Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soniti

[CS1] Rachel Video Discussion

that delayed 2d j2c combo at 24ish was pretty sick, although the damage is pretty pathetic, seems like so far rachel can only do anything unless the opp is in the corner, but yay for midscreen froggies on tao @30ish

Those VAMOS vids actually made me sad inside just watching the Rachel players struggling to, well, do anything.

This.

I spend my time watching Hazama matches instead, it's much more fun to root for a character that actually sometimes wins...

:vbang:

This.

I spend my time watching Hazama matches instead, it's much more fun to root for a character that actually sometimes wins...

:vbang:

Wow, Noel's new 5c and optic barrel are ridiculously fast.

Hazama's seems really good at fishing for counterhits with ouroboros and that backstep flash kick.

Tager has so many rocket finger setups. It's a totally legit mixup especially in the corner.

Litchi's new shishin that moves upwards looks really good.

Oh look, Rachel is doing 2a 5b 5c 236a again :/

something like that would be probably only useful for maybe putting someone in the corner. man how did they end up doing this to rachel? wouldn't you figure this was supposed to happen to v-13 instead lol. looks like we gotta figure out some whacky shit with her wind to possibly do damage

They maybe want to make us use it in more creative ways, so they nerfed her so much. There must be some way, I can't beliveve that they nerfed her so bad, without adding anything good.

They maybe want to make us use it in more creative ways, so they nerfed her so much. There must be some way, I can't beliveve that they nerfed her so bad, without adding anything good.

It feels like each one of her moves was reviewed by a seperate person, and each person thought that his/her move was a bit overpowered. When they put it all back together, everything was nerfed. :psyduck:

But yeah, we'll see.

Once again- drunken darts. Also, adding 6C 8D after BBL won't do anything even if 6C still has the damage buff from the loketest (which I'm doubting) just because of proration in general. The way I used it, it took relatively few hits to get BBL to hit which is why 6C still did a decent amount of damage. Even then, that combo is really no good unless you're sure 1) they're going to die 2) they're not going to burst and make you waste one wind for your effort. Maybe if you can catch them in the air throw that's some damage, but I can't imagine that working more than once on the same person. *reads Rachel's match up against Hakumen* ... :vbang:

Actually, Haku and Tager in CT were alright. They needed buffs, but they weren't really desperately waiting for the next installment. Sure, the system mechanics and the top tier worked against them, but at least they could do something with their REAL SOVIET DAMAGE. I mean.. We don't even have weak American damage... I blame Mori and his loliphobia... Only reason our character was even in CT is because of peer pressure.

Well, I tried >_>

I'll still try to think up something even if I'm a crappy Rachel player :v:

There is no point in doing 6C after BBL in CT, much less in CS. The thing is, it is a much better option to simply let the opponent fall back to the floor while you resummon the pumpkin and the frog for a new round of mixup corner-pressure game than trying to add a bit more damage and giving them the opportunity to escape the corner via air-tech once you're done.

Although i read that in CS, air-BBL startup was faster, so someone needs to confirm if it is possible in CS to use air-BBL after 6C j.C jc j.C, because that would make it interesting to use after a corner 6A 6C8D j.C jc j.C. It could possibly be a good punish against players trying to escape the corner via air-jumping.

I've got a bunch of theoretical ways to extend corner frog combos, so as to allow the frog timer to recharge and allow us to re-frog, but there's virtually no way for me to test them. I just spammed them all at Blade (sorry!). >_> In somewhat related news to all this BBL talk, I feel like it's worth mentioning that j.2c is still a viable overhead if you have them on the defense with a pumpkin out. j.2c 1d 5db. Pretty horrible in terms of wind use, though. I don't really see this happening unless we can get some better oki going again, though. Also, just realized this was the video thread. Gah.