Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC Combos

Deci, I just edited my post and chopped it up a little...

Really, I do not mind if they are not bursting. It just cuts their window to burst shorter and shorter...

yeah i hear what you're saying. i actually was thinking about bursting on reaction as in bursting to avoid bbu all together which at 10 frames is doable but kind of hard. i was not however thinking about the fact that even if they react late and burst, the bbu will hit them but the burst will still hit you. so they avoid the rest of the combo but still take dmg from the bbu. which is not that much more damage than just doing 2k 2d anyway.

you're right, a knockdown combo after ch mappa could save you tension and reward you with oki oppurtunity if they like to burst as soon as getting hit by bbu.

i was being dumb and only thinking about the avoiding bbu altogether burst.

back on the topic of combos though... how do you get that SJ.H to land more consistently? i can get it only once in awhile. is it actually a SJ cancel from 5H or do you hit 5H then like wait a split second and do SJ? i'm guessing it is SJ cancel but just making sure.

also... is letting them fall lower before you do 5H necessary for SJ combos or just makes them easier?

Deci, it depends on the character. I can't tell you the delays I use for everyone as I do them by muscle memory... I rmeember Johnny and ABA have big delays. IIRC, The higher they are when you 5H them, the lower they will bounce Yes, you are on point with the burst stuff, my opponents get hit by BBU and burst it.

Alright, this is going to sound scrub-tastic, but can someone give me an idea as to when I should be SJC a 5HS in order to go for a SJC combo? I don't know why, but whenever I try it's like a game of 50-50 and I just want to get it to 100%. I practice, practice, practice, but somethings not clicking for me. :v:

If your opponent is the type of person who mashes burst as soon as they get hit by CH Mappa, then okay fine. There are plenty of players who won't reflex burst often, if at all. It just takes time to get used to not bursting immediately and seeing what hits you next, really.

So I agree, it's nice to do some crappy low damage combo and watch them squirm and burst badly... but it's way better to just condition people to not be so stupid with their bursts anyhow. If they burst every time they eat certain setups, okay bait them and punish, be done with it. But in the cases where people are careful with their bursts and it becomes a mixup situation, then I say go for it more often than not. Sure, it encourages them to burst sometimes... but it also makes them realize that they can't just hold onto their burst all the time, either.

Yeah I sort of agree with this.

If you go for knock down all the time, they'll never actually use their burst and you'll be doing just as little damage with your combos as you would be if they had just bursted in the first place. I'd rather just eat a burst and not have to worry about it for a bit if I had to. But yeah...I guess there's always RCing the BBU and blocking >_<

For me, people usually try to burst the follow up AFTER BBU. IE 2D and they burst.

Alright, this is going to sound scrub-tastic, but can someone give me an idea as to when I should be SJC a 6HS in order to go for a SJC combo?

I don't know why, but whenever I try it's like a game of 50-50 and I just want to get it to 100%. I practice, practice, practice, but somethings not clicking for me. :v:

6H isn't JCable......that could be your problem.

6H isn't JCable......that could be your problem.

Bleh, sorry I meant 5HS.

You'll have to excuse me I'm running on fumes at the moment.

Pinion, it's all a matter of spacing and opponents weight. SJC from 5HS is possible pretty much everywhere but it's hard to remember the proper setup for it midscreen, imho, since you need to consider all the different setups for many different characters/starters etc. On some of them you need to be really close when you hit the 5HS, on some you can be a bit further away. In the corner it's possible pretty much all of the time with a different delay depending on whom your doing the combo on, as previously stated by yo-yo. I suggest you try to learn that delay by training some combos with the opponent in the corner since you only have to worry about the delay and not so much about the spacing. It's not possible to do sjc from 5hs when opponent is in sliding state iirc. But I havent tested this so thoroughly so it might be possible on some of the cast. Hope this helps.

ahhh the sjc from 5hs is different delay for different characters. that explains a lot. thanks. btw yonasu the vids you posted for that last tournament you guys had are great man. your slayer is pretty bad ass. if i remember correctly, i noticed you were doing BBU - 5hs j.hs dj.k ... etc. combos. is there specific setups (like height, spacing, character specific) that you need to hit that jump cancel from j.hs to dj.k? it seems kind of tricky whenever i try to learn it.

oh yeah I know. But thats not fancy. If your gonna play top tier might as well be fancy.

watch Raiel's second Slayer combo vid for fancy DOT FRC combos. DOT FRC j.H -> 6H -> 5H ... is HUGE damage for 75% tension.

deci, for the dj.k to be able to connect you need to make sure that you float the opponent high enough, it cant be done on heavies since they fall to fast, but it doesnt really matter since you can do j.hs j.2k j.k dj.S etc on them instead for easier timing. I dont really use it that much now but it should be doable from most 5HS launches, but you need to pay attention to how high the opponent floats, if they dont float high enough you have to go for the extra kick or you wont connect with the rest of the combo and lose lots of dmg and knockdown. Take note that this combo takes some getting used to and doesnt deal as awesome damage as 5HS relaunch-combos does, but it looks awesome. :kitty:

deci, for the dj.k to be able to connect you need to make sure that you float the opponent high enough, it cant be done on heavies since they fall to fast, but it doesnt really matter since you can do j.hs j.2k j.k dj.S etc on them instead for easier timing.

:kitty:

ahh i see, so you actually need a slightly later j.hs then...

i already use the j.hs j.2k, j.k, dj.s(or dj.k) etc combo on heavies. curiously enough, this combo also works on jam if you do the j.hs early enough and time the 5hs correctly.

*SNIP*

Hope this helps.

Ah alright, variable delay depending on the character is something I was not aware of.

Thanks.

This may have been posted or already known on Axl near corner combo into pilebanger rc, wait just a hair, 5hs, j.hs ~ j.k, dj.k ~j.d. (does like 228 dmg or something I could quite read it because of the background colors in england) hopefully that makes sense. I'm really close to finding away to get a dangerous relaunch off of this, but thats the simple way. Very easy. Didn't test on more characters. Yayyyy Slayer.

I dunno if this will help anyone, but... 2H vs. lightweights, if you are close enough and only have around 25 percent, you can do... 5P->sjc.S->j.D->j.2k->j.k->c.S->sjc.S->j.D->j.2K->j.K-c.S->j.S->j.2K-j.D for this combo, you're using 2H as your low option off a basic low-throw mixup so you can be close enough. It gives you soo much tension and will knock them down in the corner from almost anywhere on the screen. vs lightweights 2K->2H->BBU->5H->SJ AD j.D->j.2K->j.K-> from here you have many options on what to do.. near a corner, 5H FB pile 5H pile.. midscreen, c.S->SJC.S->j.D->j.2K->j.K->c.S->j.S->j.2K->j.D using SJ AD D combos after a BBU->5H will always either get you out of the corner or put them in the corner. They also look really cool. CH 2S vs lightweights... anyhwere but corner, do IAD j.H->5H->SJC.H->j.D->j.2K->j.K->c.S->SJC.S->j.D->j.K->5P->j.D this combo will corner them always and give you options for strange j.2K oki stuff. If you are near the corner, do IAD j.H->5H FB pile loop... will add more later.

I dunno if this will help anyone, but...

2H

vs. lightweights, if you are close enough and only have around 25 percent, you can do...

5P->sjc.S->j.D->j.2k->j.k->c.S->sjc.S->j.D->j.2K->j.K-c.S->j.S->j.2K-j.D

for this combo, you're using 2H as your low option off a basic low-throw mixup so you can be close enough. It gives you soo much tension and will knock them down in the corner from almost anywhere on the screen.

vs lightweights 2K->2H->BBU->5H->SJ AD j.D->j.2K->j.K->

from here you have many options on what to do..

near a corner, 5H FB pile 5H pile..

midscreen, c.S->SJC.S->j.D->j.2K->j.K->c.S->j.S->j.2K->j.D

using SJ AD D combos after a BBU->5H will always either get you out of the corner or put them in the corner. They also look really cool.

CH 2S vs lightweights...

anyhwere but corner, do IAD j.H->5H->SJC.H->j.D->j.2K->j.K->c.S->SJC.S->j.D->j.K->5P->j.D

this combo will corner them always and give you options for strange j.2K oki stuff.

If you are near the corner, do IAD j.H->5H FB pile loop...

will add more later.

it sure helped me!

thanx!

Yeah! Check it out! 1st Ky sequence - This was an actual match, I should have just IB'ed the burst and gone into 5H aircombo, but i suck. Baiken Ouren fuck - Yeah, that really hurts. Bridget sequence - Pretty much shows how to get huge life off 50% via pilebunker loop, how to combo him from midscreen 2H CH's, 6P, 2S half life corner knockdowns.. Pot combos - Good vs pot Johnny combo - 100% tension. works on like everyone except sol, hos and faust ABA - Funny combo that corners/does good dmg. Also fullscreen CH DoT 100% tension combo that does a lot of dmg. Anji - Big ass motherfucker Jam - Fun ways to deal with special moves Pot - Lolz Anji - Fuck butterflies Ino - I didn't want to try it again. You can get the j.D knockdown though. Corner to corner baby. Final Ky sequence - SB makes your tension gain go crazy.

i wouldn't say BBU is an option vs _normal_ meaty butterfly from Anji that knows the match-up. Your BBU will either be blocked or even stuffed by some low hitting move, that'll be continued in guard string if you wont go for BBU.

i wouldn't say BBU is an option vs _normal_ meaty butterfly from Anji that knows the match-up. Your BBU will either be blocked or even stuffed by some low hitting move, that'll be continued in guard string if you wont go for BBU.

Yeah, true. Learning to discern between a perfect meaty butterfly and a botched one is important, though.

Hey when you did the anti Pot j.D DHD, did you block the j.D then do it, or did you just straight up DHD? It kinda looked like you blocked so I wanted to make sure. I think I've asked this before but I can't remember. What do you guys do for 2D RC 5H combos?

depending on character, you either go for Iad jK-> land 5P or 5S or 2S (using S is harder timing so you gona hvae to delay the jK part ) to air combo or Iad jP-> jK-> land 5P -> air combo blah blah or depending on distance and character jH -> jK-> land 5S -> air combo or the 5H -> j2k -> jK->land 5H -> pile bunker or you just want Mac and Cheese and have full tension to burn just start doing FB pile bunker loop in the corner :V...

Sign in to follow this