Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10stars

[CS1] Bang Changes and Video Discussion Thread

It was 5A 5B 2B FRKZ 2C (6-dash cancel?) 5D 9-dash j.D 2-dash 2B 6C 9-dash j.B j.D (like the old ones). However Dora did the j.B too soon and fell too early and does 5D immediately when hitting the ground, but he makes it up for his j.B juggling into super crash. Fucking sexy.

I'm assuming FRKZ doesn't add to combo timer now seeing as the 2B 6C didn't invalidate the combo. More sex.

It looks like Dora was going for 5A 5B 2B FRKZ 2C 5D 9-dash j.D 2-dash 2B 6C 9-dash jB j.D 2-dash j.D 2C or some shit.

edit:

Saw Masutani's meterless throw combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd9WQyiPH3A#t=3m30s

Grab 236B cancel (to land faster) d.5C 6A 623B 5D j.B j.4C dj j.4C j.C - 2.9k damage

It was 5A 5B 2B FRKZ 2C (6-dash cancel?) 5D 9-dash j.D 2-dash 2B 6C 9-dash j.B j.D (like the old ones). However Dora did the j.B too soon and fell too early and does 5D immediately when hitting the ground, but he makes it up for his j.B juggling into super crash. Fucking sexy.

I'm assuming FRKZ doesn't add to combo timer now seeing as the 2B 6C didn't invalidate the combo. More sex.

It looks like Dora was going for 5A 5B 2B FRKZ 2C 5D 9-dash j.D 2-dash 2B 6C 9-dash jB j.D 2-dash j.D 2C or some shit.

edit:

Saw Masutani's meterless throw combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd9WQyiPH3A#t=3m30s

Grab 236A cancel (to land faster) d.5C 6A 623B 5D j.B j.4C dj j.4C j.C looks like 2.7k. Can't tell the video quality doesn't let me see the #. It doesn't look like 3.7k just because of the health bar.

Was 2.9 something, went to 3k with the B nail.

Good videos k4polo. Bang ditto was really good. Anyway, something I've noticed. On oki I've seen Bangs do 2A 5B as an option select. 2A hits if they don't tech, if they tech in place, then 5B hits. Nothing too new from those vids, but awesome matches.

Of course, that doesn't account for DP, so it's far from failproof like Jin's 5B in CT

Don't worry. 2A clashes with Inferno Divider. LOL. Haven't been able to replicate it since but it was probably the best thing I've ever seen in my life.

Don't worry. 2A clashes with Inferno Divider. LOL. Haven't been able to replicate it since but it was probably the best thing I've ever seen in my life.

... :yaaay:

But that doesn't solve the current predicament of whiffing a 5B through inferno dividah :v:

both 5B and jD are faster sooo timing is probably harder with the jD. stuff like this iss ssooooo unneccesary with CS Bang. once you play you'll know what i mean lol. so to answer your question yes possible,

You guys are killing me, check the context. :v: The thing was, you can option select a 2A 5B and it will cover most non-neutrals+combo and also hit him after he techs if you blackbeated the previous combo, and also be too fast for a neutral tech to punish it. I'm saying he could probably inferno dividah through the blackbeat-tech, which breaks the foundation of the option select on any character with an air DP (Besides, it will only matter against one character lol)

CTF has it! :eng101: My notes! :eng101: Sorry if some are repeats from info though. *some kind of illegible picture of curse words and Hakumen's sword and projectile barrier* 2a gets repeated one more time and then between the 2nd and 3rd one you have a delay shorter than CT, but not instant. 3rd and 4th are instant, etc. D moves are not very safe, barely at all (except maybe j. D?), but as stated, improved speed and I think GPs. 2D has less tech time, and maybe 5d as well. The new super 236236d kinda seems...eh. I guess as a reversal from some angles, as a finisher, and it does takes a primer. SO EASY, getting a 2b after the 623b. Kids, I had trouble with it, no problem now! 623b feels like less recovery. No problems with Daifunka as well. 6c into 623b seems kinda tricky, I think maybe start it earlier? 6d looking kinda ehhhh. Best use I thought up for on the train was 6d, 623b, 236236d for a 3 primer blockstring. If they block the 6d that is. 3c is still unsafe as crap. Man all our Guardprimer moves gotta be so eh? But I think it's easier to combo out of? j. 4b...odd to get used to, especially during FRKZ. Speaking of FRKZ, it controls the same. Still can barrier too, even after a burst yays ^_^. 6a jc on block? Was that in CT? Could be sexy for pressure and mixups. Oh and we can actually hurt people. Yay! :yaaay: Overall, I think people were kinda overreacting to Bang's buffs (and Dora OWNAGE). I think he won't be S tier, but solid A. If he turns out S, he would have developed some sort of new thing, because his current tools are strong but not bullshit by any means.

6d looking kinda ehhhh. Best use I thought up for on the train was 6d, 623b, 236236d for a 3 primer blockstring. If they block the 6d that is.

Can't JC 6D on block anymore, and I kinda doubt they'll get hit by the Ashura after 623B.

oooo right, not on block *smack*. But 623b 236236d is just for taking primers off safely, not for damage. I mean if they only have 3 left somehow or something. Damn though, no move that takes primer off that goes into grounded 623b.

jD is only safe on block if they are crouching. Ashura is godly... not only is it a completely safe unpunishable anti air/dp. it punishes TECH ROLLS!!!!!!!. having people in the corner on the ground is like a guarenteed ashura :D if someone rolls, Ashura Immediately!!!! also i comboed of a dnail into ashura when the oppenent was high in the air, lots of wake up ashuras and one anti air ashura aganist a good tsubaki.. FRKZ works the same, invincibility loss on dashes just means your not running circles on anybody anymore. Nails are harder to throw due to the lack of tk nails in frkz. or maybe thats my bad habit. i rarely used daifunka unless i landed CH 5B 2B 6C JD 6A 623B super. ashura does low damage but is still probably bang's best super in my view (sooo many won matches) i even did the double ashura after the first missed and it worked. Ashura loses to hazama's astral btw one more thing, bangs astral is not as easy as imagined, barely pulled it off in matches. if i get the excution for that there might be some good unblockable setups while the opponent is in the corner. it comes out really slow so you have to be clever about it. all in all, i'm mostly defintely not the best bang player, but i sure felt like it after playing CS bang........ I think ashura is pretty broken even if it takes 50 heat and does crappy damage. oh i wasn't playing with scrubs too if thats the thought lol. washington blazblue scene is intense lol. Bang is S tier right now for sure but i'm confident people will find stuff that will make the other characters better. Bang feels like Ragna on crack with nails, autoguarding and manliness. ASHURA is the best thing about CS EVERRRRR beating jin senseless made my day :D

6c into 623b seems kinda tricky, I think maybe start it earlier?

j. 4b...odd to get used to, especially during FRKZ.

Overall, I think people were kinda overreacting to Bang's buffs (and Dora OWNAGE). I think he won't be S tier, but solid A. If he turns out S, he would have developed some sort of new thing, because his current tools are strong but not bullshit by any means.

6C into 623B from what? If you're talking about the dash 6C after 2B/6A > 623B it's iffy on 6C timing. You should cancel immediately into 623B. If not then idk.

j.4B does take some getting use to but now if I were to play CT I would be like WTF where's my j.4B?! j.4C also takes some getting use to.

My personal opinion on the Bang tier is that he will be the lowest among top tier, if that makes sense. Litchi is pretty much the top in my book then Ragna. They both have good abare and both have really good damage compared to everyone else. Ragna has a 4.5k combo in the corner with no meter or needing any special counter hits. It doesn't even have to start in the corner as long as Berial Edge takes you there, and besides that his BnB damage ranges from 2.8k to 3.5k and gives him decent health back. Litchi of course has about 3k avg damage and can get up to 4k+ on counter hits. Also Carl is pretty good but I really don't have any first hand experience with Carl in CS since the Carl player here switched to Hazama.

CTF has it!? What's the price and everything? I gotta check it out.

Although the arcade location thread should have updated, $1 2/3 rounds.

Although the arcade location thread should have updated, $1 2/3 rounds.

Eww... So it's the CT prices. Gay... 3/5 would be better for $1 but w/e... They're making money off of it :(

I'll wait for UP or see what 8OTB's setup is like in Jersey. I know it's $0.75 per play, but dunno what the rounds look like, etc. Sounds better than CTF's already, though I'm pretty sure they use HAPP parts :(

Well I think I mostly got the basic hand of the new Bang finally. Feels good.

Some new Dora content

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qh3EoFc8dE&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y_JBHXb4_k&feature=channel

Hmmm, I wonder what are Bang's true bnbs. They must vary too depending on position.