Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

11/15/09 - Workcraft presents: Bang the Island 2 - Hempstead (LI), NY

Yo all. Sorry for a delay in posting the tourny, lots of work at school + I got sick so I couldn't even look to go to a gathering past weekend. Yes I am aware this is a Sunday. Anyway, on to the tournament stuff. Location: The Hofstra University Game room. The Game Room is located to the left and down the stairs from the main entrance to the Student Center. If you have trouble finding it, you can call me, If you have doubts before hand, PM me for my phone number. Driving: Google/mapquest. Hofstra is in Nassau county if prompted. Train: Local stations on the LIRR include Hempstead and Mineola. If you plan to get in this way, get my number, so I can get you a ride from the station to Hofstra. If you are lucky, there may be a free blue school bus to Hofstra from Mineola, though they may ask for Hofstra ID. Time: Registration starts at 1:00. Street Fighter IV is at 2:00. (By popular demand...what's a Blazblue?) Guilty Gear XX AC is at 3:00. (YEAH!) Tekken 6 is at 5:00. (New to my life in general, T6 makes the scene). Fees and Prizes: Entry into all singles tournies is $10. Team tournament is $5 per person. Venue fee is $5. Venue discounts for bringing shit include: Console+game - $2 Venue fee. TV, Console, and game - NO Venue fee. Please tell me if you plan on bringing such equipment. - I will still apply discounts if they are unused, because I appreciate effort BONUS VENUE FEE DISCOUNT: If you drive people more than 20 minutes away here, you will get $1 off for each extra person in your car. Prize pots are 60/30/10. Unless someone makes otherwise, the tournament will be PS3/PS2 by default, as that is what I have. I will try to get my capture card fixed or something before the tourny. No guarantees. Show support - get hype!

Hm...seems kinda expensive. Chinatown is cheaper :-p plus the $10 for tourny thing means imaprolly do 1 @ most :'(

tournament not really but going there kinda, especially if u are young like me. I CANT DRIVE ITS SO UNFAIR

I apologize, but I have business to do Saturday for a friend. And I wanted to get in one more in December at some point before my semester is up but not have it come in too late. I just can't seem to win, some people want Sunday, some want Saturday tourny :psyduck: And I'm going to ask around some local peeps if they're still even interested in BB. If not, I probably will swap it for SFIV.

Generalized subliminal statements from a sour-patch kid matter even less...

lol Biscuits is right man. I'm not even polling cause random people can just vote. That ain't right. Unless this is the debut of the EX Slayer....

bring the memory card

For wii as well? :kitty:

Last month I had a good idea of what I was up against, and this time around I hope I'm better prepared. I also hope to bring some members of my crew along as well. Mahouko you and your Buri better be ready for an epic and long awaited rematch.

Last month I had a good idea of what I was up against, and this time around I hope I'm better prepared. I also hope to bring some members of my crew along as well.

Mahouko you and your Buri better be ready for an epic and long awaited rematch.

alright, DUEL 2 LETS ROCK!

oh just asking. DaiandOh is it possible for you to make it the Saturday of the 15ths week, or is the 15 the latest u can host a tourney?