Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC Combos

Yeah, and some characters, it's almost impossible to position to do that in an air combo. Generally, I wouldn't go for that combo unless you're fighting a heavier character or one with a hitbox that extends lower. Characters like Ky, Johnny, Axl, Eddie, etc etc are easier to air combo pile bunker on for some reason.

I think I have seen some variation of aircombo land H PB work on just about everyone, really. As for lighter characters, you get the best damage off them with FB pilebunker loop because sometimes they float too high for aircombo. It seems logical to just do like, H SJC j.H>j.D>j.2K>j.K land H FB pb against everyone as long as you have them near (pilebunker will hit from like, really far.) the corner. I'd really rather be doing pilebunker than extending my aircombo and possibly fucking it up. LOL FB PB loop is like, the only way to get big damage against Pot.

i thought the thing about 5H -> FB PB was how 5H hit and how high they are before they can tech so PB can hit, some character float to high so you have to hit as low as you can but o wells i dunno... i fail :/

H SJC j.H>j.D>j.2K>j.K land H FB pb =

Can you do that consistently? After I SJ j.H, the j.D is too far away. Is it a corner only combo or something?

I usually just stick to relaunches because they're easier than PB combos and give you more time to work your wake up game >_<

certain character who has big hit box you can do that, but it is only recommended in the corner... unless your goan do SJC jH ->j2K->jD-> the rest, that works i think in mid screen?

Yeah, it's pretty easy once you work your fingers into it. You can only get it off 5H, though, so it only really comes up after a CH something. In combos I just focus on hitting the j.D>j.2K>K land H into PB, so my combos are mostly improv... Like, CH 2S>j.K jc>dj.K>dj.D>dj.2K>falling K>land H FBPB. That works really well on floaties. To get them in the corner, IAD stuff works really well like, 2K>2H>BBU walk forward 5H IAD j.D>j.2K>falling K>5HS Really, the less hits you have in a combo before you 5HS, the less frames they have to tech it, so I'm trying hard to make my aircombos as short as possible if I have tension/the right spacing for FBPB loop

Yeah the spacing on FB pile bunker loops is tough to get, since they have to be at the right height where you have enough time to 5H them off the wall. Generally if I can get a high-ish wall stick with it, I just do BBU or K Mappa into an air combo, since it's still pretty high damage and a looooooot less room for error. PB loops are indeed 100x sexier though. Honestly, my philosophy is keep it as simple with possible with slayer. Worrying about links is enough trouble so once you get them off the ground, you really want to capitalize off that damage. To me doing an easy 190 vs. a very hard 220 is an easy choice to make. I'd rather have consistency over really nice looking combos. But if you can do the sexy stuff 100% then hell, you're a better slayer than me.

a part of me says no to "sexy combos" but, my body prefer "sexyness" cause its more eye appealing... sounds erotic? it sure is !

hahaha

RANDOM COMBOS I FOUND TONIGHT

DHD ground hit -> BBU -> 5H "the rest" is like 270-300.

6H links into DOT.

new super combo that japanese players will be stealing from america:

THE FLYING DUTCHMAN: 5D [9] j.S(2) -> j.S(2) -> j.S (3) -> DHD (2 hit) xx c.S JC j.S Foot Loose

Oh man it's so dumb but looks so awesome. It's like he's riding them up into the air as he runs on them. Purely for stupidity / showing off.

That's it for useless (mostly) combos tonight.

aka Showed me a pretty tight combo off of RC'd cr.D it was something like Cr.d (RC) HS j.H, j.k, j.k j.2k, j.k hs, j.hs, j.k, 2k, j.k, p, j.D That might not be exact but it was something close to that, did like 287 damage off one rc not bad.

aka Showed me a pretty tight combo off of RC'd cr.D

it was something like

Cr.d (RC) HS j.H, j.k, j.k j.2k, j.k hs, j.hs, j.k, 2k, j.k, p, j.D That might not be exact but it was something close to that, did like 287 damage off one rc not bad.

I can't do this...maybe I'm reading the notations wrong since it's a little confusing. Sounds good....maybe someone else can figure it out?

In the corner vs. characters with big hitboxes:

IAD j.D -> Footloose xx 5P JC j.k j.2k j.k xx 5H FB Pilebunker -> 5H FB Pilebunker -> BBU

265 vs. Ky

Also:

CH j.H 5H FB Pilebunker -> 5H FB Pilebunker -> 5H FB Pilebunker -> BBU

311 vs. Ky. Have fun.

moar combos:

IAd j.D Footloose -> 5P JC j.K j.2k j.K JC j.S(3) xx DHD (2 hit) 5H PileBunker vs. Sol.

j.D Footloose combos are really good, really easy, and do a lot of damage. I've been using them in matches a lot lately with good results.

MOAR COMBOZ

CH PB -> 5H PB -> 2P 5K JC Air Combo does a fuckload for no tension. The timing on the 2P is tight though.

2D FRC 5H JC j.H j.K JC j.S(3 hits) DHD(2 hit) 5H PB

aka Showed me a pretty tight combo off of RC'd cr.D

it was something like

Cr.d (RC) HS j.H, j.k, j.k insert jump cancel here I presume if height allows it j.2k, j.k hs, j.hs, j.k, 2k, j.k, p, j.D That might not be exact but it was something close to that, did like 287 damage off one rc not bad.

dam 2 character limit

Cr.d (RC) HS j.H, j.k, insert jump cancel here I presume if height allows it j.k j.2k, j.k hs, j.hs, j.k, 2k, j.k, p, j.D

more like this

Cr.d (RC) HS j.H, j.k, insert jump cancel here I presume if height allows it j.k j.2k, j.k hs, j.hs, j.k, 2k, j.k, p, j.D

more like this

oh yeah forgot about that, sorry : ( I can ask aka the exact notation sometime.

Haha oops. I say FRC half the time not even thinking. Here's something nice: vs. Anji in the corner you can do BBU 5H straight into FB pilebunker loops. If you have full meter, it does like 330 total. So fucking dirty >_< Also a cool combo: (in the corner) CH Burst 2P 5K JC "the rest" or if you want to be flashy and waste meter on a prorated combo: j.K j.2K j.K 5H FB Pilebunker loop.

What are good bite combos? I usually do this : bite, BBU, 5H, air combo. About midscreen, with 50% tension, is this one good? Bite, BBU, 5H, FB PB, K mappa, 5P, air combo. I just have to know what the most effective bite combos are, since bite prorates like crazy now.

i woudl think a combo off of Bite with 1 BBU is goodenough unless you knwo the FB pB will kill them...like for me usually when i land a bite its mostly toward the end of the match (which i have alot of tension) or the very beginning of the match (when i have either no tension) so no tension i try 2D with tension, i go for BBU, sometimes i just do a BBU xN cause it will kill them and i am lazy to do actual combo that i know i might fuck up :/... underpressure hahaXD

BBU 5H Air combo is the best combo after bite I think. No point in wasting tension unless they're REALLY close to death, in which case, spam as much as you want. But generally just keep it to 1 BBU.

i seem to be having trouble with the FB pile bunker loops... whenever i try to do it off of the HS they bounce too high and the PB whiffs

To get it to work you need to hit them as early as possible with the 5h and then figure out the timing to delay your pilebunkers to make them hit. It's a little weird but I'm sure you'll get it.

Sign in to follow this