Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC Combos

FRC with P-K-S instead of K-S-H.

I keep my ring finger a little higher than my FRC fingers and then kinda hit all 4 buttons but not really.

Yeah, that's usually the best way. Also, the best thing about this combo is that Slayer is in the air so you can't go into IK mode...I almost wish the IK charge mode was more complicated so it happened less in matches by accident.

I almost wish the IK charge mode was more complicated so it happened less in matches by accident.

There's no feeling like playing in a tournament final, hit-confirming into 2D, and going into IK mode when you were just thinking about how much you were going to rape the opponent's lifebar. I've since then switched to RC'ing with KSH for that particular use so that doesn't happen again.

Anyway, does anyone have a consistent midscreen air-combo for Baiken off of a 2S (or 5P if you get lucky). The most I've managed to figure out is dependent on how high you hit her.

2S/5P -> (j.P if low) -> j.K -> j.P -> j.K -> j.c j.K -> j.D -> j.2k -> j.D for knockdown, since Baiken's are made for smart okizeme and throwing :eng101:. I have yet to experiment with possible 5H rebounces.

For combos on baiken i strongly recommend doing:

5p(2S) j.k j.k j.2k JC j.k j.D j.2k j.k 5P j.k j.2k j.D

Or end it early with a j.D after the first j.2k. This combo works most of the time on Baiken, which is unusual for any other aircombo ive tried on her. It deals good damage as well, not sure if it is max but it is consistent and takes her a fair distance so you almost always end the combo with her in the corner. If you get her on the proper height it is possible to have a timing of this combo to get 5H relaunches, but I prefer the consistency of 5p/2s/5s relaunches on her.

You can also do relaunch with c.S SJ j.S j.D j.2K j.D for a more flashy ender. :o

For combos on baiken i strongly recommend doing:

5p(2S) j.k j.k j.2k JC j.k j.D j.2k j.k 5P j.k j.2k j.D

Or end it early with a j.D after the first j.2k. This combo works most of the time on Baiken, which is unusual for any other aircombo ive tried on her. It deals good damage as well, not sure if it is max but it is consistent and takes her a fair distance so you almost always end the combo with her in the corner. If you get her on the proper height it is possible to have a timing of this combo to get 5H relaunches, but I prefer the consistency of 5p/2s/5s relaunches on her.

You can also do relaunch with c.S SJ j.S j.D j.2K j.D for a more flashy ender. :o

I finally got a chance to experiment with this combo, and it is quite consistent if you anti-air Baiken at the right height to connect the initial j.k -> j.k. The damage is definitely more than my combo suggested above as well (187 if started from 5P, 210 if started from 2S), since j.P seems to prorate, despite it not being mentioned in the frame data.

However, the cool thing about my combo is that no matter the height, the initial j.P -> j.K will connect (unlike what I wrote before), and only after that do you need to judge whether to do another j.P -> j.K string or just another j.K before the JC. After that, you do the same combo and have essentially the same options. Basically, your suggested combo is better, but will whiff against a Baiken who is anti-aired low to the ground. So, it has a use...?

You can also definitely do 5HS rebounces off of both of these combos, but you can only really follow it up with the sj.HS or AD j.D -> j.2k business, since the IAD j.k->j.k is seemingly impractical due to her small hit box.

To summarize:

vs. Baiken (Consistent Air Combos)

5P/2S -> j.K -> j.K -> j.2K -> JC j.K -> j.D -> j.2K -> j.K -> 5P -> j.K -> j.2K -> j.D

(187/210); Recommended

5P/2S -> j.P -> j.K -> (j.P if low) -> j.K -> JC j.K -> j.D -> j.2k -> 5P -> j.K -> j.2K -> j.D

(185/197); For Low AA's

j.P has no prorate, but it has GB- of 8. That really lowers damage of combos involving it.

Also after low AA on Ba you can just jK, j2K, jK, JC, jK, jD, etc.

Its true that it won't work if baiken is too low and when you hit her with 2S I believe there might be some cases that j.k j.k will miss as well, but for me it comes naturally to adapt to the height of baiken with a different combo if she is too high, eg. j.k JC j.k j.D etc. and if she is too low I add another 5P at the beginning.

Your combo is harder to burst though as j.p have like zero frames recovery.

Iad j.k j.k is indeed not very useful on baiken. But I recommend doing pilebunker loops on her in the corner as she is very suited for that. A full loop with 2x FB and one regular pb does 365dmg on her after 2D RC. :yaaay:

And 6K 5K 6P frc 5HS pDandy FB PB 5HS pDandy FB PB 5HS pDandy PB does 349. Of course you could do Dot frc stuff with 75% tension after a 6K but pilebunker gives you that joyful bliss of playing slayer. :kitty:

sup everyone, i'm fooling around with slayer lately (germany has some new-found love for the game, finally). i'll probably post a bit in the future, mostly asking questions and asking for improvements to stuff i found - after i read through this 74-pages-maze of a thread.

btw: lol @ din sig yonasu, jag hade glömt den där satsen ^^

my first attempts at LOL air combo: http://www.youtube.com/user/AtTheGates#p/a/u/0/pphv8xabASk

yeah i knew about that ender, just thought it was only possible if you cross your opp (so he isn't in the corner anymore), not in the corner.

I'd like to know more about the Dandy S, HS ender. I have difficulty getting it to connect since the S portion hits the enemy up so that the HS does not hit. Does it have its legitimate uses, or is PB the absolute knockdown combo-ender of the gods?

On a side note, I was inspired by AtTheGates's silly Johnny combos and came up with a combo that I think effectively sums up Slayer's more demanding combo options. So, I think it might serve as a good measurement of a person's progress with regards to playing him effectively. It also does around 240, so it's not too shabby in terms of damage output.

VS. May (Corner)

6P FRC -> 5HS -> j.S (hits twice) -> j.K -> land 5HS -> SJ j.HS -> j.D -> j.2K -> j.K -> 5HS -> IAD j.K -> j.K -> 5HS -> IAD j.D

Also, I'd like to thank those who helped me with the Baiken combos. I won my money match!

Pilebunker cannot make the opponent dizzy at all. But Dandy S HS can.

Also, maybe there're times when you'll want your opponent to be knocked down close to Slayer? Dandy S HS guarantees that to happen.

Wirya hit it on the head. Pilebunker has a dizzy multiplier x0 so I don't know if that takes away all the dizzy or not... Dandy S->H knockdown only works after certain combos on certain characters, but it so far is the BEST knockdown in terms of time to set up oki/distance/damage/dizzy. IAD D should be your second choice.

Use pilebunker for the KO. Use IAD j.D any other time. Use Dandy S->H IF YOU CAN.

How do you guys combo K-DOT? I go for k, 360 on stick, then S. Maybe your method is easier - so share =)

K8632146S

same as you, but i start at up

I do it like 5K632147S. Though I still fail. the 8 not TK works too just as well.

Also, if you 360 that shit god damn fast it should work too. I don't do that because my stick would fall apart lol.

For 5K - DoT i use 360 when facing left. I keep my thumb on top of the ball and do a smooth cirkular motion. Can't seem to get it to work as smoothly to the right, so I'm now in the process of getting used to another stick grip as well as the 6321469 motion when facing right. Will try it out for facing left as well just to see if it feels even better.

AtTheGates: Hehe, jag gillar meningen för den förklarar Slayer så fint. ^^

Jag har nyligen postat en Slayer -guide på svenska här. Har inte jobbat igenom den så mycket men hoppas den ger lite hjälp i alla fall. :kitty:

Roligt att höra att Tyskland börjar vakna till liv igen. Vi har saknat er!

I believe 6321476S, 8632146S and 360 to be the best ways of doing this.

I like 6321476 instead of 6321496 better because if you mess up your TK, you usually get an empty SJ backwards or a jump-backwards S, both of which will be safer than jumping forwards...

With 360 I never know where the hell I will end up..

Also, everyone NEEDS to remember that you can DOT off a simple non-CH 5P as well, bypassing the 5K TK DOT all together.

My method for 2P->5K->DOT is like this

Since 2P->6K at the 2P->5K timing will make just a 5K come out, I do 2P->6K321476S. I find you can hit confirm it well right when the K should hit and you should be coming around the 4 before the 7 at the exact right time to hit 76S.

Sorry, those are just a few notes to maybe inspire a little more research into the better hit-confirm setups.

Hey, I kinda have this problem landing (after an air combo) falling j.K > 5H. I can hardly get it right. Usually I'd be too high after the j.K so there's a bit of time before I fall and land before I 5H. When I do get it right though, I find that after j.K I immediately land and transition smoothly into 5H. Is there any kind of trick/something I should pay close attention to that you guys find make you land it consistently? Or is the timing too strict to make it practical in a match?

also who is maximoff :v:

Edited by njmamm

first of all, if you used j.D anywhere in your combo, you will have to delay the 5HS after landing, since j.D adds landing recovery. if you didn't, just use 5HS asap after landing.

for the timing, at least for this combo:

[corner juggle HS], super jump, HS, link D, 2K, K, \/, HS

it helps to time the HS -> D link as tight as possible, that way, you will be higher in the air for the rest of the combo, which will give you more leeway to delay the j.K before landing.

Hmm...thanks. I can kinda get it a little better now, trying to focus on hitting that low j.K.

EDIT: Wow, I tried doing your version, and I can do it a LOT more efficiently.

My air combo was: blah blah > 5H j.H j.K dj j.K j.D j.2K j.K 5H

I guess there's a lot more room to mess up. Thanks a bunch!

Edited by njmamm

So I was looking through the matchup forums and I found this combo in the SL vs ED thread:

CH 2S or 6P->IAD H->5H->(j.S-j.K->5H)x3 or 4 ->IAD j.D

Any tips on how to do this? I've tried it for a while but I just can't seem to get the right height once I get to the (j.s-j.k->5H) part. Do you link the j.S into j.K after all 3 hits of j.S? By the time I let j.S hit, the j.K just completely whiffs and I drop the combo. Maybe the j.K links to j.S sooner than I thought?

there's a lot of factors. how high are they after the first j.H? if they're too high, bring them down with (sj)iad K, K. are you hitting j.S as soon as possible? you can't let them bounce too high after 5H. the j.K needs to be done really late, too.

and follow that up with 5H, dstep S, H after you cross them up with j.S. it's one of his best knockdowns.

are you hitting j.S as soon as possible? you can't let them bounce too high after 5H. the j.K needs to be done really late, too.

about hitting j.S asap: that's not always the best option, sometimes you do have to in fact delay the j.S(2) slightly when they are too low over the ground. besides, if you delay it slightly, you will have more time to link j.K, link \/, 5HS, since the j.S now happens later during the jump, thus effectively decreasing the time until you land.

sounds overly complicated, i know, what im saying is: play around with the timing until you get a feel for it, i usually adjust on the fly.

at the gates hit it totally on the head. Slayer is a character where depending on height, you have to delay to get things to work.

I'm going to be doing some damage comparison tonight..

mostly f.S->2D RC link combos.. they seem the coolest.

So, 6K->(c.S->f.S)x2->2D RC->5H->IAD j.H->5H->IAD j.K->j.K->5H->j.H->j.K->dj.H->j.2K->j.D is 258.

It also gains a whole lot of meter before the RC and will help reset your meter gain after the RC with the two airdashes

I think f.S->2D RC is worth learning.. Even if on it's a 1f link on standing (I think..) and a 2f link on crouching, the damage is worth it and taking taking out the 2K really helps with the RC 5H height and distance as f.S moves you forward.

This combo also just looks so pro.. Take out the 2K at the end and just link j.D and it's a few less damage I think and looks even more pro.

Edited by MacArthur Blunts

Sign in to follow this