Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC Combos

I know this is kinda old but, i´ve seen in some combo vids that they do 5H, Sjc, jH,j2k,j.k, jc, j.h etc etc

my question is...how in the world did they jump installed that...I havent tounch this game in a while...mainly because of lack of competition...but now that the competition is back, I really want to re-learn this guy

EDIT: ok I read about that and its super jump install...so...how do i do that?

what do they do before that, though? If they did a normal jump before landing into 5H SJC then it's just the jump carrying over by canceling your landing frames with 5H.

Newb question about K combos here. Lately I've been loving the 5K->5K->236K(RC)->5H->214P-P combo, is there anything better I can do that isn't crazy hard?

well when i do Super jump install

when i do it with 2S i do 2 then flick my stick to 9 and back to neutral then 2->9 really fast

so in this cause while i press 5H i will tap 8 then release and do a quick flick from 2->9 really fast, there is some delay from 5H tap 8 back to neutral... i just know its some odd feeling..

The things that you have to worry about are making sure that your first jump is late enough to count as a jump cancel (too early won't do anytihng), and then doing the 29 with the 2 close enough to the time you actually jump to get a super-jump. If your down motion is too far away from the time you actually jump (too early), the game won't count it.

Newb question about K combos here. Lately I've been loving the

5K->5K->236K(RC)->5H->214P-P

combo, is there anything better I can do that isn't crazy hard?

I think they can wiggle out of the 5H stagger to block your pilebunkah, but 236K RC->5Sc->pilebunker does work. I like to mappa rc into 2K->2S->2D for better oki options though

you can also do it the lazy way where you do an aircombo then relaunch and it's

SJI'ed

Easy SJI rocks.

The -delay- (relaunch) aircombo ones right?

Yes they do rock.

The -delay- (relaunch) aircombo ones right?

Yes they do rock.

:?: could you post an example combo please?

this thread, from post 436. we also talked about it in the Q&A thread a bit, from post 175.

yeah that's pretty mundane, you can cancel your landing recovery from a normal jump into whatever and it will still count you as in jump-state till you go to neutral, so for Slayer you cancel landing recovery into 5H then superjump cancel that. Also a midscreen 75% tension combo on Testament (from about starting position)- K, DoT FRC [jH, K], land, H SJC [sjH, D > 2K, K], land, c.S JC [jS, P > K JC djD] - 324 + corner knockdown Also, hilarious stupid 75% tension combo on Testament (from about starting position)- K XX 2369K RC c.S X 214P > D, 236K, K XX 2369K, P JC [jS(2) > 2K, K JC djK > 2K, D] - 265 damage

yeah that's pretty mundane, you can cancel your landing recovery from a normal jump into whatever and it will still count you as in jump-state till you go to neutral, so for Slayer you cancel landing recovery into 5H then superjump cancel that.

So in other words, I have to do 5H as soon as I land right?

the most hilarious thing was, i was planning to use the same song for a combo video as well but i haven't had time to start on the project cause of finals :X but some of the combos were pretty creative.. like the FIRST Dust combo.. that one was cool and some nostalgic Slash Robo-Ky type combos with the 5H FRC to IAD -> missile Loops I thought that last Combo when Robo-ky exploseds at the end of the SUPER DP will hit Slayer :V... but i guess it barely missed lol..

M. Song just posted the link to a non-FLV version of the movie, it's at infi-knight. nanasiki.xsrv.jp seems to be down :(

Sweet thanks Rtl... sad the site is going down. I wonder if Nana got a real jorb or something. Do you have any vids of him playing in AC? the only vids I've ever seen of him are the ones from the sega cup from slash. Also because all this talk of the easy sji I made this little combo that uses my fav link, j.hs,j.k. Ch j.hs, land, j.hs, j.k, land, 5hs, sji, j.hs,j.k, dj.k, dj.2k, dj.d, dj.2k, dj.k,5p,j.d. The end 5.p jump d is hard to get... does around 200 damage to axl works on him and potemkin for sure... and a bunch of other characters.

i know there was at least one match of Nana in AC, it was from Popy ... Saitama? The one that only posted vids on its YouTube channel. It may have been from before last year's SBO, so it's a bit old, but maybe you can still find it. (If it's not Saitama, then it's Niigata... honestly, i forget.)

I have some nana matches somewhere I'll upload them when I get a chance.

Anyone have any advice/tips on landing ...->IAD j.k, j.k->5H->... the timing on the first IAD j.k feels really, uh, weird? :gonk: HELP

Anyone have any advice/tips on landing ...->IAD j.k, j.k->5H->... the timing on the first IAD j.k feels really, uh, weird? :gonk: HELP

You have to do the first j.k while you still have the momentum of the IAD. If you do it too late, it'll look like a falling j.k, and if you do it too early, nothing will come out. If you do it right, you can double tap the 2nd j.k, and do the 5HS like you normally would. Depending on your combo starter and the character's weight it can be very specific though. The way I started learning it was by picking Potty and doing 2D RC 5HS IAD j.k, j.k, 5HS~whatever. Once you're comfortable with that, try doing it on other characters like roboky, venom, eddie, etc. Eddie hitbox is huge as hell, so that's another character you might want to consider trying it on. But 2D RC 5HS IAD j.k, j.k pretty much works on everyone in the cast; you may have to adjust your 5HS timing on lighter characters though.

IAD jP jK is a much, much easier substitute though not as easy to follow up with, nor do I believe it's as much damage

[iadP, K] followups are almost exactly the same, unless your timing is weird. Now if you're randomly catching mid-air opponents with [iadP, K] then sometimes you can't get H followup so you need to 2S (S)JC into whatever, but in a set combo situation you shouldn't have that problem too often.

Sign in to follow this