Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blade

Guilty Gear: The Missing Link [Reboot Thread]

Since GG1 (I call it GGTML) was announced for PS4/Steam/Nintendo Switch, I figured we should AT LEAST have a thread about it.

Whether it's news updates or just overall a review of the old gameplay (however ridiculous that might sound), we can talk about it here.

Based on the ARCLive Stream clips so far, it's HD, so that will make things interesting.  No idea if it has Netplay, but if it's on Switch, I don't see why it wouldn't (which would be an interesting twist).

If someone wants to make a Discord room for this game, that can happen once we know more about it.

Anyway: stuff you might want to know:

Holding Respect while Blocking = Faultless Defense

Up Button + Respect from Knockdown = Recovery

Taunt in the Air = Air Turn (similar to GG Isuka)

Special Move Input + Respect = Charge Attack (Axl, Justice, and Testament don't have charge moves though, so they can't charge cancel).

If you lose 50% Health (Yellow Lifebar) = Unlimited Chaos Attacks/Overdrive moves, highly spammable.

If you get a running start you can "Crash" in to your opponent using a Breaker Dash (like EX Order Sol), though I think it's Meter-dependent.  Crash moves have an OTG relaunch ability (like Chipp's).

Certain moves can cause Dust on counterhit, and other moves can buffer Instant Kill state on counterhit as well (Testament had a few normal like this).

Instant Kill state (Red screen) is basically like "Danger Time", you have to input 214+any or 236+any to do an IK or evade one, though if you evade it certain stuff happens.

Sometimes evading puts you in a different position on the stage, and can put you in the corner.

Certain versions of this game are buggy (I've seen Ky perform his IK full screen distance away not touching his opponent), not sure if that will be fixed (though I haven't seen many bugs in the Japanese version of GG1 so you never know).

That's it for now.