break input. Muahahahahaha!!!

i like this game,combos are incredibly easy,but the graphics arent so great.my friend told me hd makes it look much better.but until i see it in hd it just looks ugly to me.

i like this game,combos are incredibly easy,but the graphics arent so great.my friend told me hd makes it look much better.but until i see it in hd it just looks ugly to me.

easy combos? Lets see you do CH d/f+2, EWGF launch with consistency

easy combos? Lets see you do CH d/f+2, EWGF launch with consistency

with who?

i don't want to use anyone besides asuka.

i don't even understand what you've type there.

with who?

If you don't even understand the general terminology, then how are you saying the combos are easy? Chances are you don't know any real ones. :8/:

So far its a ok game, its definitely the grandest of the tekkens. Plus idk if I'm the only one to notice that they took a lot of ideas from the SC4 team. The whole buying an item 6 times to have all the colors of it sucks. I like some of the new moves for certain characters (steve, christie, dragunov). Al around I think its a good game, but they seriously need 2 patch that 2P custom shit >.<

If you don't even understand the general terminology, then how are you saying the combos are easy? Chances are you don't know any real ones. :8/:

Throwin' out dem 10 hit combos, like a bawss.

with who?

Asuka's combos are super-easy mode. As in, I mastered her combos in like 15 minutes my first time ever playing her. Other characters have a lot more execution involved in their combos, and some have to shift between multiple stances and phases and all kinds of stuff. Tekken combos are pretty hard.

To learn the basic terminology and stuff: here or here

btw CH d/f+2, EWGF launch is with Kazuya.