Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC Combos

it sorta depends on the character and how you hit them with the 5hs. I don't know the specifics of it but I think if you can hit them with the hs as early as possible then you should be able to do the inputs as fast as possible and have it connect. But if you hit it later I've found that inputing the qcb as fast as possible and then delaying the P can make it easier. Just keep ttesting it out and you'll find the timing though. (I'm sorry I'm not doing a very good job describing it)

They can mash out of BBU. I just usually do 2K 2D

I have yet to meet a human that can mash at Slip level 3, even when expecting that shit. I say do BBU unless they somehow can get out, then do 2K 2D >_<

Seriously though, if you do it as fast as possible, have you ever had anyone escape the stagger to block in time?

I have yet to meet a human that can mash at Slip level 3, even when expecting that shit. I say do BBU unless they somehow can get out, then do 2K 2D >_<

Seriously though, if you do it as fast as possible, have you ever had anyone escape the stagger to block in time?

i had a friend who probalby shaken out of it like 50/50, i think i even have a match recorded of him doing it and do a gold burst just in time :/... made me lose the match ;O... (i think i also staggered the BBU input just by a little but not sure :/..)

I mash at max all the time, every time.

I have yet to meet a human that can mash at Slip level 3

Turtles aren't human.

That's disappointing though. Not much reason to do bite over regular throw, if that's the case.

Turtles aren't human.

That's disappointing though. Not much reason to do bite over regular throw, if that's the case.

Bite gives you life back and even if they mash, you get a "mixup" off it I guess. Plus they can't tech a bite!

...I still just throw.

Why do top players do 2K, 2D after a bite instead of K x mappa or something? Is a knockdown really that important with Slayer compared to staying close? The latter combo does more damage.

Why do top players do 2K, 2D after a bite instead of K x mappa or something? Is a knockdown really that important with Slayer compared to staying close? The latter combo does more damage.

Because you still stay close after 2K, 2D and you get a pretty good mixup afterwards that can lead to a bunch of damage for no reason.

think of it this way, after you get ur mappa punch in, what do you do after that?? after you get a 2D in and knockdown -> you get choices things after mappa doesn't give you much choices.. unless it gona kill them.

I think it was 2D RC, 5H JC j.H, wait j.K, land, 5H, SJC j.H, j.2K, j.K, JC j.H, j.2K, j.D, j.2K, j.K, land, 5S© or 5P, instant j.D.

After the SJC, you are automatically SJI'd, so the followup becomes much easier. Works on characters with large hitboxes in the air like Testament, Axl, Eddie, Venom, Slayer, Zappa, Anji, and I believe Pochop, Sol/OS, and Chipp.

You can also cancel the final j.D into a whiffed j.2K to get air height, then attack with a low airdash j.S as a safe-jump option. Done properly, and since j.S gatlings to j.2K, you can do a 2-hit air j.S for an overhead, or do a last-second whiffed j.2K (doesn't even animate) after the first hit of j.S and go into 2K for a low. It's very tricky to see and the followup combo after the one you just landed will kill usually.

My Slayer sucks, but I can make up wakeups! :eng101:

Hopefully you find better use for it. I know you can finish with PB and actually get longer variations against the biggest air characters like Pochop, Anji, and Johnny, but I don't know them. I don't think the damage was 287 either, but if you make them block Undertow first then you might approach it.

Using a bite as a scare tactic to open someone up is great, but it should only be done once in a while due to its escapability. Of course, you could also do it all the time if for some reason you're landing them a lot (opponent with bad defense), and pull off tons of crazy slip recovery mixups. However, I've noticed that if people get hit with bite a lot, they usually don't have the dexterity or experience to mash out of big combo followups. So basically, if you see someone mash out of your bite combo, don't use it anymore.

You could also account the Japanese, being that they play random strangers (and thus don't know who can mash well), don't do potentially unsafe combos after bite. They just always do the safe ones. Sure it's a good idea, but I'd always use a bite as a huge bullshit shenanigan that will get me the W in a clutch situation as opposed to a reliable mixup tactic for that exact reason: it's not reliable. Just a difference in personal style. Slayer is versatile!

Cheers.

I think it was 2D RC, 5H JC j.H, wait j.K, land, 5H, SJC j.H, j.2K, j.K, JC j.H, j.2K, j.D, j.2K, j.K, land, 5S© or 5P, instant j.D.

5H, SJC j.H, j.2K, j.K, JC

You have to JI the 5H to get the JC after you do the SJ right?

what areyou guys talking about.... slayer did a jH jK already and landed to do a 5H, at that point, it got Jump Installed already... you do'nt need to JI it again.. if you did a double jump or SJ version, then its a different story... it was regular one jump, thus you JIed whatever thing you do after you do an attack right after land. example is lets say you do jH-> or just JUmed and land and do Dandy step Cross wise-> RC the 2nd hit, you can air dash...

Okay guys, I went back in and looked at it again to give you some concrete numbers.

The easiest (and best damage for compromise) BnB that works on the characters I listed is 2D RC, 5H, JC, j.H, wait, j.K, land, 5H, SJC, sj.H, wait, sj.K, SJC, sj.S, sj.2K, sj.D, sj.2K, sj.K, land, 5S©, JC instant j.D.

On Eddie that does 260.

After a blocked Undertow it does 334.

Eddie, Testament, Zappa, Venom, Anji, Axl, Slayer use the combo I posted above. There are characters like Johnny and Potemkin that can be juggled with different variantions, but they all start using 2D RC, 5H, JC, j.H, j.K, land, 5H into aircombo finisher of choice.

Characters I couldn't get this to work on/had to make up another combo: Faust, all lightweights, Chipp, Sol, Order-Sol, Ky, Robo-Ky.

In terms of distance, it's character dependant. Safe to say it's strictly a 3/4 towards corner combo, 2/3 at max (Eddie, Testament, Axl).

2D RC is the jiggity J for damage.

After a blocked Undertow it does 334.

Whoa, that much difference? That's crazy.

Thanks for the information though. We all appreciate it!

blocked undertow increases damage? or does it just raise their guard meter that high

I think it's just a lot of guard meter. 3 undertows get them flashing IIRC.

so after 2D 5H JC, how late do you guys do the j.H? If I do it right away, the j.K lands to early to be able to get on the ground and relaunch, and if I wait to do j.K, they're too high for it to hit. Is there a trick to this?

Certain characters, like Zappa, require that you hit them with the first 5H exactly when they hit the ground so you get the lowest possible bounce. Axl, Eddie, Testament don't require this. You just have to wait as late as possible. It's a tough link, but definately worth going for. I usually do the j.H ASAP, then wait as long as possible for the j.K.

This might sound like a noob question. But I'm having a little trouble in consistently linking slayers 2k into 2d or 2hs. It's easy if I just mash 2d or 2hs right after, but that's dumb. It might just be a timing thing. Is it? Just curious to see if anyone has any pointers. Thanks.

like you said urself 2K Linking -> 2D or 2H even though i hear argument of it is a gattling too but watever it is, timing it is always better then mashing it.. trust me on that... you probably jsut timed it wrong Mashing might get it to hit a few times, but mashing itself actually might delay the move from coming out :o

From my experience, 2K linking -> 2D or 2H is not that hard, but requieres timing, i suggest you to check slayer`s legs, and press 2D/2H when his legs are returning from the kick, i always look at his legs and i know when to press the buttons.

Sign in to follow this