Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC Combos

Corner, un-RC Pilebunker, do you need a special combo, before hand, to connect the 2P, or do you always get the 2P? Character weight/hitbox?

More on what Crimson said, whether you can connect a cr.p after a pilebunker, depends more on how late into the pilebunker you hit the person. If you hit them with the end its generally easier, unless the character has an extended sliding time. For instance Im pretty sure that you can do st.k,6p frc Pdandy pile bunker on ky and you can pick him up no problem everytime cause he has a longer slide... or at least thats how I thought it worked. If Im wrong people can correct me.

More on what Crimson said, whether you can connect a cr.p after a pilebunker, depends more on how late into the pilebunker you hit the person. If you hit them with the end its generally easier, unless the character has an extended sliding time. For instance Im pretty sure that you can do st.k,6p frc Pdandy pile bunker on ky and you can pick him up no problem everytime cause he has a longer slide... or at least thats how I thought it worked. If Im wrong people can correct me.

I'm not sure different characters slide for longer or shorter, but they do have differing hitboxes while sliding, which could also account for a difference like that.

Do you know what the best combo to do on lightweights like Baiken and May would be? I'm able to score CH 2S pretty consistently in these matchups, however the problem I face is that they float too much for me to punish them properly like I'm able to do against the rest of the cast. The combo I generally try to do is just Slayer's basic flip combo, however I'm unable to connect the j.k so I can JC it into dj.k-dj.2k. Any suggestions on how I can remedy this?

i mentioned on a different thread where you do the combo jk -> jD->j2k->jK to relaunch knockdown. There are also other ways but i think jK jD racks pretty good dmg over all.

well if you know it's gonna be a CH 2S, you can follow-up with iad.j.H, or (late) gatling to 6H, as well. otherwise, what Zaido said is definitely your go-to combo in this situation.

well if you know it's gonna be a CH 2S, you can follow-up with iad.j.H, or (late) gatling to 6H, as well. otherwise, what Zaido said is definitely your go-to combo in this situation.

Orrrr if you have a bit of meter, and your near the corner you can also go for ch c.S and cancel it to p dandy -> ex pilebunker, standard super jump combo... which does tons.

2s counterhit then confirm it into 6hs is thx. if you actually want to do a good combo instead of a just decent one.

the thread is pretty gianormous, so just wanted to straight out ask. what are some standard combos to do on lights?

the thread is pretty gianormous, so just wanted to straight out ask. what are some standard combos to do on lights?

Well it depends,

Off bbu, you can just do 2d, 5p, j.k, j.2k, j.k, dj.k~dj.d, dj.2k, dj.k, 5p - finisher of your choice.

basically removing the 2d makes that combo work off a basic anti-air p or a close 2hs or whatever you do to launch them.

j.k, j.2k whiffs alot on some lights (baiken D=) so j.k~j.p, j.k fixes that or simply delay the j.2k as long as possible.

Guys I don't think Slayer should end combos in pilebunker anymore. Even though it looks so cool and feels so good, the setup off it is not as good as IAD j.D after a 5H. Combo for lights off BBU - > 5H AD j.D-j.2K-j.K-c.S-SJ.S(2)-j.D-j.2K-j.K-5H-IAD D should work on most of them... Not millia though. She's a bitch. May have a little trouble on baiken.

Guys I don't think Slayer should end combos in pilebunker anymore. Even though it looks so cool and feels so good, the setup off it is not as good as IAD j.D after a 5H.

Combo for lights off BBU - > 5H AD j.D-j.2K-j.K-c.S-SJ.S(2)-j.D-j.2K-j.K-5H-IAD D should work on most of them...

Not millia though. She's a bitch. May have a little trouble on baiken.

2D to deal with millia, I agree she's a bitch really hard to land that combo.

2D to deal with millia, I agree she's a bitch really hard to land that combo.

My problem is the superjump S. I don't want to do the crappy boring basic combo I want tracers and laughing and stomping on faces to go on in my combos.

May be able to just 5H j.S(2)-j.K link.. that's off the top of my head in place of superjump S.

I was never big on ending combos in pilebunker. Yeah it looks sexy but I'll take better wake ups over that. I guess if you're in the corner it's all fine and DANDY, but I don't like to give up my cross up options x_x Also for 2S into 6H, I find that pretty hard to do consistently from a hit confirm, because you give up your opportunity to land j.K if it was just a normal hit. IAD j.H is probably better since you can jump and have time to see if it was CH before you air dash. Other combo doesn't give me enough time to confirm since 2S into j.K has to be kinda tight. But man I forgot all about the Slayer section. What's up guys?

2S hit confirms, i just do it when i know for sure it gona be a CH moment... other time i just go with the other option of jump to watevers.

CH 2S 6H c.S or 5K is pretty much the same damage and CH 2S IAD H 5H. So really do whatever you feel comfortable with. Some characters you get CH 2S->6H->5H->IAD Kx2->H into whatever and taht is like, the best damage you can get off 2S. I think you can get something retarded on Eddie like CH 2S->6H->[5H->j.S->j.K]x3->5H->IAD j.D for a lot of damage. It also sets up IAD

Do you guys ever do anything like 5d jd dj jh land 5h sjh sjd 2k k land 5s(h could probably go here if you were hase) knock down air combo of choice?

I like j.D x3->j.H->j.K->j.D->j.2K->dj.h->j.d (or j.2K into j.D there) j.2K-j.D It works on most everyone as long as you delay the j.D's enough so the j.H pops them up to link j.K If not, you can just do j.2K after the first j.H and go from there. Lightweights I usually do j.Dx3->j.H->j.2K->j.K->dj.K->j.D->j.2K->j.D They are easy as hell.

Sign in to follow this