Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10stars

[CS1] Bang Discussion and Question Thread

lol zeth then you'd only have 3 seals.

And yeah it's good practice to always delay 6C but on those two characters it seems to make little difference. Guess I'll just try that 2B thing

Well he did say "more stylish" so I thought i'd mention that ender as well lol. Although I have seen videos of I believe it was "Den" one of the yellow Bangs who actually went for a TK'd Bumper mix-up off that 6D as well. I do like me some bumpers.

So what's a good setup to go for on oki with Bang? I was fighting a Ragna today that would run up in the corner and do 2B and it'd hit me either direction I rolled, was wonder if Bang had something like that as well? Any sort of option select that covers all bases?

As a rule of thumb, what do you guys generally do with your oki?

Also on pressure, what should bang do to keep people from jumping out? Namely after 2B I would sometimes go for jump resets and the guy was always trying to jump out, and I wasn't having much success other than a really early j.C, and 2C sometimes catching him out of his jump start up. Does he have any other good options in this situation?

One last question (sorry I know its a lot, just started bang in CS and am playing catchup), generally what are the best command grab setups? 5A and 2A seemed ok but if they jump out I wasn't sure what to do, maybe 5C? I could TK the air command grab but I feel retarded guessing with that.

So what's a good setup to go for on oki with Bang? I was fighting a Ragna today that would run up in the corner and do 2B and it'd hit me either direction I rolled, was wonder if Bang had something like that as well? Any sort of option select that covers all bases?

As a rule of thumb, what do you guys generally do with your oki?

Also on pressure, what should bang do to keep people from jumping out? Namely after 2B I would sometimes go for jump resets and the guy was always trying to jump out, and I wasn't having much success other than a really early j.C, and 2C sometimes catching him out of his jump start up. Does he have any other good options in this situation?

One last question (sorry I know its a lot, just started bang in CS and am playing catchup), generally what are the best command grab setups? 5A and 2A seemed ok but if they jump out I wasn't sure what to do, maybe 5C? I could TK the air command grab but I feel retarded guessing with that.

-To my knowledge I don't think Bang has anything that has some sort of "tracking", but if they are rolling you could probably just 2A them at least. Or if you think they won't tech you could go into 2B-6C-j.C to reset oki. Sometimes people REALLY don't tech and then you can reset a combo entirely. Bang's 2B might be able to catch people rolling in either direction but you would have to wait it out probably, which in that case it means you could do anything else anyway.

-My oki depends on who I am playing against and trying to read them specifically. Like I said above, there are some people who choose to not tech or tech really late and you gotta adjust to that. Then you have people who neutral or quick (whatever it is) all the time which means you're free to do whatever you want basically. Then you got people who don't block at all and are mashing, or people with DP's. Unless you know for a fact someone will block, I would not go for 5C early in the match, you definitely want to work them into that since people don't like to block and will just mash.

-If you know they are trying to jump out of pressure you can probably go for command grab setups. Or maybe D Nails / 5C depending on the situation. Or even try j.B. Against Arakunes especially you could probably go for jumping command grab setups because they are known to try and jump out every chance they get.

-Tick Command Grab off 5A is pretty useful once you get them blocking. You can get tech traps off Combo into Daifunka>5A>Tech Trap if you guess which way they will tech. Certain combos that allow them to tech near you instead of giving true oki are also pretty useful. Surprisingly the silly quadruple crash combo is one of those combos and I've actually caught people with it after that but you probably don't wanna do that if you're trying to win.

Almost all of that stuff really comes down to who you're playing against and adjusting to how they play and reading them.

It's silly when you guess wrong and ragna punishes you for like 4k+ lol. But oh so satisfying when it works.

Thanks for the tips Zeth.

For the combos that involve d.2D after 623B, how do you know whether to do j.D or sj.D after the d. 2D?

In my opinion you should just sj.D all the time for those combos, simply because you're already at 2 and you're going to 8/9 anyway so it isn't that much harder to input. Doing other combos with sj's is when I start to worry about whether or not I need to do it.

Has anyone considered comboing into FRKZ? Seems ideal to me cause I personally find it way easier to land a hit on someone who's not panicking and spamming random attacks cause I'm in frkz. Not only that but literally EVERYTHING goes into j4C loop. Ex 5B 2B 2C FRKZ 62B j4C loop. And if you have 70 meter you can do the daifunka at the end. Without bursts this is probably all you'd need to kill them once you hit 4 seals. (unless you do 4 seals like a loser but who does that 2 seals is the way to go)

You better not have just called the dacidbro special silly..

Especially not when it's a trap that does 1.8k + 6k with meter :psyduck:

You mean the Kenneth special?

<3

Has anyone considered comboing into FRKZ? Seems ideal to me cause I personally find it way easier to land a hit on someone who's not panicking and spamming random attacks cause I'm in frkz. Not only that but literally EVERYTHING goes into j4C loop. Ex 5B 2B 2C FRKZ 62B j4C loop. And if you have 70 meter you can do the daifunka at the end. Without bursts this is probably all you'd need to kill them once you hit 4 seals. (unless you do 4 seals like a loser but who does that 2 seals is the way to go)

I've done it during combos after a j.D (5B>2B>6C>j.D>FRKZ>) but when I try to go into 2B>j.4C stuff the combos drop. I don't know whether it is because it doesn't work the same or just me not doing the combos right. I can say that I haven't practiced any combos going into FRKZ and continuing so I don't know what I can get away with. I just do it just to do it and think it will work at that given moment without knowing if it is true.

Er slight correction lol. Off that j.D one you can only get 4 j4Cs or else the 623B at the end whiffs. You can get 5 j4Cs off 2C frkz though. Also I just did 3C FC 2B and then 6 j4Cs but I bet 7 or 8 is possible there.

Edit lmao I did j4C CH 6A 2C frkz 2B 5 j4Cs jD 2B 623B daifunka and it did 6520 haha

Empire combo, I was thinking about saving it for a combo video, but it's so funny I gotta share it. Against jumping opponent

j.4C j.623B RC 632146D 4-dash 2D 9-dash j.4C land 8-dash j.4C land 9-dash j.4C land 8-dash j.4C land 9-dash j.4C 9-dash j.4C j.D 2-dash 2B 623B 5D 9-dash j.4C 6-dash j.D 2-dash 5C 2C 6-dash 236236D - 7180, requires 100 meter to start. You build 51 meter from the combo.

edit: found one doing 17 more damage!1!!11

j.4C j.623B RC 632146D 8-dash j.4C land 9-dash j.4C land 8-dash j.4C land 9-dash j.4C land 8-dash j.4C land 9-dash j.4C 9-dash j.4C j.D 2-dash 2B 623B 5D 9-dash j.4C 6-dash j.D 2-dash 5C 2C 6-dash 236236D - 7197, requires 100 meter to start. You build 50 meter from the combo

Been playing since CT as Carl and Tager, now I picked up Bang. So I was reading though the general guide and the combos and the term Oki gets thrown around alot; don't get me wrong I understand what Oki is but as I was reading I didn't really see what we actually go for after a knock down. Anybody have any info on the subject?

For the j.4C FRKZ loop, am I supposed to land naturally or do a 2 dash?

Also, I keep crossing over when doing the 9 dash, do I just need to input j.4C faster?

Sorry to pop a whole new question out of nowhere, but I'm not sure where else to post this question.

Anyhow my question is on 5A and 5B

Ive been playing at the arcades in japan for a while and my 5A keeps getting shut down. I would like to know when im supposed to use my 5A and when to decide to use 5B instead.

I also want to know what bangs anti-air game is. I just cant win against anyone that jumps at me.

Help!!!

Sorry to pop a whole new question out of nowhere, but I'm not sure where else to post this question.

Anyhow my question is on 5A and 5B

Ive been playing at the arcades in japan for a while and my 5A keeps getting shut down. I would like to know when im supposed to use my 5A and when to decide to use 5B instead.

I also want to know what bangs anti-air game is. I just cant win against anyone that jumps at me.

Help!!!

5A should be used for punishing (instant blocks, punishing whiffs if you are close, etc) and sometimes as AA. 5B should be used for most everything else. Spacing, frame traps etc.

example AA combo with 5A: 5A 5B j4C j623B 5B 623B d.6C jD 2B 6C jC

Bang anti air is kind of limited outside of 5A. Try 2D VERY sparingly, and on a yomi'd jump 6C.

5A should be used for punishing (instant blocks, punishing whiffs if you are close, etc) and sometimes as AA. 5B should be used for most everything else. Spacing, frame traps etc.

example AA combo with 5A: 5A 5B j4C j623B 5B 623B d.6C jD 2B 6C jC

Bang anti air is kind of limited outside of 5A. Try 2D VERY sparingly, and on a yomi'd jump 6C.

Ahhh, i see. I've always been charging in trying to get in as close as i can to get them with a 5A.

What should i use for OKI? 5A or 2A? or should i back up and use 5B?

Thank you for the advice :D

You should never not use 5A. You're obviously 5A'n wrong. Push the button harder.

I was wondering why people were slamming the arcade sticks so hard, that makes sense now.

For the j.4C FRKZ loop, am I supposed to land naturally or do a 2 dash?

Also, I keep crossing over when doing the 9 dash, do I just need to input j.4C faster?

You can do either, but I prefer to land naturally since it gives you that needed delay to keep your opponent lower to the ground, therefore more j.4Cs.

Either you need to input j.4C faster, or you need to check your distance for which dash you're using. If you're too close, use an 8-dash instead of a 9-dash, then you can alternate from that.

For AA, most commonly you'll hit one grounded hit (5A, 5B) and then immediately follow with jA jB double palm, or jB double palm. To hit 5A 5B j4C seems ridiculously situational, difficult to confirm. o:

For AA, most commonly you'll hit one grounded hit (5A, 5B) and then immediately follow with jA jB double palm, or jB double palm. To hit 5A 5B j4C seems ridiculously situational, difficult to confirm. o:

^this

for AA, I often do 5A j.AB j.623b 5B 623B etc etc etc.