Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC Combos

iad jP jK, being a chain rather than a link, is a lot harder (IMO) to get the jK low enough to the ground to land the HS.

with j.P j.K you have to somewhat make ur own delay of the hit, so you might have to instant airdash delay j.P wait a bit j.K so that is when you ur self have to pay attention, not like when you do jK jK,you still have to pay attention, but most of the time you can assume you can land 5H cause everything is linked to it :V which in a sense, if you cant' do iad jk jk, iad jp jk is the easier solution overall, for almost somewhat the same results.

D/L'ing now. I hope that dizzy/baiken only combo is in there. That shit is hot. Ewww .wmv next time h264! nice 100% some good combos that can be done in an actual match too! No dizzy/baiken combo : ( but still good stuff!

Hey I just started playing AC Slayer half an hour ago and I figured out this combo: 2K, 2HS > BBU, 5HS > K Mappa, 5K jc j.k, j.2k, j.k jc dj.k, dj.2k, dj.D, dj.214K. It deals about 220 damage to Jam and works on other characters I've tested on as well. Is this known and if so: is there a better option that deals a lot more damage or is there a way to improve the air combo? Sorry if these questions are basic as mentioned I just started the guy. Thanks in advance!

There's plenty of ways to get more damage lol, but it depends on situation and how much effort you're willing to put into it. But the fastest way to improve that combo is drop the Footloose at the end so you get knockdown.

Hey I just started playing AC Slayer half an hour ago and I figured out this combo: 2K, 2HS > BBU, 5HS > K Mappa, 5K jc j.k, j.2k, j.k jc dj.k, dj.2k, dj.D, dj.214K.

It deals about 220 damage to Jam and works on other characters I've tested on as well.

Is this known and if so: is there a better option that deals a lot more damage or is there a way to improve the air combo? Sorry if these questions are basic as mentioned I just started the guy.

Thanks in advance!

could you give more details -- opponent? screen position? initial distance between you and the opponent? how much tension you want to use? etc.

could you give more details -- opponent? screen position? initial distance between you and the opponent? how much tension you want to use? etc.

After the HS, what is a nice and easy loop vs Jam mid-screen? I only know the basic air combo everyone dropped after 1 day of AC. Is there a way to go into air combo-land-more air combo just from jump cancel HS? Or am I bound to use funky(and hard) stuff like HS jc iad HS land etc?

So all in all what's an easy air-land-air combo vs Jam mid-screen?

Thanks in advance, I always find it hard to combo Jam whenever I practice something new with any character

well, i guess the "problem" with asking for an easy combo after re-launching with 5H is that your follow-up will depend on when you hit them with 5H. if you hit them just as they hit the ground, the ground bounce will be very low, and you could possibly go for something like 5H iad.j.(P-)K -> land + relaunch. on the other hand, if you hit them much sooner as they fall from BBU (like, at Slayer's standing height), then the ground bounce will be higher, and you can either try for 5H -> ad.j.D-2K -> j.K -> land relaunch... or, 5H -> j.2K -> delayed/falling j.K... and from then, depending on how high you are from the ground, you could land and relaunch, or you could follow up the j.K with dj.K-2K -> K -> land + relaunch. ... eh, i think. sorry, i don't have a copy of the game handy, and i'm a bit rusty on my vs Jam combos, so maybe someone can help me out, here. btw, check the first post of the "specific character combos list" for a big write-up, and look for JA in the first bullet to see which combos apply to her. (i'm pretty sure the situation is midscreen) oh hey btw, how much damage does your combo do without the FLJ ?

the character specific combo on the first page, should work from mid screen, too full screen, and even in the corner, but in the corner, there is more of a push back factor that you need to take into account.

An easy corner relaunch loop on jam is something like this: 5H>j.2k>(wait a bit)>j.k>land 5HS> j.2k>(wait a little less)>j.k>land 2S> j.k>j.2k>jump cancel asap> j.s>j.d this isn't optimal damage output, but its relatively easy and is still does quite a bit. This works on a lot of characters as well, just don't use it on super lights, and the pauses between hits vary by weight class.

On Jam in the corner, can't you do (low launch) > 5H JC [jH, K JC djK, D > 2K, K], land, 5H XX Pilebunker? Or if you're not feeling the PB ender you could just do some generic jD ender and it'd still hurt more than all kick and weaker-than-jP j2K combos.

doing a pb ender there wouldn't be worth it you'd lose alot of damage especially considering you can do a super jump follow up there...

Key to Slayer - Mix up your enders. Each one gives you different Oki. And you have like, 5 kinds of oki. (This is MacArthur Blunts BTW. I always forget to log out of Jais' account..)

My key to slayer - Get that knockdown! Going for difficult enders is ok if it rewards you with noticable more damage but knockdown is so vital with slayer that you cant afford to miss out on them against good players. Well, you can but then you actually have to work for your win! Blasphemy!

More silliness vs Baiken and other light characters: 2D RC 5HS iad j.k, j.k, land 2S, j.k, j.D, j.2k, j.k land 5HS, pile. Does 270+ to baiken. This is particularly useful for light characters since getting the 2nd 5HS after the iad j.kx2 gets to be a little tight. Also, I'm starting to find that doing: 5D, j.D, jc, j.HS, land~whatever in the corner is better than doing: 5D, j.Dx3, AD, j.HS, land~whatever. The first version nets you more damage overall imo. Thoughts?

General question about DoT FRC. Sometimes players FRC then j.K before they land, then follow with a relaunch like 5H. Other times they forgo the j.K entirely. How do you know whether or not to do that last-moment j.K? My current (mostly baseless) assumption is that if you're closer to the wall when you do the DoT, you'll cause their wallstick earlier so you need to FRC and j.K instead of waiting.

for me, its all about experience sometimes i do jK low so i can do a combo, sometimes you dont need it so you let DOT hit them, then you start a combo as you land sometimes its just character specific sometimes its cause ur too close to wall and certain characters are light so you use jK if the characters are heavy you use jH, etc etc, sometimes 5H can follow up or 5S etc.. its all about doing it alot in matches and experimenting in general also, if you do 5K-> DOT-> usually you can do DOT FRC jK double jK -> THE REST!!! because of jump install the DOT :V.. etc etc...

can you give some examples of when you saw this?

Do you mean of the j.K being used? Not the best example out there but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmvojQn6unE at 2:30

He doesn't get a chance to continue but I know I've seen it on regular Sol too, but I can't find the video. Today I also came across a video where someone did DoT FRC, then whiff j.H or j.K before relaunching. Not sure if they intended for it to hit or not. I suppose as long as you end up with something that leads to an air combo, it's not a big deal what you choose.

Zaido: Thanks for the info. Sounds like it's about intuition and trail and error with no textbook answer.

Sign in to follow this