Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soniti

[CS1] Rachel Combos

Has anyone tryed 5b 5cdc 214a dash 3c 214b sj j.2c (drops) djc lvl2 j.2c oki? Does it still work? It's like, my favorite gimmick combo in CT.

Has anyone tryed 5b 5cdc 214a dash 3c 214b sj j.2c (drops) djc lvl2 j.2c oki? Does it still work? It's like, my favorite gimmick combo in CT.

Unless you've somehow discovered how to jump cancel a j.2c in CS, the answer is no. :(

And as Geno pointed out, the pumpkin summon takes too long. 3c (2 hits) 214b might be short enough, but you still run into the j.2c problem.

Unless you've somehow discovered how to jump cancel a j.2c in CS, the answer is no. :(

And as Geno pointed out, the pumpkin summon takes too long. 3c (2 hits) 214b might be short enough, but you still run into the j.2c problem.

Oh, yeah forgot about j.2c not being jc-able. >_> For the first time ever, I wish this game had jump installs.

Hi. I finally did my own damage testing for once. Should have done this long ago.

50% meter, 1 wind

5b 5cdc 236b dash 6a BBL (8 hits) (236a whiff) dash 3c (3 hits) 214c 6c j.c dj j.c j.236a - 4000 dmg

If you don't space 6a BBL correctly (i.e. you only get 4 hits from Rachel), you can only whiff 1 pole in time. Works on everyone.

5b 5cdc 236b dash 6a BBL (10 hits) (236a whiff x2) dash 3c (3 hits) 214c 6c j.c dj j.c j.236a - 4300 dmg

If you do space 6a BBL correctly (i.e. you get 6 hits from Rachel), you can whiff 2 poles in time. Slightly harder.

5b 5cdc 214a dash 5b (236a x2) dash 6a BBL (14 hits) (236a whiff x2) dash 3c (3 hits) 214c 6c j.c dj j.c j.236a - 4300 dmg

The 5b otg does more damage than the 3c otg due to proration and keeps the opponent high enough to whiff two seeds. Frog combo actually does slightly less than the 236b combo when going for BBL.

100% meter, 1 wind

5b 5cdc 236b dash 6a BBL (8 hits) (236a whiff) dash 3c (3 hits) BBL (8 hits) 236a dash 3c (3 hits) 214c 6c j.c dj j.c j.236a - 4800 dmg

5b 5cdc 236b dash 6a BBL (10 hits) (236a whiff x2) dash 3c (3 hits) BBL (12 hits) 236a dash 3c (3 hits) 214c 6c j.c dj j.c j.236a - 5300 dmg

For all of these combos, replace 6c with 3c if you want that knockdown into frog oki. However, you tend to lose a lot of damage.

Better?

5b 2d jc j.b j.a dj j.b j.a j.b j.c 5b 5cdc 236b IAD j.b j.c j.214c land sj.c dj j.c - 1907 dmg

Figure it's worth noting that the 5b doesn't combo into 5cdc if you land the first set of overheads and continue to do the second set (so it's only worth doing the dj j.b j.a j.b j.c if the first j.b j.a is blocked).

Also, I'm pretty sure it's a 2d jc j.a j.b, not a j.b j.a.

Works as 5b jc j.2da j.b dj j.b j.a j.b j.c, as well.

Figure it's worth noting that the 5b doesn't combo into 5cdc if you land the first set of overheads and continue to do the second set (so it's only worth doing the dj j.b j.a j.b j.c if the first j.b j.a is blocked).

Also, I'm pretty sure it's a 2d jc j.a j.b, not a j.b j.a.

Works as 5b jc j.2da j.b dj j.b j.a j.b j.c, as well.

the hell are you talking about? 5B does combo into 5C, 6B doesnt combo into 5C.

i'm pretty sure 5B, 2D, j.B is correct because J.A isnt an over head and thats supposed to be the overhead mix up.

the hell are you talking about? 5B does combo into 5C, 6B doesnt combo into 5C.

i'm pretty sure 5B, 2D, j.B is correct because J.A isnt an over head and thats supposed to be the overhead mix up.

Couldn't get 5cc to combo from 5b after that many hits in the air, but I admit that I haven't been able to test it as effectively as I'd like. If someone else could test that as well, that'd be nice.

Edit: On checking it more, it works if it's changed to 2d j.a j.b JC j.a j.b j.c. Not entirely sure if it was actually dropping on the 5b->5cc or if it was something earlier, now. The blockstring version has been whiffing for me if the first j.b hits (though this is very possibly just dependant on when you do 2d). Haven't made it work starting off of 2b, though. Again, someone else testing this would be nice.

As for the j.b coming before the j.a... 5b 2d j.b j.a has the unfortunate side effect of not being able to reach the opponent if they get knocked back too far by the j.b. You can download the combo video in higher quality to check for yourself. Slow it down and you'll see the j.b come out second.

Edit 2:

On the 6a32147d6c into 1-wind level 3 j.2c, I can confirm that you don't actually need to use 7d. 4d works, as well, though I believe the timing may be a bit (probably significantly) tighter.

5b 5cdc 236b dash 6c j.c j.214c land SJ j.c JC j.c j.236a - 2896 dmg

In the corner, on a non-fully cornered opponent, you can throw into 5cc wallbounce loop without using any wind.

Edit 3:

2 wind variation of a combo. 5b has to be point-blank (or very close to it).

5b 5cdc 236b dash (dash as far forward as possible) 6a632146c dash SJ 8D (lvl 3) j.2c land 236a 3c (2-3 hits) 214c 6c j.c land SJ j.c JC j.c j.236a

Not sure exactly how to get the extra j.c JC j.c j.236a legitly (it can be done, but I'm not sure exactly how).

confirmed this loop works: Generic Launcher, 5B, j.C~2D jc.2C~2D, 5B j.C~2D jc.2C, air combo works. Means if you need that slight gauge increment for lily, you can spend 3 wind to lily off the 2nd lvl 2 j.2c (lol), or just go into an air combo. 2 wind BnB that may work (untested): first lvl 2 jc.2C~2D 5CC B lobelia, dash iris, air combo. same for the corner as well (confirmed: Launch, 5B j.C~2D jc.2C~1D 5CC loop does more damage than going into 5CC loop straightaway. It also sets you up for lily super after if you gain enough heat, for example: ~jc.2C 1D 5CC, 6CC Lily, any finisher. <-- 6CC should work, iirc. With CS Rachel now its way better to combo them towards the corner with a knockdown combo, than giving away a free tech with a subpar damage air combo, hence all the 2D wind :eng101: I combo all the time using at the very least a single lvl 2 jc.2C now off random CH 6A/iris/lobelia,etc launches, its really much better than just dealing out a simple air combo. And I also discovered uses for Tempest. Rachel is getting crazy fun to play :)

Yeah Jason D. Told me you can punish Litchi's Daisharin (flying stick super) with tempest. And I think hazama is really easy to get since he keeps fishing for ouroboros hits. How fast is the retraction on the cancel for his ouroboros? I think if he commits to a pretty long ranged one and you dodge and tempest it should hit.

confirmed this loop works:

Generic Launcher, 5B, j.C~2D jc.2C~2D, 5B j.C~2D jc.2C, air combo works.

Means if you need that slight gauge increment for lily, you can spend 3 wind to lily off the 2nd lvl 2 j.2c (lol), or just go into an air combo.

Some general stuff I've been lazy about posting:

23 meter, 2 wind - 6a 5b JC j.c 2d JC j.2c (land) 5b JC j.c 2d j.2c (land) 6a...

16 meter, 1 wind - 6a 5b JC j.b j.c 2d JC j.2c (land) 6a...

Edit: I think the normal version of the j.2c bounce gains 13 or 14 meter, but I haven't actually bothered going back and checking. :psyduck:

Tried them out with 6a BBL (no followup after BBL) just for some damage values:

2584 off 6a 1 wind

3049 off 6a 2 wind

2550 off 6a 1 wind variation (6a 5b JC j.b j.c 2d JC j.2c (land) 6a BBL)

Mostly what I wanted to point out was that you don't need an extra 2d after your j.2c. You can 5b them before they land, though you may have to superjump to get the followup j.2c to connect.

If you need even more meter, you can probably do a double j.b j.c variation, but I'm guessing the damage on that sucks. You'll only gain an extra 4 meter or so, anyway.

Yeah Jason D. Told me you can punish Litchi's Daisharin (flying stick super) with tempest.

And I think hazama is really easy to get since he keeps fishing for ouroboros hits. How fast is the retraction on the cancel for his ouroboros?

I think if he commits to a pretty long ranged one and you dodge and tempest it should hit.

If he hits D again, it stops and goes back to him. Generally speaking, it will retract before you can hit him with Tempest.

Did manage to punish one of Tager's attacks with Tempest Dahlia's startup invuln (which is like, what, 4 frames... maybe?).

Going to work: here's something to bite on: In/Near corner: 4B (5B/5C) 6CD j.2C A lobelia, link 5AD 5B 5CC etc works. Seems like I can't do 5BD instead of 5AD which my good friend mentioned about in a 4B lobelia loop combo from the mook (ie. j.2C doesn't push me back far enough for A lob to give me leeway in combo stun. Going to figure out if there's a good way to combo off 6C on crouching midscreen without pumpkin. Hmmm.

If you finish it with TK 214c you have enough time to summon pumpkin, or maybe enough time to rush in and J.c J.c J236a.

Just throwing it out there

I've been messing around with this 5b>5cdc>236b>2147c>236c>214c combo for a few hours today and I thought I'd post some things I've noticed/found out about it.

1. It does 2463 damage.

2. You have to be pretty close to your opponent for it to work, otherwise your opponent will tech out before the c lobelia hits. If the opponent techs backwards, theres a chance the c lobelia will hit if they don't air block, but the 214c whiffs.

3. The timing seems pretty tight, so trying to do a 2147c after the c lobelia won't work.

I'd also like to mention that I noticed that during that match against Noel, Matsu was able to move Rachel forward a bit after the 2147c, which I was unable to do (I moved backwards), so that might make the c lobelia hit if your not close to your opponent when you try to do this particular combo. A better player should test it more.

I've been messing around with this 5b>5cdc>236b>2147c>236c>214c combo for a few hours today and I thought I'd post some things I've noticed/found out about it.

1. It does 2463 damage.

2. You have to be pretty close to your opponent for it to work, otherwise your opponent will tech out before the c lobelia hits. If the opponent techs backwards, theres a chance the c lobelia will hit if they don't air block, but the 214c whiffs.

3. The timing seems pretty tight, so trying to do a 2147c after the c lobelia won't work.

I'd also like to mention that I noticed that during that match against Noel, Matsu was able to move Rachel forward a bit after the 2147c, which I was unable to do (I moved backwards), so that might make the c lobelia hit if your not close to your opponent when you try to do this particular combo. A better player should test it more.

Have you tried doing 2147 9/6/3? Might help getting that forward movement.

<5b>5cdc>236b>2147c>236c>214c>

I don't think 236c >214c works, unless you're mentioning j236c (super low air) > land 214c.. this doesn't look legit as well tho.

but...there's a vid of it...:v:

This, and I was able to do it quite a few times, I can try filming it.

Chun@ I'll try it, thanks.

not sure exactly how the forward movement works perhaps he's doing 963214c, but thats a bit of a stretch. :psyduck:

Also, 5b 5cdc 236b IAD j.214c 6c j.c dj j.c does 2900 damage, so I guess this would only be useful for wind regen and the ability to finish the combo on the ground rather than in the air, although it IS flashy as hell which is always nice :yaaay:

But still, do we know if you can add j.c j.c (236a) to the end?

After the 214c after the c lobelia? The opponent is too far away to do it afterwards.

wuku, I think you're forgetting that Rachel can now call the lightning on the Lobelia while it's still a ball in the air. There's no need to wait for it to land anymore. So yes, 236C and then a quick 214C to combo is very possible. And very easy, too.