Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soniti

[CS1] Rachel Video Discussion

Well, it will probably be CS Rachel with some mechanical "cheats" enabled.

Actually, that's interesting. What cheats would you like CS Unlim Rachel to have?

If its something similar to CT Unlim Rachel:

- Frog doesnt go away unless killed.

- Sword Iris makes multiple lighting bolts, not just at the poles.

- More wind regen? Unlim wind?

unlimited rachel will have the cheat of doing decent damage :v:

I wonder if ASW employs some genius in house testers who came up with some revolutionary, top tier like gameplay for Rachel, only they know about it so far but that justifies all the nerfs done to Rachel :kitty: Or they just sux. The warning sings were there already. :vbang:

Well, one could argue that was the point of some of the nerfs for Taokaka...They were just waiting for someone to find the Taunt Loop :vbang:

Unfortunately, the lols quickly ended. The Arakune matchup is pretty interesting. It seems just as hard - if not harder - to land a curse on Rachel in CS, so this matchup may not have improved that much for Arakune despite Rachel's massive nerfs. As a side note, any idea how many top Rachel players are left? H.H is the only holdout I'm still hearing anything from.

H.H seems to be the only one still maining Rachel that I've heard anything from -- the others who still touch her at all either alt her or just mess around occasionally. For the most part they have dropped her completely. @Moogster: H.H is a famous Dizzy and Rachel player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr0w2MgUSNQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKUH3CJChgc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ougRM98_tMg

Here are some Rachel matches I think are worth watching. I know her opponents suck real bad, but nevertheless I think it shows some pretty interesting things with her, especially frog setups and methods of sliding the frog under the opponent.

three things i noticed from those vids 1. The Ragna is obviously American lol 2. Air iris is omfg hot, the air iris directly back into pressur made me hot for rachel again :kitty: 3. BBl comboing off frog is about as smart as using 6B and j2C, lmfao at the 2K dmg from the 28 hit combo...

in the vids posted by rhanmah, from the 2nd vid against Noel. it seems like it might be a better choice (if you have wind) to go for the 6a, 5b, j.C, jc. [C], j.C, 214b, then possibly go for another j. C as you're landing to try and get that reset. but the j.2c from the air into 236a would be good option for windless combo. 236a should hit if the opponent tech rolls toward you right? and also, keeping someone down from an air combo with j.2c in the corner seems like a bad idea. can someone punish if you use 214b after landing it? cuz i know from experience using 236a is worthless in the corner (unless you wind it back) since the active frames is a little past her body so it won't do anything to prevent them from punishing after you use j2c to knock them down. the TK air iris was pretty nice in the noel match as well.

Can't they just neutral tech through 236a and punish you for that, too? Unless the j.2c cancel into 236a has changed since CT, that's what used to happen.

Well, from the videos i've seen, i'm 99% sure the recovery on 236a has been reduced in CS, so j.2c --> 236a might actually be safe. I'm not sure. Although you could always mind the neutral tech and delay the 236a so they are forced to block it. Might not be worth the risk though.

How could you delay the 236a? It's a cancel, so that's your chance to do it -- then you have to wait until the j.2c full recovers from landing.