Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC Combos

Haven't tried doing mappa from 2K, don't know why you'd want to, but if you wanted to link it, you could always do 2K 5K Mappa? Just an idea.

oh really? it was in XX and i've had 0 reason to try in AC. ahhahaha. yeah, 2k's almost only purpose is a low option for slayer (haha) and to link 2hs/2d off of it. kekekekeke

thign is sometimes you do a Long distance 2K and it might knock them away from 5K range, so i woudl just suggest going to either 2D or you can do a gutsy 2H -> BBU, which might whiff :/...

At last, I found the exact timing of his 2K gatlings. It's when he pull his legs back. lol sorry if this has already posted, I just wanna share my experience ^^ I can do both 2K-2D and 2K-2H easily now, yeah I'm so happy. But I still need practices to make 2K-2H combo. Oh and I read the Slayer AC 101 thread, it says that DHD can inflict longer stagger time now. But it's weird that this combo doesn't work on slip recovery 3 : S©, S(f), JC, j.D, DHD, S©. I remember back in Slash, that combo works on slip recovery 3 (replace the last S© with 5K). So why won't it work in AC???

i think it made recovery frames longer for air hits. for ground stagger, it's actually shorter. NOTHING on slip recovery 3 connects after a j.d, DHD.

i think it made recovery frames longer for air hits. for ground stagger, it's actually shorter.

NOTHING on slip recovery 3 connects after a j.d, DHD.

nobody mashes at slip 3, that shit is insane.

really? is it a different slip 3 than XX times? practicing combos on slip 2 is most likely then? cause if so, shit i have some sexy combozzzz ;)

slip 2 is probably the best you can get on average imo only one person i've ever met can mash lvl 3, and he could mash out of dizzy in like 3 seconds

people who play on pad (who know what theyre doing) mash at slip 3 to max. i say its cheating i tell you. to super mash all they have to do is put their thumb in the middle of the dpad. or heck even turn on analog controls and just wail on that shit.

sups Im considering picking up Slayer as a counter to my problem chars...I played old school XX slayer, but passed on #R and / cuz he looked very boring to me...now that Slayer is back to dishing out damage in halves not quarters and looking prettier than ever I figured I'd get back on the wagon. Long story short, what are some B&B combos I can land on various chars and what are some of the best openers... so far I noticed most of his old gatlings were removed and that saddens me so I need to figure out how to even start an air combo and then the timing on j.2K seems to be messing with my mind. Some help? I don't need long explanations just a jump start so I can experiment on my own =) ty in advance. -Shag

sups Im considering picking up Slayer as a counter to my problem chars...I played old school XX slayer, but passed on #R and / cuz he looked very boring to me...now that Slayer is back to dishing out damage in halves not quarters and looking prettier than ever I figured I'd get back on the wagon.

Long story short, what are some B&B combos I can land on various chars and what are some of the best openers... so far I noticed most of his old gatlings were removed and that saddens me so I need to figure out how to even start an air combo and then the timing on j.2K seems to be messing with my mind. Some help? I don't need long explanations just a jump start so I can experiment on my own =)

ty in advance.

-Shag

i made a list in the slayer thread, you can check that out for some Combos, and since i put it in a way that it seems unorganized... but o wells.. :sweatdrop:

uh, slayer did more damage in slash... he just needed meter is all.

so less damage

He gets combos so much easier now though than before. The less pile bunker loop the better. KDX, if you wanna practice basics for him, try the links first, IE: SSx2 2K 2H, or just 2K 2H. Then things like K K K K Mappa and K 2K 2H. Generally most of his links have the same timing, or close to, so it's very easy once you get a general feel for his rhythm. As for combos, basic stuff to try is like.... 2H BBU 2D K JC j.K j.2k j.K JC j.K j.2K j.K j.D j.2K j.D etc etc till they hit the ground. that variation of the air combo works on the most characters, you can use other stuff after the 2D, like c.S JC j.S j.2K etc etc, but it's good to get familliar with things. I switch up what I do depending on weight class, like for characters such as aba, you have to change your combo around to work with how heavy she is. Then maybe things like CH DOT, TK DHD for the 2 hitter. You can also link c.S into either pile bunker, so doing something like mappa RC c.S pile bunker is more reliable than a lot of other enders to that. CH 6P IAD j.H land and then whatever you want into an air combo, either c.S or 5H. Practice linking 6K into 5K or 2K Uhh..5K into 6P works now vs. crouching. 6H vs. air into 5P or 5K JC air combo. EX pile from certain distances can combo into K Mappa 5K JC air combo. Also he still has a bunker loop in the corner, you can do something like CH Pile, 5H pile, RC 5H pile RC 5H pile. CH Mappa into either BBU or 2K 2H BBU. The latter is easier. Bite into BBU combos. That's all of the easy stuff I can think of. Hope it helps.

Is bite into BBU hard to be mashed out of by human player? If yes, I'm gonna love his bite again.

Uh, needing Tension to do "more damage" doesn't mean you do more damage, as kugler implied. The more Tension you need to do adequate damage, the less your average damage output is going to be.

thank you very much fellas, all I needed was some basics to get started since I am kinda new to this brand of Slayer (XX slayer was soooo different) I'll make sure to post up if I find anything cool! =) -Shag

Sign in to follow this