Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC Combos

I'm trying to backdash cancel then mappa punch... but it's really hard.

can anyone give me some tips?

end ur command with diagonal up forward. this vid will show u what it looks like. although it's GGXX, it still applies 2 AC.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hBHZgXhlxtQ

Even though it's not the right thread, does that mean BDC mappa isn't possible for those who cancel normals into mappa via 8236+P/K? For some reason I've always had issues doing TK motions, but I don't want to miss out on potentially important tools.

Yeah sorry, I didn't write that very clearly. The method stated before includes the 9 at the end, so I assumed that all BDC mappas would require some jump cancel component, similar to when canceling from 5K or whatever. I'm not trying to cancel a normal into it though.

You can do 448236+P/K for BDC Mappa, if you really wanted to. The things that you want to input to have a BDC mappa happen are: (1) backdash (2) jump (3) 236+P/K Now obviously, you have to do (1) first. However, the order of (2) and (3) is interchangeable, because you can't cancel a backdash with mappa, so the jump input takes priority and that's where the BDC comes from. Since you can cancel jump start-up with specials, that's where the bdc mappa happens. So, cancelling jump with a special is a bit tight, but it can be done. (Slayer's jump start-up is... 4 frames? and the motion of going up then down->forward is a bit awkward.) However, 442369+P/K is easier, or at least more popular.

we got mac and cheese, we got PBloops, we got 2hit DHDs, and now i'm starting to love bat-cloud combos. combos with a lot of 2H. hard to time, varies for each character and truly badass. like: [corner]CH direct it's late/DOT FRC/whatever, 5H->FB PB, 2H, BBU CH 2H, 2H, BBU up close 2H, 5P/c.S->jK->j2K, late jK, 5H->FB PB, 2H, DOT FRC/BBU/what have you. BBU, 2H, BBU meh. there really isn't much to list. anytime they're going to fall to the ground, 2H them right back up. never mind the prorate, they'll still kill you anyway. and timing's hard.

Multiple 2H's is bad isn't it? It force prorates like 80%? I assume that's stacking so like.......that's just adding proration to your combo. best combos in the world are mappa air hit combos. They're so easy to get on backdashers >_<

i think best combos are probalby ones that are after CH hit 6P 2H and 2S cause those lead to at least half life on most cast :O.. plus its basically free... and tentionless :o

LOL I can only get CH j.H. Even then I can only do basic air combo :( 5K JC j.K-2K -> j.K -> dj.K-dj.2K -> dj.D* *Somethimes I can get dj.D-dj.2K - dj.D

So, after AA 2S, do I just jump -> combo or 5k JC air combo or what?

if it's not a counter hit, then you pretty much always just do j.k to air combo to follow it up. remember that light chars need different combos than heavy chars.

after a counter hit 2s aa, depending on the character specifically as well as their distance to you, you can usually hit them with 5p, 5s, 5h, 2s, or bbu then go into an air combo.

Does the 2S need to count as a CH for the combo/starter to work?

Anti-air CH 2S lets you do whatever you feel like. Non-CH means you have to JC jK pretty much.

Yeah, IAD j.H->5H is best.

or near corner 2S 6H 5H

wow you and zaido are right. iad j.h, 5h and 5H 6H do huge damage since you can use the 5h relaunch to do j.h or sj.h follow ups. thanks for the tip :yaaay:

i got a question about 5h relaunches though. i can get them once in awhile in matches vs the really heavy chars but not much else.

do you guys have any tips for 5h relaunches? is it just as simple as do the last j.k as low as possible or is there anything else helpful?

like do you have any specific setups for it? i would really like to work more 5h relaunches into my combos.

currently the setups i use for 5h relaunches are (after bbu 5h, or other 5h launches):

1. iad j.d -> j.2k -> j.k

2. sj.hs -> sj.d -> sj.2k -> j.k

3. j.h -> j.k -> dj.k -> dj.d -> dj.2k -> dj.k

Sign in to follow this