Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spud

Tekken 6

I know what you mean, I'll admit I get angry/pissed too, but I guess I just find it weird people can't let it go. I usually just let the anger out and then would respond, not take my loss out on them.

No man, it's with every game. I get pissed when I let myself get cheesed out, but I'm pretty quick to drop it, hahah.

Oh, their moves are almost exactly the same, and most of the old-school DR combos still work. It's just, the new ones are a little better. So, learning a character in T5 will be well worth your time. No need to worry. ;)

Thank you Johnny, you've been a Hell of a guy to say the least (What I mean to say is, you've been really helpful as far as my visit to this site goes, we should grab a beer XD) But in all seriousness, I think I will take my time in learning him then. Thanks very much ^^ Got any tips for me or videos you can share?

The first thing you want to do is just run through your entire moveset in Training. Make note of moves that are really fast and moves that NC (Natural combo, or strings that combo on normal hit; just remember that the combo counter tends to count things that aren't combos). Also, make sure to become familiar with your mids and lows. Once you are familiar with the character, I would reccommend watching pro match videos for tricks and visiting the appropriate Tekken Zaibatsu forum for combos and tips. EDIT: It takes a lot of work to learn characters in Tekken. :eng101:

Until the lag clears up, some cases of kick spamming or throw spamming in Tekken can be considered cheap for some characters.

Tekken has typically had a large window for throw breaking, in lag, forget it unless you are a psychic.

As far as the kicks go, it depends on the character your picking and who you are up against. Normally a kick spammer gets trashed by anyone with a clue, but in lag, that same kick spammer can get away with stuff since the lag makes what is normally VERY unsafe (which most of the kick spammers are) into something that actually gives them frame advantage.

I don't play online for Tekken. Ever.

Real people, face to face.

I don't play online for Tekken. Ever.

Real people, face to face.

Well if the netcode clears up then I'll show up on Tekken online again.

However in the meantime, I've been playing locally via a gaming cafe we have here. So far I'm the best that has shown up there as far as Tekken goes, but no one has shown up that isn't just casual level yet either.

So how good I actually am in comparison to the hardcore area is yet to be seen. Hopefully they'll let me get a tourney going for both BB and Tekken. I've been looking to create a scene and common meeting area for both games since everyone is so scattered out here.

Your skills in 5 or DR should transfer pretty smoothly to 6 as soon as you get used to the new system/moves/whatever else might give you a little bit of trouble.

Zafina (and Alisa if I remember) is bottom-tier because her stuff can be ridiculous to connect, especially in mid-fight. But Tekken 6 is really well-balanced and every character is tournament-viable so it's not all bad, dontchaknow

Alisa is good. Most say at least mid-tier, some even think high tier, mostly due to her better than average movement.

And yeah, it's pretty balanced. It also has a large as hell cast with a massive amount of moves, so it's more your opponent than the character. I think a Wang player was part of the winning Japanese team.

OK, I'm having trouble seeing these, but I spot a Ragna and someone who looks suspiciously like Grant. Who is the guy on the left? I can't wait 'till I get my 360 back (It has been two blasted weeks!); I wanna make me some custom characters too.

i believe that its Gato from the Green Hornet... shit i realized that im old :/

I like dragunov so far, he has good mix ups. And he can chain a lot. Only thing I hate is that his doa counterpart (only other sambo fighter) has a gud amount of chain throws and ground grabs. Give Dragun either if not both of those n I will jizz myself :-x Do any of u guys play @ CTF? I heard abt this Fab guy, anyone played him?

I really love the changes they made to Chreddy. Really solid mixups now, and even has some half-decent evasionary tactics.

OK, I'm having trouble seeing these, but I spot a Ragna and someone who looks suspiciously like Grant. Who is the guy on the left?

I can't wait 'till I get my 360 back (It has been two blasted weeks!); I wanna make me some custom characters too.

The Raven is supposed to be Joe Musashi. Hecatom got my Law right.

@ Hammerfist: I can't tell if that's a shy-guy or arakune (I kno its arakune) As for T6 being bad eh idk, it cud have been better. I haven't really played a tekken since 4 (I literally used 2 just play them once a month) so idk how well the transition from 5/5DR - T6 is. I do know one thing, it needs 2p custom. If soulcalibur (kinda) and VF (amazingly) can do it, why can't tekken? They had it in 5, why drop it?

@ Hammerfist: I can't tell if that's a shy-guy or arakune (I kno its arakune)

As for T6 being bad eh idk, it cud have been better. I haven't really played a tekken since 4 (I literally used 2 just play them once a month) so idk how well the transition from 5/5DR - T6 is. I do know one thing, it needs 2p custom. If soulcalibur (kinda) and VF (amazingly) can do it, why can't tekken? They had it in 5, why drop it?

Becuase this game introduced online play; Namco probably figured that most people wouldn't play offline, so they cut the 2P custom feature.

Little do they know, online play hasn't replaced offline play just yet.

Well its kinda true, only issue is they did online badly. Had tey done it well they would have been correct. I agree offline is still big but most main stream gamers (non-hardcore) are online junkies. Even I struggle with offline.

I think it's just inexcusable to have bad online. Even among hardcore players, online is a great resource to learn with/from others. Plus not everyone has an offline scene.

I just hope they patch it soon, my copy is gonna start collecting dust... and the current people I meet with in my scene are mediocre at best so yeah fix it Bamco...

Is that just ur area or the whole PA scene? I would host something but my crib is small, a mess, n not run by me -_- I started playing with my wang, he's pretty easy to use :-D (intentional)

Is that just ur area or the whole PA scene?

Nah just the current people I meet up with, I know one whose good with Steve and another dude who has a decent King, my bro's King is pretty good as well, and not to bitch but I would go out to play against better people but I don't have a car lol...

Same for me man, anything outside of nyc is far for me. Lol. My bro has a good king too. Pretty annoying one too. I miss using steve :'(

If I had a nickle for every time I've heard someone say how they have a brother/friend who's pretty good with king..

If I had a nickle for every time I've heard someone say how they have a brother/friend who's pretty good with king..

Lol I know I guess siblings have a thing for King, I never really cared for the guy imo...

Lol well my bro is older then me n has been using king since T1. I guess king is that stepping stone 4 everyone. Lol. I have stepped on him quite a lot :-D all I know is if I give my bro 1 grab I'm done :'( taught me good keep away. My mom always hated King saying "mexicans aren't built like that!" lmao

OMG, the PSP port is amazing!

The graphics are a little better than DR on PSP, the sound is great, Azazel is annoying, the text is visible, the load times are really short, and the things they cut back on didn't really matter (character models on fight load screen, Scenario Campaign, etc.).

The story mode is just like in DR (a storyboard intro, a few random fights, a few preset fights, ending CG movie), except it is really short. Dragunov's was only 4 fights.

Now, I may just be on 360 withdrawal, but if online play doesn't matter to you, I'd definitely recommend this over the 360 version.