Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC Combos

soooo I don't think that the front page will ever be updated to make it look a lot more organized without having to seed through all the pages to find combos right?

Slayer combos are generally fairly similar and with experience you'll just fall into your own combo groove. Watch videos for ideas to improve your current combos and Zaido's combo list (its already organized for you) as a starting point. If you ask questions I'm sure they will get answered but nobody is going to go out and make a combo list without some sort of request by lots of potentially new Slayer mains who want to take up this game seriously and not suck.

lol yeah i figured as much. i have a friend trying to teach me some combos and i generally have one down. i may be trying to get in touch with macarthur sometime soon to try and play with him meaning he lives like 30 min. away from me. But i have been practicing a ton and was just generally looking for a few combos other people have made/done to maybe look at and try to come up with/branch off of to play around with.

Any advice on getting IAD j.k-j.k to land? I do it very inconsistently.

what usually happens, just one j.K? or can you get the second j.K to start-up, but then land before it activates?

perhaps you're doing your first j.K too early? it's not immediately after you airdash, it's more... well, towards the end of the airdash acceleration phase, i guess. it's kinda tight, but you should be able to "feel"/see when Slayer has picked up some extra momentum (which means, more time in the air to do j.k, j.k).

Wait. Why would I need to do the j.k later? Wouldn't I recover in time to do the 2nd j.k if I do it faster? Am I supposed to sjc IAD it? I would assume so because I can't seem to recall any vids of it being normal IAD'ed.

Wait. Why would I need to do the j.k later? Wouldn't I recover in time to do the 2nd j.k if I do it faster? Am I supposed to sjc IAD it? I would assume so because I can't seem to recall any vids of it being normal IAD'ed.

very sorry, my answer was very poorly worded, and what i was referring may not have even been a good way to approach your question.

when a person asks about the double j.K link, a problem that often comes up is that the person is hitting the first j.K too early, during the part of the airdash where you cannot attack. therefore, relative to this time, you should be hitting the first j.K "later", and that's what i was referring to.

but if you already know this, then for me to say "later" will confuse you into thinking "not on the first possible frame that i can attack, after airdashing".

so you're right, you want to do it as soon as it's possible for you to attack (which is kind of obvious, but at least now we're on the same page in terms of the wording).

to get back to your original question: it's possible that you're inputting the 2nd j.K too early, before the first j.K has recovered completely, so it's just a matter of not waiting long enough.

however, i think there's a height factor with this link, so although it's possible to do this with both normal jump -> instant airdash and superjump -> instant airdash, your results will vary.

for example, let's suppose you want to floorbounce an aerial opponent with 5H, and then follow up with iad.j.K, j.K. Since different characters have different air hitboxes, if you jump cancel 5H with a normal jump, then the combo will only work if you hit the opponent at a certain height in the air. On the other hand, if you superjump cancel the 5H, then the combo will only work on opponents who were higher up in the air (or so it seems, from testing on just a few characters...).

which character(s) have you been practicing this combo on? and maybe you could tell me which combo set-up you're using, just so i can reproduce it myself and try to discuss this from the same viewpoint.

sorry again for the confusion m(_ _)m

Fun combo I've been dicking around with on testament. Been too lazy to test it on the cast, but it should work on alot of characters. From a bit past midscreen (crouching only) 6k>5k>6P>frc>K mappa>5K>jS(2)>j2K>jK>whatever the fuck you want. I usually do 2s>jK>j2k>jK>djK>dj2K>djD. Pretty sure you can do one rep of 5H>jKx2 into 5H>IAD jD. I think that might be a little dependent on having a slight amount of guard bar. Fun combo though, not sure if anybody knew about it or knew a better combo for 25% at midscreen off of 6k on crouching. 208+ dmg Edit: jS(1)>j2k>jK>5H>IAD jKx2>5H>IAD jD works quite well.

fun with anji and potemkin - 2D RC 5H jc delay j.K->j.K->5H jc delay j.K->j.K->5H->SJAD j.D->j.2K->j.D lol you gotta be close though. Also, wicked ID with airsuper vs anji 5D^j.D->214214S-land->6H->5H->IAD KK->5H->IAD D if i remember correctly.

The distance shouldnt be a problem here, PB-loops can be done from pretty far away as long as you keep them on the right height. Tried it out in training mode and it is doable on chipp at that distance, its just a pretty tight timing.

Some corner crouching combos: -Dizzy- 6K>5>6P frc>5H>jS(3)>jK>5H>sjH>sjD>sj2K>sjK>djS(3)>djK>5H>iad jD/ Pile Bunker -Bridget- 6K>5K>6P>5K>jD>214214S>5H>iad jKx2>5H>iad jKx2>5H>iad jD/Pile Bunker -Chipp- 6K>5K>6P>5K>jS(3)>jK>5H>FBPB>5H>iad jKx2>5H>PB Hotness with high dmg. Decently difficult but will make people shit bricks. :eng101:

I like where this is going.

May corner combo (no tension. hot. as. fuck.)

6K->5K->6P->5K->j.S(2)->j.K->dj.K (BACKWARDS if you do it right!) j.D->j.2K->j.K->c.S->j.K->dj.H->j.D

I think this is the one I use for jam..

6K->5K->6P->5K->j.S(2)->j.K->5HS->(you will be going back towards midscreen) sj.HS->j.D->j.2K->j.K->dj.H->j.K->5H->IAD D

ALSO

Links you may not know about

THIS is my fav so far. CLOSE range 5P->5K->c.S->FB pile

Also, crouching, c.S->f.S->2S->sweep. Confirmed that this works,

(c.S->f.S->2S->KmappaRC)x2 end with sweep. HOLY FUCK is that a midscreen post 6K combo? yes it is.

Also, 5P->c.S. 2P->c.S crouching.

far range 6H on crouching->BBU (most notably vs sol sweep)

this is a HARD one. like HARD as fuck. I accidently did it during a match and NEVER found out how I did it until recently...

You have to MEATY 2H so it hits on the second active frame. then do 5H. it's amazing damage. most notably vs eddie.

also guys I've been doing combos on pot that deal with ending an air combo with j.H->j.D (post BBU stuff) then landing and getting a 5K->j.S(2)->j.K->5H. So hot.

I've also been doing a lot of (when they have burst) 2P->5K->5P_2P->5K->P mappa. the extra 2P or 5P will put them a little further than just 2P_5P->5K->5K->mappa. Also more burst safe.

Also for burst stuff, I REALLY enjoy forward dashing and if they burst, jump and IB, and if they sit there, just throw.

example

You tag them with like 5P->5K->2K (now they want to avoid the sweep so they burst) 2P dash. the 2P will whiff the burst and your dash can be JC'ed if they burst. for great justice. I get many gold burst throws and burst punishes this way.

It's similar to the timing for iad j.k j.k. Do the j.d immediately after the iad. If done right, the j.2k will come soon enough and bring them back into the air just before they hit ground from j.d. The j.2k won't come out unless your j.d was fast enough.

Nah, it's not really immediately, it's a strange timing. Usually works well when they are higher up like say after BBU->5H and I really only use it when they are far away as well. It's not as fast as j.K->j.K but not as slow as say IAD H. Also not really good after CH 2S. Use 6H if they are too high for IAD H after CH 2S. Use IAD H or IAD KK if they are a little lower.

sorry to be a bother, but:

-Chipp-

6K>5K>6P>5K>j2(3)>jK>5H>FBPB>5H>iad jKx2>5H>PB

this is supposed to say "j.S(3)", right?

I think this is the one I use for jam..

6K->5K->SOMETHING IS MISSING HERE RITE -> j.S(2)->j.K->5HS->(you will be going back towards midscreen) sj.HS->j.D->j.2K->j.K->dj.H->j.K->5H->IAD D

MIRITE?

(although i'm sure it's 6P -> 5K, but who knows, maybe you wanted to show off something that's as unexpected as the rest of the combo.)

Sign in to follow this