Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10stars

[CS1] Bang Discussion and Question Thread

He said "some", I think there's merit to that. I do things the Japanese don't, and you can watch me to see some things not to do (like don't not tech grabs).

AND, I invented the Dacidbro cross under, the Japanese picked it up a month later. I can take that to the bank.

I could have sworn it's been there since CT and that Dora did it.

Yo dacid I stole some american combos from u and lol it works online....and some offline.

But I need help getting that damn FRKZ loops down cause I'm all over the place.

Any chance to see a write up?

I could have sworn it's been there since CT and that Dora did it.

o-o wat

Killa; any combo I do can be seen from Nezu, or in my vids. I can run down the inputs a bit later.

ok ill start you off in a lil bit.

bang is a very powerful character this time around but to use this character well is to know what he has in every given moment.

for defense you have guard points and teleports, aa A nails, and D nails.

Block instead as an anti air and 5b as meaty will beat a lot of things out.

there are more things that you can use just find one that fits your playstyle.

his mobility is his best weapon use that shit!

mixup your opponent and keep him guessing on what your going to do,once they are good and scared then you pile on more pressure for your shennanigans to ensue.

use overheads sparingly BUT use them cause i know i can catch somone slipping once ive got them trained to block low. as it can lead to 5k damage and more oki pressure.

learn to bait DPs with bang against people that have em cause this will be a deal breaker cause ragna, jin, makoto, tsubaki, and hazamas super can put you in a bad situation bangs defense isnt all that great so once they have you learn to get out and get back in their face. WUT?

oh and play SMART dont just throw nails away all willy nilly you might need them and you onlu have 12....use it wiseley.

and watch nezu, dora ( before he went stupid), and even some KENNETH play and use it as a buildingblock to your own playstyle. i personally play like dora cause i like to bullshit a lot and usually ends up costing me the match but who cares? im having fun.

fixed for accuracy

you fags need to lay off dora...

2A slide under is soo fucking old, i'll pull out some CT videos if you need proof.

Yeah but it's used like never. If you use it enough to get your opponent scared of teching they're in for a rough time in the corner.

but thats the thing, you use it alot, probably alittle too much.

people can, and will punish you for overusing this gimmick.

but...

just not too many in america

The only way to 'punish' it is not tech, and when people don't tech I just air grab them the first time, then use it less against them.

When I slide under, it's authentic, stronger mix up. I choose to meaty 5A, meaty overhead, meaty command grab, or block.

unless... your giving away your frame advantage and waiting to use those.

You've found me out; cross up oki is IDENTICAL to normal oki except that they also have to read the cross up if they're slamming on reversal

It's just better, if it works.

normal oki works great if you know they are mashing something, i'm not hating on the crossup,

i'm just saying that its kinda gimmicky and that certain people will see it coming and delay their tech.

Just use it less on people who know about it, abuse it on people who don't. And the first time they realize it, you can usually air grab them into the corner for 5k and then stop using it as much. Lol.

He said "some", I think there's merit to that. I do things the Japanese don't, and you can watch me to see some things not to do (like don't not tech grabs).

AND, I invented the Dacidbro cross under, the Japanese picked it up a month later. I can take that to the bank.

You mean, you copied it during my Triple Threat performance, right? BTW Goryus adapted it for use with Bang/Lambda after Triple Threat. Also, our local CT Bang player used it too (Dir En Grey 666 on PSN).

his bang is pretty legit,

and saying you invented an gimmick that every single character with a dash can use,

and that has been used by several other people in CT.

thats just silly. i was actually shown the 2A slide by vet just alittle bit after i met him.