Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soniti

[CS1] Rachel Video Discussion

harcore 2C mashing lol.

But no really, 2C is faster by a little bit and the 2C CH 2D stuff still works but do 5CC afterwords.

I still got thrown out of it multiple times and unlike in CT, buffering in a throw break doesn't work :vbang:

The UFO vids were fucking hilarious. Lobelia + Iris spam for the motherfucking win. Unfortunately, I don't think we can reasonably expect that kind of strategy to work against anyone who doesn't suck. Aside from the opponent handing her free combo opportunities by repeatedly running/airdashing into Lobelias, I'm not seeing a real gameplan for forcing damage.

I don't think I've seen any oki game from her in any vids so far.

My thoughts exactly.

Ya, i've been thrown out of it dozens of times more than I did in CT. I guess because people are starting to realize that's her new gtfo me move and thats about all she has thats semi reliable now. Think I may have found something that may help her a ton but I'll refrain from posting it til I'm sure.

No matter how bad the Tao match is, I'm fairly certain the Carl matchup will beat it. Rachel's best approach is winded george? I've played this match, it's hilariously bad. There is no point in using projectiles at all in this match. Considering that zoning is really all she has left, I can see this match being incredibly lopsided.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9012790

04:41 Rachel v. Ragna

17:04 Rachel v. Ragna

25:19 Rachel v. Hakumen

j.2bd is the new (and much shittier) j.2c. Wind animation gives away the overhead somewhat, unless you condition them by 2d'ing for lows also.

Multiple pole stuff still hurts, both for normal Iris and BBL. Combo to super followed by lv3 j.2c can break 4k, but at a steep price. Super after frog is too heavily prorated to be worth it. Super without poles doesn't seem worth it either.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9012790

04:41 Rachel v. Ragna

17:04 Rachel v. Ragna

25:19 Rachel v. Hakumen

j.2bd is the new (and much shittier) j.2c. Wind animation gives away the overhead somewhat, unless you condition them by 2d'ing for lows also.

Multiple pole stuff still hurts, both for normal Iris and BBL. Combo to super followed by lv3 j.2c can break 4k, but at a steep price. Super after frog is too heavily prorated to be worth it. Super without poles doesn't seem worth it either.

Is it possible to do j.3db j.c 5b j.b j.c 5b? Two overheads on one wind stock?

And ew at 2d-ing for lows. :psyduck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v3r0cGCVmg#t=7m40s

uh....does 6a 5b j.b j.c dj j.2c only work on rachel?

last time i heard, j.2c didnt connect off of j.c in CS

I haven't heard that, actually. Some confirmation on that would be nice.

I was under the impression that no one did it because it was a nigh suicidal move in CS.

Is it possible to do j.3db j.c 5b j.b j.c 5b? Two overheads on one wind stock?

And ew at 2d-ing for lows. :psyduck:

No, it's not possible.

Empty jump 2d low works well when you have a pumpkin. Whiff j.c also does the job. But it's still not a very confusing mixup if you have decent reaction time since most people just block low as soon as your feet touch the ground.

I haven't heard that, actually. Some confirmation on that would be nice.

I was under the impression that no one did it because it was a nigh suicidal move in CS.

j.2c air combo ender works on everyone. It's not exactly suicidal to end with j.2c since it is possible to pumpkin upon hitting the ground and wind into a mixup. However, that mixup is hella slow. It might even be possible to dp her before she recovers from summoning the pumpkin. Better off using the opportunity to back off and summon safely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v3r0cGCVmg#t=7m40s

uh....does 6a 5b j.b j.c dj j.2c only work on rachel?

last time i heard, j.2c didnt connect off of j.c in CS

You can't chain them. In this case you jump cancel j.c then use j.2c, so that doesn't affect it. However, I don't think going for lvl.1 j.2c is ever a good idea for Rachel in a combo.

Well I thought the problem in CS was that summoning pumpkin after took too long and didn't reach far enough so it ended up with her in a disadvantageous position.

Well I thought the problem in CS was that summoning pumpkin after took too long and didn't reach far enough so it ended up with her in a disadvantageous position.

If only that was it... :vbang:

what were they thinkin... at the least they should've only either nerfed the range or add the extra time to summon, not both.

I personally would have been happy with just a range nerf.

my sentiments exactly, i feel that the only reason they nerfed the time was so her 5cdc 214b, 5d, 6c, j.c combo wouldn't connect anymore

does her 4b gatling with 2b? i can't remember if it did or not in ct either, since i never had to use it lol

lol Jeff just keep on playing Litchi. Btw I love how cat chair is a huge part of Rachel's game now... lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnaO0Dmg_7E

1:24 ~ CH 3c in the corner into 5b -> BBL

Looked really cool.

3:06 caught my eye. Really interesting set up. Mid screen 6cd into 5b -> cdc -> frog -> 3c -> a lobelia -> cc -> whiffed a lobelia -> 3c. It all combos and sets up 2 poles for more potential damage during oki.

4:08 ASTRAL HEAT XD

6:56 back throw -> 5b -> BBL -> frog -> 3c -> 3c

7:08 Rachel GETS AH'd >_<